Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 11:43:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Just keeping track of what anime I've seen

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just keeping track of what anime I've seen  (Read 8340 times)
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #795 on: 21 November, 2009, 12:25:51 am »

That's what I meant.

Ah, I misread what you said.

Also: Kuwabara's sister is a moron. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #796 on: 21 November, 2009, 12:41:04 am »

Isn't she drunk 100% of the time?
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #797 on: 21 November, 2009, 12:46:45 am »

Isn't she drunk 100% of the time?

I think that's the aussie guy. Kuwabara's sister is always smoking. I called her a moron cause she actually cried that the guy Toguro was working for killed himself with his bomb. This being after she heard both of his speeches about loving to torture things and wanting to unleash demons in the human world. All cause he helped her once or twice.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #798 on: 21 November, 2009, 12:50:04 am »

I'm referring to her, though. I'm pretty sure she's an alcoholic as well, though I could be thinking of Yusuke's mother who looks a lot like her if I recall correctly. >_>

Also, it's probably because based on what we see, Sakyo isn't nearly as monstrous as his background and goal would imply.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #799 on: 21 November, 2009, 12:53:23 am »

I'm referring to her, though. I'm pretty sure she's an alcoholic as well, though I could be thinking of Yusuke's mother who looks a lot like her if I recall correctly. >_>

Also, it's probably because based on what we see, Sakyo isn't nearly as monstrous as his background and goal would imply.
I actually thought it was Yusuke's mother who went with them for a while before they actually said it was Kuwabara's sister. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #800 on: 21 November, 2009, 12:55:42 am »

I actually thought it was Yusuke's mother who went with them for a while before they actually said it was Kuwabara's sister. >_>

Good job UF.
And that may be Maniac. I still think she's a bit of a moron for it though.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #801 on: 21 November, 2009, 01:13:29 am »

GOD DAMNIT EPISODE 66

Episode 72 - I swear, the evil BGM annoys me. It sounds like someone saying "You-car-ee". Really bothers me for some reason.
« Last Edit: 22 November, 2009, 03:44:50 am by GameFreak_Jake » Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #802 on: 26 November, 2009, 09:25:23 pm »

Ok, does anybody know where I can watch episodes 81 and up that ISN'T Megaupload?
The quality is absolute **** and it's ruining it.

Nevermind, I'll just use youtube...
« Last Edit: 26 November, 2009, 09:48:57 pm by GameFreak_Jake » Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #803 on: 01 December, 2009, 01:06:10 am »

Episode 97

"Kuroko? How long have you been standing here?"

Me: Why is that line in every show ever made? They always give the same answer too, "Long enough."

"..."

Me: Oh hey, silence. Maybe they won't say it aft-

"Long enough."

Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #804 on: 01 December, 2009, 01:09:46 am »

Hmm? I thought the answer was always: "Oh, I just got here." Even if they've been there for hours...

Then again, the context I always see it in is different >_>
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #805 on: 01 December, 2009, 01:17:03 am »

Hmm? I thought the answer was always: "Oh, I just got here." Even if they've been there for hours...

Then again, the context I always see it in is different >_>

That's if they're trying to hide the fact they're there. Like, if they get caught. Which I don't actually see that often, I mostly see it in the above context.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #806 on: 05 December, 2009, 05:23:03 am »

And done with Yu Yu Hakusho.

Overall, really good. I debated a bit over whether it was an 8 or a 9, but decided on 9/10. It was really enjoyable, despite a few annoyances. As far as the arcs go, I'd rank them Dark Tournament (26-66), Spirit Detective (1-25), Three Kings (95-112), and lastly Chapter Black (67-94). Of the arcs, the first three are close but Chapter Black wasn't nearly as good as those, it's probably the sole reason I almost gave the series an 8. I wished Three Kings had lasted longer, it had a good premise but it felt rushed through, whereas Chapter Black felt like it dragged on.

Characters... I'll say Hiei > Kurama > Yusuke Urameshi > Genkai > Keiko > Ogre > Botan > Kuwabara > Koenma. All had their ups and downs (Botan seemed to fall victim to this the most, THE GOD DAMN CAT FACE WASN'T FUNNY NOR CUTE), but most were solid. Koenma was always an annoyance though. As for character deaths: They pulled death cards WAY too often in this. Yusuke's first death made sense, it set up the story. His second death was BS, him being half demon should have come into play without pretending to kill him off. Genkai's death was also BS, perhaps the biggest since they show her in spirit world, then bring her back to life for no reason. Plus there were plenty of fake deaths, Kuwabara's, countless minor enemies, etc.

The action and fights were good, although a few fights were pretty stupid because of one of the fighters ether being lame or having lame attacks. Humor was well put and rarely failed to get a small smile out of me. Story was good, although a bit out there at times and underplayed at other moments.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #807 on: 05 December, 2009, 12:08:19 pm »

Characters... I'll say Hiei > Kurama > Yusuke Urameshi > Genkai > Keiko > Ogre > Botan > Kuwabara > Koenma. All had their ups and downs (Botan seemed to fall victim to this the most, THE GOD DAMN CAT FACE WASN'T FUNNY NOR CUTE), but most were solid. Koenma was always an annoyance though. As for character deaths: They pulled death cards WAY too often in this. Yusuke's first death made sense, it set up the story. His second death was BS, him being half demon should have come into play without pretending to kill him off. Genkai's death was also BS, perhaps the biggest since they show her in spirit world, then bring her back to life for no reason. Plus there were plenty of fake deaths, Kuwabara's, countless minor enemies, etc.
Genkai was alive because they wished her back to life. They won the Dark Tournament, so they got one wish.

And Chapter Black was the best in my opinion.
« Last Edit: 05 December, 2009, 08:18:18 pm by Hei » Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #808 on: 05 December, 2009, 06:36:58 pm »

It was still a cheap way out, since the committee were all killed, thus I think it was Koenma pulling a few strings to make it happen.

And boo. Sensui was a disappointment for me and the territory powers were too gimmicky and underplayed for me.
« Last Edit: 05 December, 2009, 09:28:09 pm by GameFreak_Jake » Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #809 on: 05 December, 2009, 08:03:41 pm »

I highly disagree with most of what you said. But I saw this-

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=2000121&topic=52534652

Earlier today, so I'll ignore it I guess.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: