Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 04:54:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

One Piece. (Spoilers)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One Piece. (Spoilers)  (Read 9897 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #465 on: 11 March, 2010, 09:23:03 am »

...Seriously? I'm half betting that this must be the power of "D".

On another note, though, it seems like we've finally found out who the ultimate villain of the series is going to be.

Well, I'm pretty sure most people thought of Blackbeard that way anyway, but this would seem to be confirmation at least.

I just hope Blackbeard doesn't reach Sasuke or Aizen levels of brokenness...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #466 on: 11 March, 2010, 09:29:41 am »

He's definitely reached "Big Boss" levels of brokenness, but I don't think that he's going to be anywhere near as Asspull-riffic as Aizen, or even Sasuke (who, since he's been on a losing streak lately and hasn't gained any new powers I'm aware of, is getting less and less broken in my eyes)
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #467 on: 11 March, 2010, 09:47:51 am »

Even so, he's now got the powers of (probably) the two most powerful Devil Fruits in the world. Not to mention high levels of physical endurance even by the standards of the One Piece world. Also, though this might just be me, but this whole stealing powers thing does seem like a bit of an asspull. Undecided

And I guess I agree about Sasuke. It's more his attitude that pisses me off right now rather than his power.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #468 on: 12 March, 2010, 01:22:21 am »

Yeah, the fact that everyone got one power and that was it made One Piece awesome. It took one hell of a hardass and a lot of creativity to achieve Godly levels with things like a Paw Paw fruit, or Hormones.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #469 on: 12 March, 2010, 08:36:23 am »

Yeah, the fact that everyone got one power and that was it made One Piece awesome. It took one hell of a hardass and a lot of creativity to achieve Godly levels with things like a Paw Paw fruit, or Hormones.

But then you got the likes of Kizaru, Akainu, and even Blackbeard himself who all definately won the superpower lottery. Undecided

Still, at least Blackbeard still has one glaring weakness: Haki. It might be a bit more difficult to reach him with it now, but it's still there.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #470 on: 12 March, 2010, 12:10:55 pm »

But then you got the likes of Kizaru, Akainu, and even Blackbeard himself who all definately won the superpower lottery. Undecided

Still, at least Blackbeard still has one glaring weakness: Haki. It might be a bit more difficult to reach him with it now, but it's still there.
For now, he's also still very vulnerable to physical attacks. A badass normal like Mihawk could probably take him out pretty easy.

Let's just hope he doesn't eat a Logia user any time soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #471 on: 12 March, 2010, 12:29:14 pm »

For now, he's also still very vulnerable to physical attacks. A badass normal like Mihawk could probably take him out pretty easy.

Let's just hope he doesn't eat a Logia user any time soon.

Oh definately. But if that horrible event should ever transpire, he could still be taken down by a Haki user. And it just so happens that Luffy is capable of using both regular and Haoshoku Haki, albeit unintentionally.

And then there's Shanks, who can also use both. And he seems to be in total control of his Haki, unlike Luffy.

And we don't even know what the other two Yonkou are capable of. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #472 on: 12 March, 2010, 12:50:52 pm »

I'm fairly sure that the Yami Yami no Mi is a Logia fruit.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #473 on: 12 March, 2010, 01:06:11 pm »

I'm fairly sure that the Yami Yami no Mi is a Logia fruit.

Okay then, let's hope he doesn't gain the powers of a Logia Fruit that actually allows him to turn intangible.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #474 on: 13 March, 2010, 05:10:15 pm »

My guess would be that Blackbeard DOES obtain more powers... The climax would then be Blackbeard vs Luffy, with Blackbeard being an amalgam of many different powerful abilities, against Luffy's lone rubber powers.

Though, I do hope Blackbeard becomes more interesting... One Piece has had much more interesting villains than Blackbeard.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #475 on: 13 March, 2010, 05:19:09 pm »

My guess would be that Blackbeard DOES obtain more powers... The climax would then be Blackbeard vs Luffy, with Blackbeard being an amalgam of many different powerful abilities, against Luffy's lone rubber powers.

Though, I do hope Blackbeard becomes more interesting... One Piece has had much more interesting villains than Blackbeard.

I really kinda hope that isn't the case. It's just so predictable...

And I hope he does too. Right now he's just in the territory of "bad for the sake of being bad". Mind you, a lot of villains in One Piece seem to want to rule the sea just for the hell of it...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #476 on: 13 March, 2010, 05:27:49 pm »

True, but I think those villains, despite having simple goals, are still more interesting... with the other villains, I have a kind of love to hate them feeling towards the villains. They're despicable, manipulating and downright evil, and I hate them for it. But I still think they're awesome. With Blackbeard, I don't have that.... at least not yet. Like you said, it just feels like he's the main villain, for the sake of the series HAVING a main villain.

I don't know... I hope he becomes more interesting than he is right now.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #477 on: 13 March, 2010, 05:32:16 pm »

And it doesn't help that he's fat and ugly. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #478 on: 13 March, 2010, 05:33:22 pm »

Going off of something I said earlier. What if this ability of Blackbeard's to consume more than one Fruit is the power of "D"? I'd expect Luffy to get something like a Logia fruit, combine that with rubber powers, and start kicking ass.

Just a thought.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #479 on: 13 March, 2010, 05:36:57 pm »

True, but Spandam wasn't exactly the prettiest guy ever.

Meh, might just be because I think being able to steal other people's powers is kind of cheap. I might warm up to Blackbeard being the big boss at some point <_<

Going off of something I said earlier. What if this ability of Blackbeard's to consume more than one Fruit is the power of "D"? I'd expect Luffy to get something like a Logia fruit, combine that with rubber powers, and start kicking ass.

Just a thought.
That might be it, though personally I hope it isn't. I can see the awesomeness that might come from it, but I still think Luffy shouldn't get more powers than he has right now.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: