Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 02:20:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Just keeping track of what anime I've seen

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just keeping track of what anime I've seen  (Read 9330 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1050 on: 27 March, 2012, 12:37:03 am »

Yeah I know. I'm just far too used to holding up the manga as the authoritative and superior version. As such, I tend to assume that others follow my proclivities.

Meh.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #1051 on: 02 April, 2012, 06:29:42 pm »

Watched Welcome to the NHK. Twas quite funny although at times my patience for the characters grew thin (particularly at the end), and that pyramid scheme arc was booooooooooring.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1052 on: 14 April, 2012, 04:05:40 pm »

Meanwhile, I saw Princess Mononoke, Nisemonogatari, and... Higurashi Kira (god damn completionist in me).

Princess Mononoke was pretty good, fantastic visuals and characters. Well, main character got a bit too goody-good for my tastes at times but besides that. Movie suffered from a common issue I have with anime movies in general, a lot happening without enough time to build things up. Leads into how I found the Miyazaki movies to have an issue of introducing fantastic characters/senerios/scenes and moving on when I wanted more of that one character/senerio/scene.
8/10

Nisemonogatari was pretty similar to the first season (Bakemonogatari), although the ecchi was far more incestuous and thus creepy... that toothbrushing scene... anyway, didn't like the newer characters as much, some scenes dragged on too long without delivering many laughs. Humor overall was solid though.
7/10 

Kira was terrible. Hilariously terrible, but not in a so bad it's good way. More like a "oh god are they really going there, who the eff greenlighted this..." way. I never want to see Rika in a too-small-for-her ecchi outfit washing windows with her buttcheeks ever again.
3/10
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1053 on: 14 April, 2012, 04:21:41 pm »

Miyazaki doesn't have any problems at all with his work if his main problem is that you always want more.

Also...Kira what.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1054 on: 14 April, 2012, 05:05:10 pm »

Miyazaki doesn't have any problems at all with his work if his main problem is that you always want more.

I don't always want more. I want more of stuff that doesn't last as long as the rest.

Also...Kira what.

Exactly.
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #1055 on: 14 April, 2012, 05:51:37 pm »

The tooth brushing was a glorious new feat in fan service not creepy.... And more Shinobu was good....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1056 on: 14 April, 2012, 08:41:31 pm »

The tooth brushing was a glorious new feat in fan service not creepy....

Incredibly creepy.

And more Shinobu was good....

Mayoi > Shinobu
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #1057 on: 15 April, 2012, 04:33:58 pm »

Have you read Kizumonogatari?! Clearly not.... Otherwise you'd not put Mayoi in front of Shinobu or Hanekawa....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #1058 on: 15 April, 2012, 06:39:21 pm »

What happens in that?
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1059 on: 15 April, 2012, 11:51:50 pm »

Have you read

No, I don't read manga, I just watch anime.

Oh, also I started Mushishi. Intriguing. Kinda weird. Volume on vocals is absurdly quiet compared to the background music, to a point where at times I can't hear what people are saying.
« Last Edit: 15 April, 2012, 11:56:46 pm by GameFreak_Jake » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1060 on: 16 April, 2012, 02:19:31 am »

Have you read

Oh, also I started Mushishi. Intriguing. Kinda weird. Volume on vocals is absurdly quiet compared to the background music, to a point where at times I can't hear what people are saying.
Yeah. Mushishi is...beautiful.
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #1061 on: 16 April, 2012, 01:28:11 pm »

Have you read

Light novel not manga....

What happens in that?

Well seeing as I want Jake to read it I'll spoiler it.... After a few pages of decribing one single panty shot Ararararagi gets from Hanekawa he goes to buy **** and on the way back finds Shinobu/Kissshot limbless and dying.... He offers his life for her because Ararararararagi has no friends at this point.... She takes pity on him and makes him a vampire.... He wants to be a human again so Kissshot says if he gets her limbs back from three vampire hunters she'll turn him back.... Oshino helps him do that by setting up fair one on one fights with them.... He gets them all back and it's at this point Shuraragi relises he helped a vampire which means more people will die at her hands.... So he goes to kill her in the end but it turns out that's what she wanted.... And everything makes sense after that.... However Mururagi doesn't want to kill her after this and decides to make it so she's to weak to kill anyone while he's not quite human.... So nobody is quite happy in the end....
« Last Edit: 16 April, 2012, 04:09:40 pm by Hidenori » Report Spam   Logged

~esh
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1062 on: 16 April, 2012, 03:38:02 pm »

Manga, light novel, either way I don't read japanese based materials.

Mushishi's OP is weird. Very weird. Not in the standard anime weird way, but still.
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #1063 on: 16 April, 2012, 03:39:09 pm »

Have you read

Light novel not manga....

What happens in that?

Well seeing as I want Jake to read it I'll spoiler it.... After a few pages of decribing one single panty shot Ararararagi gets from Hanekawa he goes to buy **** and on the way back finds Shinobu/Kissshot limbless and dying.... He offers his life for her because Ararararararagi has no friends at this point.... She takes pity on him and makes him a vampire.... He wants to be a human again so Kissshot says if he gets her limbs back from three vampire hunters she'll turn him back.... Oshino helps him do that by setting up fair one on one fights with them.... He gets them all back and it's at this point Shuraragi relises he helped a vampire which means more people will die at her hands.... So he goes to kill her in the end but it turns out that's what she wanted.... And everything makes sense after that.... However Mururagi doesn't want to kill her after this and decides to make it so she's to weak to kill anyone while he's not quite human.... So nobody is quite happy in the end....
...huh.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #1064 on: 16 April, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

Mushishi's OP is weird. Very weird. Not in the standard anime weird way, but still.

IT'S JUST INDIE FOLK
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: