Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 07:16:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

One Piece. (Spoilers)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One Piece. (Spoilers)  (Read 9201 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #375 on: 03 December, 2009, 03:51:01 pm »

"My, you're a slow one aren't you?"

Damn Godmoders...

Kizaru is one of the biggest winners of the superpower lottery. Akainu and Aokiji are as well, but since Kizaru can turn into light, I think he trumps them.

Blackbeard is a big winner as well, of course.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #376 on: 03 December, 2009, 03:53:21 pm »

If you've gotten a logia, you're pretty much a winner. Look at Enel/Eneru. Luffy might have been the only person that would be able to hurt him.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #377 on: 03 December, 2009, 04:12:39 pm »

Yeah, but I don't think anyone would be able to hit Kizaru when he turns into light. Well, unless they were using Haki like Rayliegh did.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #378 on: 03 December, 2009, 04:13:36 pm »

Oda probably realized how overpowered Logia users were, and decided to invent the Haki power to counter it >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #379 on: 03 December, 2009, 04:20:26 pm »

Which I'm glad of. I just hope Oda doesn't give Shanks a Devil Fruit power. I like the idea of one of the strongest pirates in the world being there purely through his own strength. And I liked Rayliegh from the moment he was properly introduced.

There's something I want to clear up, though. I know Blackbeard can't turn into his "element" like most Logia users, but is it true that he can't avoid any attack that goes near him?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #380 on: 03 December, 2009, 04:22:33 pm »

It could be true. it would make sense since he's got the power of gravity (Well, darkness really, but it's gravity manipulation that seems to be it's power), and everything is attracted to him.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #381 on: 03 December, 2009, 04:30:43 pm »

You know who would kick Kizaru's ass? Mr. 1. The man can turn into reflective steel. I think that alone would allow him to fight Kizaru to a standstill.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #382 on: 03 December, 2009, 04:53:00 pm »

You know who would kick Kizaru's ass? Mr. 1. The man can turn into reflective steel. I think that alone would allow him to fight Kizaru to a standstill.

Perhaps, but that would require him to keep up with Kizaru. Also, it looks to me like only the actual blade parts are reflective. The rest of his body just turns hard as steel, I think.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #383 on: 03 December, 2009, 05:12:06 pm »

Perhaps, but that would require him to keep up with Kizaru. Also, it looks to me like only the actual blade parts are reflective. The rest of his body just turns hard as steel, I think.
His entire body can turn into blades if he wants, I just don't think he's done it before.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #384 on: 03 December, 2009, 05:19:24 pm »

His entire body can turn into blades if he wants, I just don't think he's done it before.

Eh, maybe. But I still don't think he'd beat Kizaru that easily. It's not like Kizaru's only attack is to fire beams at people. And thanks to his devil fruit power he can move at the speed of light, so Mr. 1 would have a hard time keeping up with him. Also, unless Mr. 1 is a Haki user, none of his atacks would be able to connect anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #385 on: 03 December, 2009, 06:17:54 pm »

I don't think that Blackbeard gets hit by every attack because of his powers, I think he went and got his god-mode fruit because he was weak. And as such, he can't dodge because his body is still weak, it's just his powers that are strong.

Also, I expect to see Zoro vs. Blackbeard. If only because somebody on Luffy's crew ought to wisen up and not pit a fruit-user against him.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #386 on: 03 December, 2009, 06:49:14 pm »

I don't think that Blackbeard gets hit by every attack because of his powers, I think he went and got his god-mode fruit because he was weak. And as such, he can't dodge because his body is still weak, it's just his powers that are strong.

Also, I expect to see Zoro vs. Blackbeard. If only because somebody on Luffy's crew ought to wisen up and not pit a fruit-user against him.

Nah, Zoro will be against that Shiryuu guy. Luffy has to take down the big bad of a crew/organisation. It's just the way it works. Usopp will take on Van Auger, Lafitte will most likely fight Nami, Chopper will fight Doc Q, and Sanji will probably fight Burgess. As for Franky, Robin and Book... Well I don't really know. But I could see some of the fights being two-on-one affairs, unless Blackbeard recruits some new crewmembers before the inevitable faceoff.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #387 on: 11 December, 2009, 06:32:57 pm »

Aw... I was kind of hoping that Luffy would use some last minute Haki in order to kick Kizaru in second gear. Not beat him, but just get in one good hit.

And now Garp's a douche.
« Last Edit: 11 December, 2009, 06:36:42 pm by Gaffit » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #388 on: 11 December, 2009, 06:35:40 pm »

I actually expected Luffy getting his ass kicked. This arc is more about setting up antagonists and giving Luffy and crew reasons to get stronger and people to beat, so it's not that surprising. Garp isn't really that surprising though. He's a Marine through and through. He might have regrets, but he'll always support the Marines and follow orders.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #389 on: 11 December, 2009, 06:53:29 pm »

We already knew Garp was going to step in at the end of the last chapter, so yeah, it's not that surprising.

Marco's seeming pretty lame, though...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: