Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:39:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Just keeping track of what anime I've seen

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just keeping track of what anime I've seen  (Read 8370 times)
TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #1080 on: 08 May, 2012, 08:59:32 pm »

WATCH GIANT ROBO
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #1081 on: 09 May, 2012, 12:25:31 am »

WATCH GIANT ROBO

That's actually on my to watch list. I know you liked it so I'm hesitant to watch it though.

I suggest Natsume Yuujinchou.

Slice of Life? Eh...
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1082 on: 09 May, 2012, 12:44:38 am »

WATCH GIANT ROBO

That's actually on my to watch list. I know you liked it so I'm hesitant to watch it though.

I suggest Natsume Yuujinchou.

Slice of Life? Eh...
It's not what you're thinking.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1083 on: 09 May, 2012, 09:11:40 pm »

Rewatching Bokurano.
Report Spam   Logged

TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1084 on: 09 May, 2012, 10:43:29 pm »

WATCH GIANT ROBO

YEAH, ME AND EVERYONE ELSE. IT'S ONE OF THE MOST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED ANIME EVER. BUT I DOUBT YOU'LL LIKE IT, CONSIDERING YOUR TASTES.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1085 on: 09 May, 2012, 11:57:36 pm »

WATCH GIANT ROBO

YEAH, ME AND EVERYONE ELSE. IT'S ONE OF THE MOST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED ANIME EVER. BUT I DOUBT YOU'LL LIKE IT, CONSIDERING YOUR TASTES.

FLCL was also one of those critically acclaimed anime and I didn't enjoy it much. Also, FMA is one of, if not the most, critically acclaimed anime, and I've see your score for that.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1086 on: 10 May, 2012, 12:05:15 am »

WATCH GIANT ROBO

FLCL was also one of those critically acclaimed anime and I didn't enjoy it much. Also, FMA is one of, if not the most, critically acclaimed anime, and I've see your score for that.
...yeah, well we all agreed that you not enjoying FLCL was more of a function of you not having a...ny taste. That's it.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1087 on: 10 May, 2012, 12:31:10 am »

FLCL didn't make me laugh at all and had some truly annoying characters. Generally a bad thing for a comedy, and I didn't get/relate to the "coming of age" part of it.

Oddly enough Bokurano has some really annoying characters as well but it handles it far better in my opinion. Granted half of that is because it kills off most of them early on, but also because you're suppose to get a variety of people in Bokurano, compared to FLCL's entire main cast being obnoxious.
Report Spam   Logged

TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1088 on: 10 May, 2012, 01:23:35 am »

NOT LIKING FLCL IS FINE. I CAN SEE HOW YOU COULD THINK THE CHARACTERS ARE OBNOXIOUS, OR HOW YOU COULDN'T RELATE TO THE COMING OF AGE THEME (ACTUALLY I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULDN'T RELATE TO THE "I WANT TO BE SEEN AS MATURE DESPITE JUST BEING A KID" THING, BUT IF YOU'RE OLDER I GUESS IT'S JUST IRRELEVANT NOW). BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THAT NAOTA, AT LEAST, IS ONE OF THE MOST MULTIFACETED AND WELL WRITTEN CHARACTERS EVER, AND THAT ALL THE CHARACTERS HAVE A PURPOSE WHEN IT COMES TO THE OVERALL THEME. AND YOU ALSO HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THE THEME WAS COMMUNICATED PERFECTLY BY THE SHOW, IN THAT EVERY FACET OF THE SHOW WAS DEDICATED TO FLESHING IT OUT. BASICALLY, IT'S FINE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU JUST HAVE TO ADMIT IT'S GOOD DESPITE THAT.

AND BASICALLY ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING WILL TELL YOU THAT THE ORIGINAL FMA TURNED TO **** ONCE IT DIVERGED FROM THE MANGA. ONLY PEOPLE WHO LIKE "OH SO DARK AND EDGY SUPER MATURE" AND PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN ANY ANIME THINK THE ORIGINAL IS BETTER THAN BROTHERHOOD. UNFORTUNATELY, IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I'VE SEEN IT TO ACTUALLY DEFEND MY SCORE WITHOUT RESORTING TO INSULTS BECAUSE I DON'T ACTUALLY REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

AND GIANT ROBO ISN'T AS POLARIZING AS FLCL, ANYWAY. NOT LIKING FLCL IS UNDERSTANDABLE. I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE SAY GIANT ROBO IS BAD.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1089 on: 10 May, 2012, 02:20:02 am »

(ACTUALLY I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULDN'T RELATE TO THE "I WANT TO BE SEEN AS MATURE DESPITE JUST BEING A KID" THING, BUT IF YOU'RE OLDER I GUESS IT'S JUST IRRELEVANT NOW)

Growing up I never had an issue with wanting people to see me as mature. I saw myself as a kid and didn't expect people to think of me as otherwise.

BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THAT NAOTA, AT LEAST, IS ONE OF THE MOST MULTIFACETED AND WELL WRITTEN CHARACTERS EVER, AND THAT ALL THE CHARACTERS HAVE A PURPOSE WHEN IT COMES TO THE OVERALL THEME. AND YOU ALSO HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THE THEME WAS COMMUNICATED PERFECTLY BY THE SHOW, IN THAT EVERY FACET OF THE SHOW WAS DEDICATED TO FLESHING IT OUT. BASICALLY, IT'S FINE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU JUST HAVE TO ADMIT IT'S GOOD DESPITE THAT.

He was a decent character, the least annoying of the main cast. Multifaceted and well written? Eh, sure, I don't think he was that spectacular but I've got nothing to argue against it. Having the characters set to the theme and fleshing it out doesn't mean much when you're unimpressed by the theme, so no I don't have to admit it's good. I found it highly over rated and the amount of praise given to its supposed depth is silly to me.

AND BASICALLY ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING WILL TELL YOU THAT THE ORIGINAL FMA TURNED TO **** ONCE IT DIVERGED FROM THE MANGA. ONLY PEOPLE WHO LIKE "OH SO DARK AND EDGY SUPER MATURE" AND PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN ANY ANIME THINK THE ORIGINAL IS BETTER THAN BROTHERHOOD. UNFORTUNATELY, IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I'VE SEEN IT TO ACTUALLY DEFEND MY SCORE WITHOUT RESORTING TO INSULTS BECAUSE I DON'T ACTUALLY REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

FMA wasn't nearly as good near the end but it wasn't that bad. Who brought up Brotherhood? Brotherhood is better, yes, but that doesn't mean the original is terrible, some of the best parts of Brotherhood are in the original anyway, the only thing Brotherhood did far better than the original in my opinion was the ending and the homunculus.
Report Spam   Logged

TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1090 on: 10 May, 2012, 02:38:00 am »

Growing up I never had an issue with wanting people to see me as mature. I saw myself as a kid and didn't expect people to think of me as otherwise.

WELL FROM THE PLETHORA OF "I'M ONLY 13 BUT I LISTEN TO COOL OLD PERSON STUFF LIKE METALLICA AND THE BEATLES INSTEAD OF THAT SUPER DUMB JUSTIN BEIBER CRAP" COMMENTS ON YOUTUBE, I'M GUESSING IT'S A PRETTY WIDELY RELATABLE THEME, BUT EH, IF IT DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU THEN WHATEVER.

He was a decent character, the least annoying of the main cast. Multifaceted and well written? Eh, sure, I don't think he was that spectacular but I've got nothing to argue against it. Having the characters set to the theme and fleshing it out doesn't mean much when you're unimpressed by the theme, so no I don't have to admit it's good. I found it highly over rated and the amount of praise given to its supposed depth is silly to me.

JUST BECAUSE YOU PERSONALLY CAN'T RELATE TO A THEME DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR OPINION OF THE THEME ITSELF IS, IT'S EXCEPTIONALLY WELL EXECUTED. AND A THEME ISN'T SOMETHING THAT CAN BE INNATELY GOOD OR BAD ANYWAY. LITERALLY ANY THEME CAN BE DONE WELL, AND SHOULD BE JUDGED BASED ON ITS EXECUTION.

AND I DON'T REALLY THINK SOMETHING CAN BE CALLED OVERRATED BASED ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE. JUST IMAGINE IF SOMEONE CALLED MONSTER OVERRATED BECAUSE HE HATES DOCTORS, OR IF SOMEONE CALLED COWBOY BEBOP OVERRATED BECAUSE HE HATES JAZZ. IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Mood: Grateful

Rotom!

« Reply #1091 on: 10 May, 2012, 03:25:58 am »

Its best to avoid arguing about anime with Bizzle...

His nerdiness outshines the sun itself.

Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #1092 on: 10 May, 2012, 03:57:39 am »

Well at least you liked the OST of FLCL.... I mean it's the pillows after all....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: