Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:47:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

One Piece. (Spoilers)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One Piece. (Spoilers)  (Read 9095 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #180 on: 24 July, 2009, 03:43:02 pm »

Holy crap.

SPOILERS

ACEISONEPIECEACEISONEPIECEACEIS****ING ONEPIECE

I NEVER SAW IT COMING!

I wonder if Oda planned this from the start!

But this makes me wonder. Could One Piece be approaching it's final chapters? With this revelation, Luffy's quest may end but a lot of ends would be left loose such as:

-Zoro never beating Mihawk and becoming the greatest swordsman
-Luffy not becoming Pirate King
-Shanks not being found
-Luffy never reuniting with his crew. (He wouldn't be a pirate without his crew)
-Dragon is still rampant and unaccounted for.

OMGOMGOMG

O_o

That makes a freakish amount of sense.
And yet, doesn't make any narrative sense at all. I am suspicious of the source of this revelation.

What do you mean? It's Roger's greatest possession he left behind, whoever "possessess it" will become the King of Pirates, it's very hard to find (not because of it's location but because of it's form).

It fits all the requirements.
Report Spam   Logged

Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #181 on: 24 July, 2009, 03:44:11 pm »

Oh, he meant Whitebeard.

No, no.
It makes sense.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #182 on: 24 July, 2009, 04:38:55 pm »

What I'm saying is

A: What the hell makes you say that, Judg? Did you read it somewhere, or are you just randomly guessing?

B: It would make absolutely no sense at all in terms of the actual writing, not the story itself. Wrapping it all up with Ace as One Piece? Absolute letdown and massive backlash. Unless the reveal of Ace as OP would not mean the end of the series, then it just doesn't make any sense for him to write it that way.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #183 on: 24 July, 2009, 04:42:28 pm »

What I'm saying is

A: What the hell makes you say that, Judg? Did you read it somewhere, or are you just randomly guessing?

B: It would make absolutely no sense at all in terms of the actual writing, not the story itself. Wrapping it all up with Ace as One Piece? Absolute letdown and massive backlash. Unless the reveal of Ace as OP would not mean the end of the series, then it just doesn't make any sense for him to write it that way.

But don't you see Salty? That means, the true greatest treasure on Earth is the bond between brothers. ;~;
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #184 on: 24 July, 2009, 04:43:59 pm »

What I'm saying is

But don't you see Salty? That means, the true greatest treasure on Earth is the bond between brothers. ;~;
No. Not in this story. Nakama, maybe. Brothers? Too many loose ends. WAY too many loose ends.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #185 on: 24 July, 2009, 04:44:55 pm »

What I'm saying is

No. Not in this story. Nakama, maybe. Brothers? Too many loose ends. WAY too many loose ends.

You under-estimate the power of an epilogue montage.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #186 on: 24 July, 2009, 04:47:40 pm »

What I'm saying is

You under-estimate the power of an epilogue montage.
Noooot really. Epilogue montages are there for what people do with their lives after all the conflicts have been resolved. In the case of One Piece, there're too many conflicts, too many innuendoes, too many plot points for an epilogue montage to work.

Also, they suck balls.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #187 on: 24 July, 2009, 06:18:10 pm »

My theory is that there actually isn't anything at the end of the Grand Line, and Gol D. Roger just said what he said at his execution because he knew it would drive many more people to become pirates in order to claim his treasure. A final "screw you" to the Navy and the World Government. Especially since he turned himself in and the WG were claiming they captured him.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #188 on: 24 July, 2009, 06:48:13 pm »

Yes, it is a guess. But it's a damn good one, which is why I put spoilers around it in case it turned out to be true, and I admit, I did include to put it in my initial post because I was so excited by my prediction.

What made jump to this seemingly wild conclusion was initially when Whitebeard declared that his son Ace was still in one piece. At first, the idea popped into my head and I thought, "na." But when I thought of it, it made sense. Now, that may just be a coincidence but when you think of it, it may also be a huge case of fore shadowing. My guess is that what Whitebeard said was just that. And when you think about it, it makes sense. Sure, maybe not from a narrative standpoint, but from a logical standpoint where narration doesn't matter it makes a hell of a lot more sense than buried treasure or some wild power source when you consider the name One Piece. In addition to this, Ace has been shown to be extremely valuable to the pirate community, being the heir of the former pirate king. This probably would explain why Whitebeard is going through such great lengths to protect the son of his greatest rival, and why he formed such a bond with him. When you couple this with the fact that Gol D. Roger went so far to hide Ace from the world. If everyone knew, he'd be the target of both sides, pirates and the government. Pirates would try to murder him, proving that they are indeed worthy of being pirate king, and the government would hunt him down to make sure such a threat would threaten society again. He truly is a treasure.

This leads me to believe, without a doubt, that Ace is indeed One Piece, and I will stick with that belief as firmly as I can. It's just too perfect and Oda would be passing up a huge opportunity if he didn't make Ace One Piece. Nothing I could imagine would make for such a monumental impact. Nothing. I will be sorely dissappointed if he isn't.

As for the narrative problems, I'm sure Oda could think of ways around it. It don't think it would be that hard. Oda is a pretty good writer.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #189 on: 24 July, 2009, 07:00:56 pm »

Yes, it is a guess. But it's a damn good one, which is why I put spoilers around it in case it turned out to be true, and I admit, I did include to put it in my initial post because I was so excited by my prediction.

What made jump to this seemingly wild conclusion was initially when Whitebeard declared that his son Ace was still in one piece. At first, the idea popped into my head and I thought, "na." But when I thought of it, it made sense. Now, that may just be a coincidence but when you think of it, it may also be a huge case of fore shadowing. My guess is that what Whitebeard said was just that. And when you think about it, it makes sense. Sure, maybe not from a narrative standpoint, but from a logical standpoint where narration doesn't matter it makes a hell of a lot more sense than buried treasure or some wild power source when you consider the name One Piece. In addition to this, Ace has been shown to be extremely valuable to the pirate community, being the heir of the former pirate king. This probably would explain why Whitebeard is going through such great lengths to protect the son of his greatest rival, and why he formed such a bond with him. When you couple this with the fact that Gol D. Roger went so far to hide Ace from the world. If everyone knew, he'd be the target of both sides, pirates and the government. Pirates would try to murder him, proving that they are indeed worthy of being pirate king, and the government would hunt him down to make sure such a threat would threaten society again. He truly is a treasure.

This leads me to believe, without a doubt, that Ace is indeed One Piece, and I will stick with that belief as firmly as I can. It's just too perfect and Oda would be passing up a huge opportunity if he didn't make Ace One Piece. Nothing I could imagine would make for such a monumental impact. Nothing. I will be sorely dissappointed if he isn't.

As for the narrative problems, I'm sure Oda could think of ways around it. It don't think it would be that hard. Oda is a pretty good writer.

But if Ace was indeed One Piece, and Roger wanted to hide his "treasure" from the world to keep him safe, why would he tell the entire world about it right before his execution?

I'm sticking with my own theory, thanks.
« Last Edit: 24 July, 2009, 07:02:53 pm by The Mighty Boosh » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #190 on: 24 July, 2009, 07:02:40 pm »

Perhaps he was taunting the world.
He probably thought know one would ever know since he hid him so well.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #191 on: 30 July, 2009, 07:34:21 am »

*reads latest chapter*

Well that's a bit disappointing.
« Last Edit: 30 July, 2009, 07:35:54 am by The Mighty Boosh » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #192 on: 30 July, 2009, 12:43:05 pm »

*reads latest chapter*

Quakes...

Badass...?
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #193 on: 30 July, 2009, 01:40:34 pm »

*reads latest chapter*

I'd hardly call it disappointing...but Luffy and Iva's little omake was funny as all hell. So Luffy knew this whole time, eh?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #194 on: 30 July, 2009, 02:55:23 pm »

*reads latest chapter*

Quakes...

Badass...?

Part of why I liked Whitebeard so much was because I assumed he didn't have any Devil Fruit powers. I just thought it was cool that the strongest pirate in the series (thus far) got to where he is by his own strength.

Still, there's always Shanks.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: