Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 10:14:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Just keeping track of what anime I've seen

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just keeping track of what anime I've seen  (Read 8318 times)
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #1020 on: 29 March, 2010, 03:05:31 am »

Done.

Alright, the positives first. I really liked the concept, the whole elements being used to fight monsters in an alternate Earth, etc. Great animation, very well done and colorful. Some art choices are odd and iffy (the hell is with the girl's eyelashes/eyeshadow? And why were the vehicles they get so lame looking?) but most of the monster designs were cool. Action was decent, not really great but not bad. Music was surprising good, excellent really, except they remix the OP song for every scene that needs dramatic BGM so it starts getting old.

Negatives...

The god damn **** characters. I had a hard time tolerating these morons. Ren is the typical stupid energetic kid you want to punch in the face, Chiara needs slapped, maybe that'd knock some **** out of her, Homi needs to grow some **** balls (sometimes literally, I thought he was a girl at first >_>), Juno is drenched with "loli freaks, please adore me even though I have an annoying as hell voice and I force trying to be cute!", Rodney is a prick, Tom is an ****, and Hanna is the worst of the bunch, somehow combining preppy spoiled girl with angsty emo drama.
Also, it's clearly geared for a young audience. Stupid lines, humor you'd be embarrassed to laugh at, etc. Plot started off alright but by the end it gets to the point as if it went through Star Trek logic to try and explain things and make excuses as to why things will work certain ways. Ending was pretty stupid as well. (Let's just say they go to "the 11th dimension" >_>)

But as much as I hated the characters, it did have some enjoyable action scenes, and it starts off alright. There were even some enjoyable characters, granted they were minor and not great or anything like that. There was clearly a lot of work put into it. Kinda between 5 and 6, but I guess it barely squeaks out a 6/10.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1021 on: 06 May, 2010, 10:31:42 pm »

Month long hiatus finally broken. Combination of nothing I wanted to watch/little time half broken by FMA:B being almost done. Still have little time but oh well.

So yeah, starting up FMA:B. Will be watching dub since I saw FMA's dub.

Oh yeah, OP has great visuals but not liking the song. Meh. First episode was pretty good, action scenes were excellent but Ed still has his annoying "I hate being called short" running gag and Ed Al sounds less like a little boy and more like a little girl.
« Last Edit: 07 May, 2010, 12:33:11 am by GameFreak_Jake » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1022 on: 06 May, 2010, 11:08:45 pm »

Month long hiatus finally broken. Combination of nothing I wanted to watch/little time half broken by FMA:B being almost done. Still have little time but oh well.

Oh yeah, OP has great visuals but not liking the song. Meh. First episode was pretty good, action scenes were excellent but Ed still has his annoying "I hate being called short" running gag and Ed sounds less like a little boy and more like a little girl.
The dub isn't anywhere close to finishing, just so you know. First opener is probably the first best. That gag is not nearly as prevalent in this version. And I'm assuming you mean Al, because Vic Mignogna is a beast.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1023 on: 06 May, 2010, 11:21:35 pm »

The "I'm short RAGE" gag wasn't as prevalent from what I remember, even in the manga.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1024 on: 06 May, 2010, 11:57:29 pm »

Oh yeah, OP has great visuals but not liking the song. Meh. First episode was pretty good, action scenes were excellent but Ed still has his annoying "I hate being called short" running gag and Ed sounds less like a little boy and more like a little girl.
The dub isn't anywhere close to finishing, just so you know. First opener is probably the first best. That gag is not nearly as prevalent in this version. And I'm assuming you mean Al, because Vic Mignogna is a beast.

Damnit, I'm constantly getting their names mixed up. Obviously meant Al, Ed's voice is pretty damn good.
Also damnit, I was so thrown off by the fact the dub's airing before the sub's finished that I forgot it'd take longer. I'll have to switch to sub when I get to that point.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1025 on: 07 May, 2010, 12:34:52 am »

My memory might be hazy, but this seems to be whizzing by really fast. Was FMA this fast as well? I could have sworn they spent more than one episode for each subplot...
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor

« Reply #1026 on: 07 May, 2010, 01:43:02 am »

They do skip some parts in favour of getting to the new content faster. The whole mining town dealio is completely ignored in Brotherhood until it comes back later in a still less-than-necessary flashback, for example.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1027 on: 07 May, 2010, 01:44:30 am »

But when Durarara finishes, you should watch it. It's better than Baccano.

Also, two month old opinion is two months old and still incorrect.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1028 on: 07 May, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »

Oh right, forgot about that show.
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #1029 on: 07 May, 2010, 03:41:46 pm »

But when Durarara finishes, you should watch it. It's better than Baccano.

Also, two month old opinion is two months old and still incorrect.

Right now it's only on par with Baccano.... But still awesome!
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1030 on: 07 May, 2010, 03:46:57 pm »

I don't like the current arc as much as the previous one.

Still a good arc though, but Baccano was top notch start to finish in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #1031 on: 07 May, 2010, 04:23:18 pm »

Still a good arc though, but Baccano was top notch start to finish in my opinion.
Well I didn't care so much for Eve's stuff but the rest made me forget about it.... And then Eve's story got interesting at the climax when the Gandors showed up....

Anyway the current arc is over and the story is now on Izaya's gang war between The Dollars, The Yellow Scarfs and the Slashers which should stimulate Celty's head or something.... I wonder what will happen when the three friends find out that each out them are the leaders of their rival gangs.... Plus there's the cops too which is lead by that **** guy.... Looks set to get awesome in the next few episodes.... Right after we find out about Kida's past with the Yellow scarfs....

Plus you gotta love Izaya and Shizou-chan....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1032 on: 11 May, 2010, 04:35:47 pm »

Episode ten.

GOD DAMNIT
;_;
Report Spam   Logged

Rai
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1033 on: 11 May, 2010, 04:50:51 pm »

Well I didn't care so much for Eve's stuff but the rest made me forget about it.... And then Eve's story got interesting at the climax when the Gandors showed up....

Anyway the current arc is over and the story is now on Izaya's gang war between The Dollars, The Yellow Scarfs and the Slashers which should stimulate Celty's head or something.... I wonder what will happen when the three friends find out that each out them are the leaders of their rival gangs.... Plus there's the cops too which is lead by that **** guy.... Looks set to get awesome in the next few episodes.... Right after we find out about Kida's past with the Yellow scarfs....

Plus you gotta love Izaya and Shizou-chan....

I liked the last episode of the Saika arc, made me appreciate the whole thing a bit more, but yeah, I think it'll be ramping up now.

And can I ask why you pretty much gave everything about Durarara so far away in an unrelated topic...
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1034 on: 11 May, 2010, 05:01:29 pm »

Episode ten.

GOD DAMNIT
;_;
;_;
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: