Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 09:24:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Just keeping track of what anime I've seen

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just keeping track of what anime I've seen  (Read 8316 times)
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #120 on: 25 March, 2009, 09:24:25 pm »

... voice actress in episode 21 sucked. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #121 on: 25 March, 2009, 09:36:36 pm »

<_<
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #122 on: 25 March, 2009, 09:37:36 pm »

<_<

You know she did. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #123 on: 25 March, 2009, 09:40:07 pm »

Just staring back at you.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #124 on: 25 March, 2009, 10:02:54 pm »

Mhm.

Also, 23 was really good.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #125 on: 26 March, 2009, 12:12:54 am »

Well, I'm done with Cowboy Bebop. I put it in the middle of my list, definitely good but over rated. 8/10

Gonna move on to Death Note. That one used to be talked about all the time.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #126 on: 26 March, 2009, 08:51:07 am »

lol death note

With that arrangement, don't tell me that you thought Elfen Lied was better than Cowboy Bebop.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #127 on: 26 March, 2009, 11:29:57 am »

lol death note

With that arrangement, don't tell me that you thought Elfen Lied was better than Cowboy Bebop.
All of this.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #128 on: 26 March, 2009, 02:54:13 pm »

I'll agree that TTGL>Cowboy Bebop, but I've never seen Elfen Lied. And I personally think it's at least a 9/10 show.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #129 on: 26 March, 2009, 02:57:47 pm »

Elfen Lied could have made a respectable anime/manga if they substituted out all of the nudity and gore to fill in the rest of the story. The anime notably has a ton of plot-holes, and has a rush-job of an ending that ended up producing more plotholes.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #130 on: 26 March, 2009, 04:47:38 pm »

lol death note

All of this.
I'll agree that TTGL>Cowboy Bebop, but I've never seen Elfen Lied. And I personally think it's at least a 9/10 show.

Like I said, over rated anime. I still enjoyed it, I just didn't find it as enjoyable as most people. Also I'm not a person to give out 10s, so my ratings kinda mean more than an average rater.

Elfen Lied could have made a respectable anime/manga if they substituted out all of the nudity and gore to fill in the rest of the story. The anime notably has a ton of plot-holes, and has a rush-job of an ending that ended up producing more plotholes.

It's definitely not perfect, the ending in particular. While the nudity and blood/gore is over the top, I was never really annoyed by it. The nudity was never sexual, just plain nudity. Surprisingly, I find ecchi very annoying. So, I guess I prefer entertainment over a complex storyline in my anime. Eh.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #131 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:02:18 pm »

The nudity was gratuitous, however. There is no existing justification for it, except maybe in the case of Nana and other generic dicloni in that it showed their horrid living conditions. Still could have been averted, though.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #132 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:05:57 pm »

The nudity was gratuitous, however. There is no existing justification for it, except maybe in the case of Nana and other generic dicloni in that it showed their horrid living conditions. Still could have been averted, though.

I did agree it was over the top. It still didn't bother me though.

Also, done with first episode of Death Note. Looks interesting, although I'm iffy about Light's character and Ryuk looks stupid.
« Last Edit: 26 March, 2009, 05:35:11 pm by GameFreak_Jake » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #133 on: 26 March, 2009, 07:19:32 pm »

You will either hate Light or like him. Personally, I despised him with a passion.

There's two sides in the show your opinion will follow, Light or L. IMO, L was pretty much the antithesis to Light in that L is one of my favorite anime characters.

And Ryuk is cool, although his purpose is just to tell Light how the Death Note works and how shinigami live and do stuff and blah blah blah. I don't remember him doing anything else big in the show.

Anyways, it's a great show. Have fun. And as a word of warning (and this is really just my opinion >_>), the first 25 episodes are awesome, but the last 12 aren't particularly as good. They're great, but just not as epic as the first 25.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #134 on: 26 March, 2009, 07:45:47 pm »

You will either hate Light or like him. Personally, I despised him with a passion.

There's two sides in the show your opinion will follow, Light or L. IMO, L was pretty much the antithesis to Light in that L is one of my favorite anime characters.

And Ryuk is cool, although his purpose is just to tell Light how the Death Note works and how shinigami live and do stuff and blah blah blah. I don't remember him doing anything else big in the show.

Anyways, it's a great show. Have fun. And as a word of warning (and this is really just my opinion >_>), the first 25 episodes are awesome, but the last 12 aren't particularly as good. They're great, but just not as epic as the first 25.

I'm up to 6 episodes, and I'm still on the fence about Light. I do like L though, although he looks meh. Ryuk is cool, yeah, it's just his look I hate.

Oddly, I haven't decided who my "opinion" is for, Light or L. I'm kinda in between.

Edit: OH LAWLZ IT'S THE POTATO CHIP SCENE
« Last Edit: 26 March, 2009, 08:38:44 pm by GameFreak_Jake » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: