Ultimate Paradise
17 April, 2024, 07:20:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 21: Squall vs. Dizzy

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 21: Squall vs. Dizzy  (Read 849 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 10 January, 2009, 09:30:46 pm »

You know how this goes. Vote for who you think would win in an all-out battle to the death.

Note that as this is a Who-Would-Win based tournament, it would be appreciated if you read and take part in the debate on tactics and fighting ability before voting; you can change your vote any time you want before the polls close. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

If anyone feels like they absolutely have to write out a battle themselves, feel free to send me what you have in mind, and I'll probably enjoy the day off. 

Now then, on to battle!

Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart: Final Fantasy VIII: A man who went from student to hero, Squall possesses amazing speed, dexterity and strength. Squall learned to fight at the famous Balamb Garden military academy, gaining multiple allies as he went. He eventually ended up saving the world while armed with his trademark Gunblade and more magic, items and summons than you can shake a stick at without accidently activating some sort of death spell. The power Squall gained along his epic journey would make any final boss quake at the knees.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squall_Leonhart

Dizzy

Dizzy: Guilty Gear Series: The details of Dizzy’s birth remain largely unknown. It is known that her mother is the Command Gear Justice, making her a Half Gear, whose natural powers include extreme resilience, as shown by her ability to survive a 20,000 foot fall, and longetivity, as shown by her unchanged appearance 100 years later. Dizzy possesses the ability to shapeshift her body into any form she want, but specializes in changing her wings. She also has the ability to summon powerful energy attacks. Although she is normally a nature-loving pacifist, her sheer strength is more than enough to warrant the $500,000 bounty on her head.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizzy_(Guilty_Gear)#Dizzy

Round 1:
Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator 10-9
Day 2: Adol Christins vs. D 1-13
Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine 9-6
Day 4: Rikuo vs. Luke Cage 2-12
Day 5: Omega Rugal vs. Baraka 11-2
Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader 5-9
Day 7: Rey Mysterio vs. Hulk Hogan 3-9
Day 8: Hiro Nakamura vs. Thor 5-11
Day 9: Lobo vs. Blackheart 7-5
Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost 4-6
Day 11: Jack Bauer vs. Deadpool 4-8
Day 12: The Hulk vs. Morrigan 9-7
Day 13: Raistlin Majere vs. Brock Sampson 3-9
Day 14: Sho Minamimoto vs. The T-800 11-4
Day 15: Scorpion vs. Natsu 9-7
Day 16: Gordon Freeman vs. Apocalypse 3-10
Day 17: Jackie Chan vs. Freddy Krueger 8-7
Day 18: Lucy/Nyu vs. Drizzt 0-11
Day 19: Akuma vs. Naruto 6-8
Day 20: V vs. Shuma-Gorath 2-11
Day 21: Squall vs. Dizzy

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:31:08 pm »

Within his dark lair upon the earth, the tentacled Demon Shuma Gorath sensed a powerful presence heading for him. The Demon twirled around to face nothing more than shadows.

“I apologize if I’m trespassing upon this hell-stained pit, but I find it necessary in order to achieve my ends,” came the voice of a man who stepped from the shadows, revealing a robed figure fitted with a Guy Fawkes mask.

“And who do you think you are, to invade the realm of a God?” Shuma Gorath asked.

“Some vicariously view the visage of a vicious vengeance-seeking villain, while others veer their gaze towards a virtuously vigilant victor. Verily the vexed yet vast motives of such a vivified vanguard of justice and values remain vigilant. Evil, vice and vermin are the targets of my violence and this vanquishing includes you. You may call me V.”

“You are here to fight me? I will destroy you!” The demon shouted.

“Vainly.” V whispered as he drew two of his daggers.

A ball of energy appeared in front of The Lord of Chaos and shot at V, who dodged it sideways with incredible speed while throwing his daggers at the Demon. Shuma Gorath turned to liquid to dodge the projectiles and re-solidified behind V, grasping him with his tentacles.

V quickly unsheathed another dagger and swiftly cut through the tentacles that held while putting a good amount of distance between them.

Shuma Gorath roared angrily as his removed tentacles quickly sprouted from their stumps, completely healing over.

“This is… unfortunate,” V noted to himself.

The Chaos Demon launched several eyeballs at the revolutionary that blew up as they landed at his feet, resulting in an explosion that blasted V off his feet.

Shuma Gorath launched himself into the air above V and formed his tentacles into a drill, hurling them into V, who rolled away just in time, while slicing all the Demon’s tentacles off with one swipe of his dagger.

Shuma Gorath hit the ground with a thump as a ball of limbless purple goo. V charged the Demon as a blast emitted from his eye into V.

An ungodly scream emerged from the Demon as V planted his dagger dead center in the creature’s eye. V dropped the metal plate he stashed beneath his vest which now had a massive hole blown through the center of it.

Shuma Gorath’s tentacles grew back as he yanked the dagger from his eye, resulting in a violent squirt of demonic blood before he was able to heal it.

V breathed hard as the Demon pulled himself up before him.

“Are you prepared to die mortal?” Shuma Gorath spat.

“I am not mortal, for behind this mask is an idea. And ideas can never die, no matter how many time they are killed,” V said, pulling himself up to his full height.

“We’ll see about that,” The Lord of Chaos stated as ball of energy appeared before him, launching itself into the unprotected V, who calmly closed his beneath his mask.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #2 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:32:03 pm »

interesting fight.

Gonna go with Dizzy though.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #3 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:32:29 pm »

If Dizzy goes insane, she'd win easily. If not, then I'd say it would be an interesting battle considering how Dizzy would be attempting to hold herself back.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #4 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:33:02 pm »

I don't know. Squall has some pretty powerful summons and magic in his arsenal...
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #5 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:37:08 pm »

hm, forgot about Summons.

oh well, I'll change.

Dizzy's way cooler though.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #6 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:40:13 pm »

I haven't played much Guilty Gear, what happens when Dizzy "Freaks out"?
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #7 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:41:51 pm »

well, her wings have their own thoughts and bodies. One is called Necro. In Guilty Gear XX, Necro managed to take over Dizzy for sometime, and he went on a rampage. Dizzy normally doesn't like fighting, but when Necro had full control he went around destroying other fighters with her power until Faust cured her of his control.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #8 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:44:08 pm »

Well she was able to completely obliterate I-no with a wave of energy when she went unconscious and Necro took over. I-no's among the more powerful characters in GG as well. Dizzy's also incredibly resilient and was able to survive a 50,000 foot drop to Earth once without any apparent injury too.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #9 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:45:30 pm »

GAH.

I forgot about the fall.

damnit, this one is tough...
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #10 on: 10 January, 2009, 09:53:33 pm »

I think physcially, Squall would be about as powerful as Cloud was in Advent Children, with the added benefit of Magic, The Guardian Forces and Items.

I think if Squall can simply cast Heal enough or cast Reflect, he'd come through alright. Not sure though, it seems like this fight would be over pretty quickly given the strength of both.
« Last Edit: 10 January, 2009, 09:57:58 pm by Gaffit » Report Spam   Logged

GSD
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

GSD

« Reply #11 on: 10 January, 2009, 10:07:47 pm »

Squall.

And I really enjoyed reading that fight...
Report Spam   Logged

Adol the Red
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tripping balls

Adol, walking across the Garden of Madness

« Reply #12 on: 10 January, 2009, 10:08:48 pm »

I'm going with Dizzy because in the CD Drama she easily obliterated a fleet of warships by herself in seconds.
« Last Edit: 10 January, 2009, 10:16:11 pm by Yogurt » Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #13 on: 10 January, 2009, 10:24:53 pm »

Squall.

And I really enjoyed reading that fight...

Thanks!  Grin

I'm going with Dizzy because in the CD Drama she easily obliterated a fleet of warships by herself in seconds.

I'm not going to claim to be an expert on these two characters, but it seems that Bahamut could do similar...
Report Spam   Logged

Adol the Red
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tripping balls

Adol, walking across the Garden of Madness

« Reply #14 on: 10 January, 2009, 10:32:48 pm »

Not only that like her mother she can seize control of Thousands of Gears to fight alongside her.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: