Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 09:34:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 31245 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1905 on: 10 February, 2017, 11:06:21 pm »

why is the one punch man manga the slowest, most self-indulgent fucking thing ever

I mean, there's existing source material that is far beyond it. Like, the way the original webcomic is paced and written was actually quite rough and it could stand to be smoothed over with some extra material, but adding this tournament arc that has been going on for a full year and has zero relevance to the events that are about to happen and a grand total of no characters who will probably ever appear again after it's over isn't the way to do that. I literally put the manga down shortly after catching up with it back when the anime was still airing and it has gone nowhere. Honestly, it's amazing how hard this thing is dropping the ball.

anyway watched up to episode 3 on all the stuff I'm watching for anime club. also now watching tanya the evil on my own. kiznaiver is kind of a cute show so far but from everything I've ever heard of it, it's gonna start getting messy soon. regardless, it's probably the most interesting of those five anime club shows thus far, the rest of which are varying degrees of competent and okay-ish.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1906 on: 11 February, 2017, 01:31:45 am »

basically the tournament is filler for the anime that sets up for some stuff the new version is also throwing in (like the big monster cell monster king dude)

but mostly Murata's schedule and chapter lengths are just all over the **** place
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1907 on: 11 February, 2017, 10:19:44 am »

like, that's why I didn't really slag on the monster association attack -- for as boring as it is, it at least establishes a better justification for the protracted attack on their base (as opposed to the webcomic basically just going "solid snake! monsters live in Z-Town! go investigate!") and the new characters and details they're adding to the Monster Association (all of which is a bad idea, by the way -- anything that distracts the narrative from Garou is weakening the story, simple as that). But like, the tournament isn't really a vector for any of that, it's not actually progressing anything. I think the only payout from all this is testing the monster cells in this latest chapter, which they probably could have done without 6 chapters of tedious build-up.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1908 on: 11 February, 2017, 01:09:38 pm »

Like, I agree, but we both have realized that half of everything Murata does at this point is a vehicle for his crazy-ass character designs.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1909 on: 17 February, 2017, 03:09:35 pm »

i know way too many people in real life who are disproportionately down on yuri on ice for being a megapopular yaoi series far more popular than their favorite yuri anime and it bothers the living hell out of me

i mean, can you guess the only show that is about two men in love with each other in this list? i think yuri on ice might actually be the first anime of its kind that doesn't suck or pull back at the last minute and say "no, all the guys are actually straight, they're just bros." the alternative is one of either (or some combination thereof) an adaptation of some sickfuck Nitro+ rape fantasy BL game like Togainu no Chi or some really milquetoast, extremely low quality budget tv show that's mostly just fetishizing it. i'm not even enjoying the show all that much, but I wish these guys would friggin' cool it, considering that I have to remind one guy about all this like, every week or so.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1910 on: 21 March, 2017, 12:18:29 pm »

reminder that, at the ripe old age of 24, I'm still older than 85% of anime fandom
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1911 on: 21 March, 2017, 12:57:18 pm »

I don't know what my starter anime would be, but it wasn't Death Note. Didn't watch that until I was like a sophomore in college, I think. Maybe a freshman.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1912 on: 21 March, 2017, 01:41:10 pm »

i have no idea what mine was. i think i actually credit video games for getting me into weeb stuff, specifically the PS2 generation of jrpgs that fully converged with what was becoming the "modern anime" in terms of influences and characteristics. i think the .hack// games of all things drove me to integrate myself into the larger anime fandom more than actual anime did.

whatever the closest thing to my "starter anime" is, it sure as hell isn't death note lol. haven't seen a single episode of that to date.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1913 on: 21 March, 2017, 02:10:24 pm »

I'm actually fairly sure I got started with tapes of Tenchi Muyo and Rurouni Kenshin.

And of course whatever was showing on Toonami and Adult Swim that I managed to catch glimpses of.

.hack was my jam, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1914 on: 21 March, 2017, 04:35:06 pm »

yeah, I mean Gundam Wing would have been the first anime to really hook me, but I don't know what actually got me thinking about anime as anime
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1915 on: 21 March, 2017, 05:56:48 pm »

Was Bebop for me but well after it aired in the US, I didn't start watching any anime until freshman year of college mostly because I didn't need to hide if I was watching anime from my friends since I didn't know anyone in college.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #1916 on: 21 March, 2017, 10:37:26 pm »

mine was literally death note lol
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1917 on: 22 March, 2017, 12:31:40 am »

FMA.

...and then Death Note.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1918 on: 22 March, 2017, 09:24:59 am »

i still know so little about death note whoops
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1919 on: 22 March, 2017, 10:43:15 am »

you're fine
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: