Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 06:54:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 31163 times)
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #1245 on: 09 May, 2011, 04:45:46 pm »

Well that goes without saying.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Maniac234678
« Reply #1246 on: 10 May, 2011, 02:17:12 pm »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/buried-treasure/2008-10-02/buried-garbage-m.d-geist
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1247 on: 11 May, 2011, 10:34:02 pm »

Berserk 320 (336 - I am not going to forget how much effort was put into reading those long-ass introductory chapters, I mean, a 115-page chapter? That's more than 6 times the size of this one.):

I heard that it took 5-6 months for 319 to be released, so given that the release of this chapter is consistent, I guess that this marks the end of Berserk's hiatus. For however long that lasts, at least. Oh yeah, and Captain Adonrider has been given a glimmer of hope. Obviously, it's not going to last because he's Adonrider.
« Last Edit: 11 May, 2011, 10:36:06 pm by Erika Furudo » Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1248 on: 15 May, 2011, 01:26:05 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SurprisinglyImprovedSequel

MDGeist was a mediocre OVA from the eighties given popularity in North America due to a widespread advertisement campaign by those who licensed it. This popularity managed to sway the director of the OVA to make a sequel after ten years; those ten years of experience are very evident.

Just who is this person who keeps saying that Death Force is better than the first OVA? The consensus is that Death Force actually managed to be worse than the previous OVA for a whole bunch of reasons. MD Geist was a below-mediocre piece of crap, but it was so mindless that if you were to unplug your brain and stop evaluating the quality, you could derive some pleasure from watching it. It was basically just a chimeric cross of "cool" concepts, creating something that was, albeit reminiscent of Fist of the North Star's down's syndrome-afflicted cousin, somewhat capable of showing the qualities of the fragments used to compile it. But most of all, all of those fragments created something that feeds snarkers; it is incredibly easy to like just because it's so completely and utterly stupid. Death Force actually tries to form a canon, takes itself incredibly seriously and meanders along with its piss-poor story. It essentially tried to be more intelligent as a concept, but the team that made it clearly had no clue how to even do that, so it ends up being equally as idiotic and devoid of what little charm came from MD Geist's brainless plot.

Oh hey, I wrote a dissertation on terrible OVAs, hahahahahawhoops
« Last Edit: 15 May, 2011, 01:28:37 pm by Erika Furudo » Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1249 on: 15 May, 2011, 01:52:52 pm »

Having actually checked out what MD Geist even is now, it looks pretty much like almost any other overly gratuitous late 80's-early 90's OVA that were so common at the time. Before looking it up I assumed it was about a ghost doctor or something.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1250 on: 15 May, 2011, 05:28:57 pm »

That would automatically make it a hell of a lot more unique. It really is just a generic piece of ****; I assumed that you checked the above link and read up on its history in North America?
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1251 on: 15 May, 2011, 05:41:31 pm »

Yeah. I don't really know why you would want that to be the face of you company, but I guess you could do worse.

Hey, those guys also released Zeorymer and Iczer amongst other exceptionally shitty 80's OVAs.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1252 on: 15 May, 2011, 10:19:46 pm »

So. New Berserk.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #1253 on: 16 May, 2011, 12:53:40 am »

What, already?

Berserk 321:

So THAT'S why Adonrider and his crew never had a shot below their waist! Speaking of that nickname, it's becoming more appropriate; Adon was a scaled down villain for Casca to dominate, and it looks like Monster!Sharkrider is the same thing for Isidro. That said, Isidro taking on a villain is so much more awesome than Casca fighting some retard.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1254 on: 16 May, 2011, 01:39:50 pm »

What, already?

Berserk 321:

So THAT'S why Adonrider and his crew never had a shot below their waist! Speaking of that nickname, it's becoming more appropriate; Adon was a scaled down villain for Casca to dominate, and it looks like Monster!Sharkrider is the same thing for Isidro. That said, Isidro taking on a villain is so much more awesome than Casca fighting some retard.
Gotta agree with you there.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #1255 on: 19 May, 2011, 04:09:38 pm »

Searching for something to watch. I want to find a DD source for Digimon Adventure 02, but I haven't yet. However, I found a source for Kashimashi, and the concept of wasting my time on that amuses me.

Also found Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, which vaguely sounds like an amusing waste of time once I have more time on my hands.

EDIT: Hahahaha, I found Mushrambo in this mess. That might be nostalgic; yay, subs for bad anime that I watched when I was too young and stupid to care. >_>

Queen's Blade and Rizelmine are also here. Jesus Christ, why is there so much bad anime on this site?

EDIT: Oh, and to top it off, Happiness! is also here. 3 years later, I have yet to finish that, even though I only have 4 episodes left. I'll do that now so that I can bury this garbage for the rest of all eternity.
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2011, 04:23:34 pm by Lio Shirazumi » Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1256 on: 19 May, 2011, 09:02:22 pm »

It takes only episode to remind me of how Ibuki is simply one of the worst characters in all of existence. Happiness! was pretty fucking mediocre until she appeared, and now it's awful. I mean, I planned on making a contest for the worst character in all of anime just so that I could run Ibuki all the way through it. Jesus fucking Christ, just... shut up and fucking die, you cunt.

EDIT: The seiyuu for Ibuki played a character from an eroge adaptation called ****! ****! ****!. Ok, that made my night.

EDIT: "Stop trying to kill each other!" *produces a powerful magical explosion that looks pretty damn lethal*

EDIT: *Almost kills little sister* "This is just as bad as that time I tore up the paaaaaaarrrk!"

EDIT: Ibuki's older sister(?) was actually pretty reasonable. Ibuki is pretty resolute in obtaining the item that her older sister gave her life to seal. Just... wow. You really are a terrible character.

EDIT: Jun is watching after Yuuma. OTP

EDIT: "Me and my sister made a promise that once I become the family head, I'll get the family treasure! Oh, and then she died in order to seal it when everybody learned that it's incredibly dangerous. But hey, the seal has a tear, let's go get it!"

EDIT: Saya has gone from 'vaguely reasonable, yet spineless' to 'as staggeringly retarded as her older brother' at the drop of a hat.

EDIT: Ibuki uses the treasure to revive her older sister, who, once again, sacrificed herself to seal the treasure. Naturally, she summons the demons that said older sister died to seal. She is genuinely surprised that this happened. I think that I might have just found a character who is worse than Shion Uzuki. I'd be astounded if it wasn't so retarded.

EDIT: Our harem lead is the chosen one. What are the odds?
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2011, 10:41:53 pm by Lio Shirazumi » Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1257 on: 19 May, 2011, 11:10:37 pm »

Happiness has finally been finished.

Here's some history on my experience with Happiness! that I've never mentioned: I think it was originally subbed rather quickly after its release in 2006, but only the first five or six episodes had been completed. I first watched this in 2008; this was the first anime I had watched with an internet connection was not dial-up (dial-up caused me to wait 4 hours to watch anything, which usually elapsed while I was at school or asleep; my dial-up ISP cut the connection after exactly four hours, so if I was watching a full video, I would actually always miss the last 3-4 minutes), so I had a very positive first impression because I was so excited about the idea of watching something in real time. I noticed that I could not find the last six episodes of Happiness, so I stopped caring about it after a while. Later in the year, I read that the last episodes had finally been subbed, and that they were fucking terrible. The source went on to make a caustic statement that there was a good reason why the second half of this was never subbed.

It was completely and utterly correct.

EDIT: Fortunately, Happiness saves the best for last, and the best would be the one-off OVA. It pretty much is consistently amusing for one major reason: Jun Watarase. Even if it's an OVA, it's easily the zenith of quality for the series and in general is pretty decent. While I'm at it, Happiness was knee-deep in mediocrity when it started, which is much more preferable to how it ended; suffice to say, it did have some good characters outside of the blindingly obvious choice of Jun. Koyuki deserves special mention; she's a genuinely fun character who just doesn't succeed at drowning out the fail of every other pointless character. Hachi is a pretty generic character in the mold of the protagonist's best friend, but he serves a complimentary role for other characters and his interactions with Jun and Saya's brother are fairly entertaining.

In the end, though, just about nobody beats out Jun; he's not interesting in the least, but he's a whole lot of fun and pretty much the best source of humor in the series, as this OVA would attest. I guess that this is a happy note to end my long and very unpleasant history with this terrible anime that gave me bad memories of Cosprayers; it does sort of put a smile to my face that this horrible story could end with a fun and above-average OVA right before it is buried forever.
« Last Edit: 20 May, 2011, 12:35:18 am by Lio Shirazumi » Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1258 on: 21 May, 2011, 01:28:51 am »

Wait, Maniac liked something? Something that wasn't a loli or obscure heavy metal?

Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #1259 on: 21 May, 2011, 10:45:15 am »

Oh yeah, because I hated Berserk with a passion.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: