Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 09:52:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

One Piece. (Spoilers)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One Piece. (Spoilers)  (Read 9034 times)
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #195 on: 06 August, 2009, 01:08:10 pm »

Lol, the whole chapter this week was double-pages.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #196 on: 06 August, 2009, 11:19:14 pm »

Grin

That's all I have to say about this week's chapter.

Also, I take back what I said about Whitebeard's ability. The ability to quake your opponent's insides til they shatter? Awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #197 on: 07 August, 2009, 03:56:18 am »

Grin

Also, I take back what I said about Whitebeard's ability. The ability to quake your opponent's insides til they shatter? Awesome.

I agree with this.

Even if I'm a little disppointed that Whitebeard has Devil Fruit powers after all, it's still pretty cool that supposedly the strongest Devil Fruit in the world is a Paramecia type, which is usually considered the weakest.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #198 on: 07 August, 2009, 12:43:19 pm »

Grin

I agree with this.

Even if I'm a little disppointed that Whitebeard has Devil Fruit powers after all, it's still pretty cool that supposedly the strongest Devil Fruit in the world is a Paramecia type, which is usually considered the weakest.

Interestingly enough, I think Luffy would be Whitebeard's perfect counter. Quakes would have little effect on Rubber.

Of course I'm assuming Whitebeard's sword skills would more than make up for it.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #199 on: 08 August, 2009, 12:45:14 am »

Grin

I agree with this.

The strongest Devil Fruit in the world? Hardly. While Whitebeard is considered the strongest man in the world, that says much less about his fruit in of itself, and much more about how strong he's made it. After all, just look at Luffy and all that he's done as a rubberman that he couldn't do in the beginning of the series.

Also, I wish to note that he didn't shatter his opponent's insides, he merely shattered Aokiji, who happens to be an ICEMAN and turned into ice as he shattered.

In case this means nothing to you, it means to me that Aokiji's hardly out of the fight.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #200 on: 08 August, 2009, 01:32:08 am »

Grin

I agree with this.

The strongest Devil Fruit in the world? Hardly. While Whitebeard is considered the strongest man in the world, that says much less about his fruit in of itself, and much more about how strong he's made it. After all, just look at Luffy and all that he's done as a rubberman that he couldn't do in the beginning of the series.

Also, I wish to note that he didn't shatter his opponent's insides, he merely shattered Aokiji, who happens to be an ICEMAN and turned into ice as he shattered.

In case this means nothing to you, it means to me that Aokiji's hardly out of the fight.

I realized that when he froze the ocean by landing on it. I'm merely pointing out that Whitebeard's "Quake" ability may be far more versatile than it is at first glance. I could see how bullets and cannons would be totally ineffective since he can quake them into dust before they get near him, the same goes for melee weapons. And although he may not be able to shatter a normal foe, shaking an opponent's insides certainly doesn't tickle.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #201 on: 08 August, 2009, 01:36:01 am »

And the fact that he can quake the air itself to create an intense shockwave.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #202 on: 08 August, 2009, 02:15:06 am »

Then again, he has to be able to move his arms in order to activate his ability. If his arms are bound, he's as good as dead, not to mention the fact that he can't exactly counter intangibles such as Kizaru's light.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #203 on: 08 August, 2009, 02:39:34 am »

Then again, he has to be able to move his arms in order to activate his ability. If his arms are bound, he's as good as dead, not to mention the fact that he can't exactly counter intangibles such as Kizaru's light.

From what we've seen, it's entirely possible that he can perform similar feats with his legs or head. And Kizaru himself is cheap as it is. The dude's made of light.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #204 on: 09 August, 2009, 01:10:05 am »

You guys are forgetting, Whitebeard is most likely capable of using Haki. So he might be able counter Kizaru just like Raleigh (sp?) did anyways.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #205 on: 09 August, 2009, 01:29:29 am »

You guys are forgetting, Whitebeard is most likely capable of using Haki. So he might be able counter Kizaru just like Raleigh (sp?) did anyways.
Has Whitebeard been a confirmed Haki user? I thought only Luffy, Dragon, Raleigh, Roger and Boa were confirmed users. Though it would make sense considering it's hard to become a Pirate God if you don't have something to counter Devil Fruit with.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #206 on: 09 August, 2009, 10:51:47 pm »

Has Whitebeard been a confirmed Haki user? I thought only Luffy, Dragon, Raleigh, Roger and Boa were confirmed users. Though it would make sense considering it's hard to become a Pirate God if you don't have something to counter Devil Fruit with.

I don't know if it's necessarily been confirmed, which is why I said "most likely".

But I think Shanks is a confirmed user, and I think the whole "sky splitting in two" thing from Shanks and Whitebeard's meeting was their Haki clashing.
Report Spam   Logged
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #207 on: 14 August, 2009, 11:51:41 am »

Whitebeard would have been more impressive if he didn't need a devil fruit power to make the air explode. Still awesome nonetheless.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #208 on: 19 August, 2009, 02:40:51 am »

I WANT TO TAKE PART IN THESE DISCUSSIONS BUT ONE PIECE IS SO DAMN LONG.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #209 on: 19 August, 2009, 04:17:46 pm »

I WANT TO TAKE PART IN THESE DISCUSSIONS BUT ONE PIECE IS SO DAMN LONG.

Which, the manga or the anime? I always read the manga because I can get through it faster than I can watch it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: