Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 09:53:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

American Idol Season 8 Topic

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Idol Season 8 Topic  (Read 428 times)
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« Reply #15 on: 03 March, 2009, 02:00:52 am »

And now onto Group 3 of the semi-finals

And my impressions of the semi-finalists Group 3 before they sing later today

Semi-finalists include:

Alex Wagner-Trugman
19 years old, from Studio City, CA

He's really awkward and weird.  Like...nerdy, I guess.  He has a nice tone to his voice, I guess, but his voice really isn't very well developed and it just needs more work before he can really do well in a competition like this.  I don't have high hopes for his performance this week, and I feel like even if he has a good one, he won't progress.

Arianna Afsar
16 years old, from San Diego, CA

She seems to me to be really cute, and young, which is something that does well in current industry.  She's got a really pretty and soft voice, which just sounds great.  She seems very level headed and well prepared for somebody her age.  Hopefully she doesn't disappoint this week.

Felicia Barton
26 years old, from Virginia Beach, VA

She was sent packing at the end of Hollywood Week, only to find salvation in the disqualification of a semi-finalist before the semi-finals began, and she was called back and given a spot in the top 36.  So technically, she was, then, number 37, or at least number 19 of the girls.
She's a worship leader or some crap...meh.
No idea if she can really sing yet, because I don't remember her well.  She'll either be a pleasant surprise or more of the same.

Jorge Nunez
20 years old from Carolina, PR

He's Hispanic, with the accent to boot.  I liked his voice.  He's a little bit...uhm..flamboyant?  I guess that's the right word.  I wish he were cuter.  Meh, we'll see how he does, but I have a feeling he'll fall flat this week...and he might get a minority boost...meh.

Ju'Not Joyner
26 years old from Bowie, MD

He's the only black guy still in the competition...I don't remember anything about him at all, to be quite honest.  I think he might get some votes for being a minority...I don't know how to feel about this one.

Kendall Beard
23 years old from Austin, TX

BOOBS!  First thing that jumps out to me about her, oh, and I guess her voice is okay.  I don't expect much out of her, but she could surprise me.  Those jugs are going to get her some votes from the male population in America.  Blah.

Kristen McNamara
22 years old from Napa Valley, CA

MAD SKANK!  Geez.  She kinda looks like a sexier Topanga, though...sorta.  If she bleached the **** out of her hair and dyed it random colors.  Actually, I think it's just the cheekbones and the lips.
But yeah, I don't like this one very much.

Lil Rounds
23 years old from Memphis, TN

She's got a really nice voice, and I think she can sail through the semi-finals because she's one of those, people with a sob story.  But seriously, she can sing, and I hope she doesn't disappoint me.

Nathaniel Marshall
18 years old from Malone, NY

Ugh, drama queen, and UGH! piercings.  He's been an annoyance so far, and I don't think I want to bother looking at him for a whole season of Idol, so I hope this is it for him.  He could pull off a great vocal, though, and that might help redeem him.

Scott MacIntyre
23 years old from Scottsdale, AZ

He's a blind singer.  He's not bad, but I certainly wouldn't say he's great either.  He plays piano, but I don't think he can really shine without having it there, so I think he's going to suffer in terms of stage presence.  He'll probably have a decent performance.  This group seems to be underloaded with talent, so he can probably get through to the finals.

Taylor Vaifanua
16 years old from Hurricane, UT

I'm unsure on this one, too.  Meh.  

Von Smith
22 years old from Kansas City, MO

Look at that huge mouth.  Yep, he always sings like that...with his huge mouth open as wide as possible.  And he sings so loud.  I just am not into it.  He could pull a decent performance, but it will probably arrive overdone.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208
LuigiKong
The Master of the Kongs/LuigiKong
Legendary Member

Mood: Busy

"That's Mama LKong to you!"

« Reply #16 on: 06 March, 2009, 08:31:16 pm »

I think that Braddy guy should've made it.
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #17 on: 06 March, 2009, 11:50:18 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot to update this
probably because group 3 was so ****-tastic

but yeah

Top 13 this year

Danny
Michael
Alexis
Adam
Allison
Kris
Jorge
Lil
Scott
Matt
Megan
Jasmine
Anoop

I think that Braddy guy should've made it.

I would have shot myself if I'd had to listen to his Kentucky accent much longer

Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #18 on: 22 March, 2009, 06:11:05 pm »

*Posts*

Based on what I've seen so far... Danny FTW. Seriously, Danny FTW. He needs to win.

But then again... ANOOP DAWG! I don't care if he isn't that consistent, he's Anoop-dawg.
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: 23 March, 2009, 11:41:23 am »

*Posts*

Based on what I've seen so far... Danny FTW. Seriously, Danny FTW. He needs to win.

But then again... ANOOP DAWG! I don't care if he isn't that consistent, he's Anoop-dawg.

I can't stand Danny.  He is self-righteous and an annoying twat.  I also can't stand that he used his dead wife to get ahead of the game with sympathy votes.  Seriously, he's a loser, IMO.

I prefer the more genuine people like Allison or Kris, although, I do enjoy the over-the-top shenanigans of Adam.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #20 on: 23 March, 2009, 12:16:10 pm »

My grandparents nearly had aneurysms when they heard Adam do that version of "Ring of Fire."
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: 25 March, 2009, 02:04:21 pm »

My grandparents nearly had aneurysms when they heard Adam do that version of "Ring of Fire."
I thought it was weird, but I liked it.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #22 on: 25 March, 2009, 02:08:02 pm »

I thought you would say that.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: