Ultimate Paradise
17 April, 2024, 07:36:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Inside, -911- gets opinionated.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside, -911- gets opinionated.  (Read 1497 times)
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« on: 04 January, 2009, 06:52:52 pm »

I thought the Genesis was better than the SNES, and I still do thanks to replaying some of my favorites. MGS3 was crap in my arrogant opinion compared to MGS and MGS2, MGS4 probably will be crap too. Ever since the merger, Square has been LAY-zee and has produced nothing worthwhile. Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, and Warriors: Orochi are better than No More Heroes. Xiahou Dun would kick Travis Touchdown's ass all the way from Jiangdong to current age Timbuktu. Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention was better than Final Fantasy VII just for being able to make Ren burp at any time. Anyone who thinks Earthworm Jim sucks, should go and get a root canal for the rest of their life.

Vectorman was better than Super Metroid, Warhead would wipe Ridley's prehistoric ass all the back to the Triassic. Sephiroth may be all-powerful, but if he used Supernova Omega Rugal would just Genocide Cutter and use his invincibility frames of pure manliness and proceed to kick his teeth in and have them come flying out of Sephi's ass. Out of all of Treasure's games, Wario World is the best just because you can pile-drive a transsexual alligator stripper monster. Wario Land 3 was the epitome of awesome, and anyone who hasn't played needs to, as it adds on twenty pounds of muscle to you and complete resistance to assholes. Soul Calibur II was great, but the next two titles were disappointing and lackluster.

Tekken hasn't been any good since Tag Tournament, after that it became a race to juggle the other guy as much as possible without giving them a chance to even get up, and they're going to make that even worse with Tekken 6, I call total bullcrap. Mortal Kombat 4 was more fun than Tekken 3, I'd much rather turn into a Giant Scorpion and rip the other guy in half with my stinger than to play Tekken 3. Heihachi is the best Tekken character, you disagree you're an idiot and need to re-think your life. Team Fortress 2 is currently the best active shooter out there, art style is fantastic and anyone who'd rather be some personality-less "space marine" knock off can go fly off the end of their grandma's ten story ass.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1 on: 04 January, 2009, 06:56:05 pm »

*reads*

there's a few areas I disagree with, but only one of them could be considered a full disagreement.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Manco
Bounty Hunter and Nameless Gunslinger.
Knight

Lake Hikari, the catboy. :3

« Reply #2 on: 04 January, 2009, 07:08:55 pm »

Good thing I played Wario Land 3, then.

I'm not fond of Metroid and I haven't played Vectorman, will get later.

MGS4 actually looks cool, imo, I played it a bit on the mall weeks ago. Gun Del Sol in MGS4 is badass.

And Sephiroth's an over-rated son of Genova. 'Nuff said.
Report Spam   Logged

The Man with No Name... Danger fits him like a tight black glove...
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #3 on: 04 January, 2009, 07:39:16 pm »

Out of all of Treasure's games, Wario World is the best just because you can pile-drive a transsexual alligator stripper monster.
I'm sticking this in my sig.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #4 on: 04 January, 2009, 07:40:04 pm »

Sephiroth may be all-powerful, but if he used Supernova, Omega Rugal would just Genocide Cutter and use his invincibility frames of pure manliness and proceed to kick his teeth in and have them come flying out of Sephi's ass.

This was funny.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #5 on: 04 January, 2009, 07:41:47 pm »

Lessee...
  • Never had a SNES to compare to my Genesis, but they both had really awesome games.
  • MGS3 was indeed crappy compared to all of the others, but MGS4 was a redemption...except for the explanations.
  • Square has actually produced some good games since the merger. Not as many as I'd like, nor do some have the expected quality, but they've done some good stuff.
  • Indeed, the Warriors series are better than NMH. Especially Orochi. I love being able to switch between characters. (Wait, didn't I voice this exact same opinion waaaaay before this topic? Yes I did.)
  • No. I can honestly say that R&S was nowhere near the level of gaming goodness FFVII had, overrated though it may be.
  • Meh, never particularly liked the EJ games, but they were a little funny
  • Super Metroid was awesome, and Vectorman was not better than it.
  • Omega Rugal is not all-powerful. Get over it, Sephiroth would probably win in an actual fight.
  • Wario World is nowhere near the best game ever made by Treasure. Bangai-O and Gunstar Heroes are the only two contenders for that spot.
  • True, Soul Calibur II was the best in the series, but at least SCIII had an actual story mode with story, unlike SCIV.
  • Tekken has certainly gone downhill since Tag Tournament, but Tekken 3 was the best of the series, and was certainly much better than Mortal Kombat 4. And no, Heihachi is not the best character. He's just the oldest.
  • If Team Fortress 2 was actually better than every other shooter, then there'd be more people playing it than other shooters. Now I wonder why they aren't......
« Last Edit: 04 January, 2009, 11:49:28 pm by Haseo the Xth » Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: 04 January, 2009, 07:45:49 pm »

Rugal has t3h invincibility frames.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #7 on: 04 January, 2009, 07:52:28 pm »

Gunstar Heroes is treasures greatest game Then its either Bangai-O, Dynamite Headdy!, Guardian Heroes, or Radiant Silvergun, tis impossible for me to choose.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #8 on: 04 January, 2009, 07:54:51 pm »

Rugal has t3h invincibility frames.
Canon. That's not.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: 04 January, 2009, 07:55:44 pm »

That's what you think~
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #10 on: 04 January, 2009, 08:42:32 pm »

I thought the Genesis was better than the SNES, and I still do thanks to replaying some of my favorites.

While it wasn't my first system, the Genesis was what really got me into gaming. Many kudos to it.

MGS3 was crap in my arrogant opinion compared to MGS and MGS2, MGS4 probably will be crap too.

Dunno about MGS4 but I thought MGS3 > MGS1 and 2.

Ever since the merger, Square has been LAY-zee and has produced nothing worthwhile.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this statement. Anyone who disagrees is a moron.

Anyone who thinks Earthworm Jim sucks, should go and get a root canal for the rest of their life.

There are people who actually think that? lolwut

Wario Land 3 was the epitome of awesome, and anyone who hasn't played needs to, as it adds on twenty pounds of muscle to you and complete resistance to assholes.

Wario Land 3 was good, though I will always prefer Wario Land 2.

Soul Calibur II was great, but the next two titles were disappointing and lackluster.

Another fact that cannot be disputed by anyone who is actually sane.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #11 on: 04 January, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »

Ew.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: 04 January, 2009, 09:44:07 pm »

Wario Land 2 is awesome as well, both of them had their strong points.

I'll continue because I feel like it.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike was better than SFII, the only bad thing about it was Remy being in Guile's spot. Gill is awesome, not only because he's a Greek God, but because his name has something in common with mine. I always felt MvC had more of a soul than MvC2, not because of the dumb jazz music taking the place of awesome remixes, but the stages just....being there....I'd rather be fighting outside of Dr. Wily's factory than fighting on some random iceberg. Not to mention Onslaught is a much more awesome and fiercesome boss than Abyss ever hoped to be, much cooler and not a joke to fight. Alex is much cooler than Ryu, mostly because he's based on Hulk Hogan and can powerbomb someone from twenty feet in the air.

I used really be into the Armored Core series, it was awesome back on the PS1, and the earlier PS2 ones were great as well, but now they feel just.....egh. I really wish SEGA would give more attention to Vectorman, he deserved to be in something like SEGA Superstar Tennis more than Shadow or Amy IMO. I never really cared for either Knuckles or Metal Sonic, but sometimes I do feel as if Shadow is stealing Knuckles' spot as Sonic's rival or Metal's spot as his "evil copy". Unlike some people, I actually think Eggman is a cooler name than Robotnik if anything just because of the Beatles song. I wish Nintendo would give more effort into their Donkey Kong games these days, it's mostly all spinoffs or mediocre titles with not much effort thrown in. It's as if they're trying to get back at DK for being awesome thanks to Rare, rather than Nintendo making him awesome.

One day I hope for Capcom to release a "Marvel Vs. Anthology", with X-Men: CotA to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 being available for play on the 360 and PS3 with cross-platform online play. Capcom should try making a MegaMan fighting game with every RM available as well, allowing epic crossover fights like FireMan vs. MagmaMan or SpringMan vs. Roll.

That's all.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #13 on: 04 January, 2009, 09:47:52 pm »

Third Strike is wildly overrated, the parry system is crap, the balance is out the window, more than half of the characters are bad, and Gill is only a step above his terrible brother Urien in coolness because his super moves are cool. If it wasn't for Alex, Hugo, Q, Ibuki, and its wonderful animation, I'd probably never remember Third Strike at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #14 on: 04 January, 2009, 09:50:17 pm »

I lol'd heartily - thank you so much for making this 911. And SpringMan vs. anybody is the **** - I have a similar desire for a Batman fighting game.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: