Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 02:35:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 [142] 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 29900 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #2115 on: 25 October, 2018, 11:49:14 pm »

tuned in just in time to see toguro get pwned. actually bought a cheap, used dvd single (remember those) that had most of that fight forever ago that's prolly somewhere here (before it was televised, which was kinda weird), so even though I didn't get to see most of this fight, it's still prolly the one part of the show i remember the most clearly.

the dark tournament i guess does what this show does best, which is put the party into a situation that gives each of them enough spotlight and allows them to bicker and interact with each other. genkai is fit pretty damn seamlessly into the team and in general is a wonderful character, and toguro is still a pretty cool villain. it also carries the same general flaws where the fights aren't really all that good. still kinda enjoyed seeing it again. the localization for this show still holds up, although a lot of B/C-list characters still have some dubious voice acting

after the next 4-5 episodes that we'll see last week, I'll have seen every last bit of YYH that I ever watched as a kid, so i'm kinda excited to see some new stuff and also kinda not because YYH isn't actually that good/i'm mostly going through this for nostalgia's sake
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 [142] 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: