Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 06:35:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 29983 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1665 on: 11 May, 2016, 05:45:44 pm »

the best kind of boys
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1666 on: 11 May, 2016, 08:12:53 pm »

If they had lolis too it would be mananac's dream game.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1667 on: 11 May, 2016, 08:29:08 pm »

someone hasn't been paying attention over the last year
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1668 on: 11 May, 2016, 09:17:39 pm »

Someone's being facetious.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1669 on: 14 May, 2016, 03:25:35 pm »

what do you mean watching the entirety of duelist kingdom wasn't a giant waste of my time

well, it was either that or owari no seraph. or, as of now, sword art online because i like wasting my free time I guess

like, even with nostalgia going for it, that yu-gi-oh anime is baaaad. honestly, for as much as we (rightfully) make fun of the dub, the extreme corniness of it is all that show has going for it. like, I guess duelist kingdom is probably the worst part of the show and if I were to watch more of it, it'd prolly become at least marginally better eventually. but man, battle city doesn't even start for another 20 episodes...

also did little kuriboh ever make a joke about how often yugi plays celtic guardian in attack mode on his very first turn, despite being hilariously weak and having a propensity towards getting killed immediately and taking a third or so of yugi's life points off right then and there? i especially like it when the cheerleading squad goes "oh man, they killed his celtic guardian, what a brilliant play! SadSadSad"
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1670 on: 14 May, 2016, 05:07:37 pm »

Pretty sure LK only did the whole

"I summon the Frustrated Celtic Guardian in Attack Mode"
"I am so frustrated."

gag like three times.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1671 on: 14 May, 2016, 05:23:33 pm »

i thought he made the "pretty elf warrior guy making deer noises" joke, since that is pretty god damn distracting

EDIT: also apparently pegasus was only like, 24. he's a year older than me. what have i done with my life
« Last Edit: 14 May, 2016, 07:14:45 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1672 on: 14 May, 2016, 08:47:44 pm »

i thought he made the "pretty elf warrior guy making deer noises" joke, since that is pretty god damn distracting

EDIT: also apparently pegasus was only like, 24. he's a year older than me. what have i done with my life
not ancient egyptian laser beams
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1673 on: 14 May, 2016, 09:01:37 pm »

well he lost that one so i guess he didn't do that either
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1674 on: 15 May, 2016, 02:03:53 pm »

owari no seraph takes place in the vampire/monster-filled postapocalypse. but even then, they managed to fit a modern day japanese high school setting into it anyway

this show is gonna be worse than i thought. man, i'm only here to swoon over the worst person ever born

my horrifically evil vampire boyfriend can't be this cute!
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1675 on: 16 May, 2016, 12:30:35 am »

owari no seraph takes place in the vampire/monster-filled postapocalypse. but even then, they managed to fit a modern day japanese high school setting into it anyway

this show is gonna be worse than i thought. man, i'm only here to swoon over the worst person ever born

my horrifically evil vampire boyfriend can't be this cute!

dont forget the shounen military that only exists to job where the protagonist doesnt
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1676 on: 16 May, 2016, 07:56:56 am »

i think my favorite part of this show is how one character runs into the hero after he escapes from his vampire-controlled ghetto (we can't stop here! this is bat country!) and goes "YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE". and then like, the next time we see him, he just acts like a petty dick to the hero and that becomes the defining bit of their relationship where neither of them can stand each other

also they had to add a tsundere to the party. man, we have a dude who covers that base already, i don't need some twintailed douchenozzle doing the exact same thing as he does, but without four episodes of lead-in to who he is
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1677 on: 16 May, 2016, 12:59:38 pm »

Finished the first season of Owari no Seraph.

Was playing on my 3DS on the side, so that might have helped me sit through it. Well, I guess that implies too negative of an appraisal -- it's not bad, I guess, but it's not much of anything (aside from being a fujoshi's wet dream). It took the slow route to establishing its scenario, so little of any substance actually occurred throughout the season. It was never offensively bad and sitting through it wasn't really agonizing (dunno if that would have been any different if I wasn't playing games), but it never actually put all of its cards on the table. From all accounts, the second season has more meat (although it's not the actual conclusion since the manga is unfinished), so I guess I'll see if that stands up. With anime especially, it's not uncommon for the smaller scale exposition bits of the story to be better than the rising action simply because a show was unable to live up to its potential (and it's a much harder to actually play a story out than it is to set one up, and honestly, it's less fun too), and I dunno if I can vouch for this one.

Addendum: Sometimes the screencaps I take and their names are a pretty good indicator of what I'm paying attention to with the shows I watch. Usually in series starting from 0. Here's some choice screencap series:

"don't worry, they're not blood related!" (8)
"my vampire boyfriend can't be this horrible!" (12)
"vampires are sexy" (18 -- all of these pictures are of men, of course)

also about 20 pictures each of both ferid (not including everything in the vampire boyfriend chain) and mikaela. that about sums this show up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

got a plan to watch four 12-episode anime this week. owari no seraph season 1 was the first. season 2 will wait for a bit, though -- the remaining three are ben-to, cute high earth defense club love and dai-shogun, in that order. ben-to and earth defense club love are both pretty solid from what i've seen of each, and dai-shogun is legendarily awful, so the remainder of this schedule should be pretty interesting.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1678 on: 16 May, 2016, 01:55:01 pm »

and dai-shogun
y u do dis to urself
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1679 on: 16 May, 2016, 02:01:10 pm »

well, since it's just a bunch of still frames with lip movement, i don't really have to look up from my 3DS when I'm watching it!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: