Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:04:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 29718 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2025 on: 31 August, 2017, 10:12:58 pm »

*one piecings*

oh no, not the secondary character with no unique abilities and no relevance outside of the current plot! We shall always remember your (pump-faked) sacrifice! It's not like Oda hasn't pulled exactly this kind of trope before or anything!
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #2026 on: 01 September, 2017, 12:37:59 am »

been waiting for five years now for oda to announce that monet and vergo aren't dead
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2027 on: 04 September, 2017, 05:58:00 am »

the tokyo ghoul character i had latched onto as my husbando now also looks like marilyn manson
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2028 on: 06 September, 2017, 01:12:55 am »

the tokyo ghoul character i had latched onto as my husbando now also looks like marilyn manson
there's really only one followup that this statement deserves:

which one?
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2029 on: 06 September, 2017, 02:09:18 am »

that face and his ridiculous posture are pretty priceless
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2030 on: 06 September, 2017, 02:40:37 pm »

oh, ui

ui ui ui ui gooey zooey mooey pfui

I kinda guessed that was who you were getting at in regards to the last chapter, but it's TG, so you never know.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2031 on: 06 September, 2017, 03:13:00 pm »

speaking of best characters by gender, where the fuck is kurona in all this

she better show up to fight (and beat) juuzou in the next chapter or i will be very disappointed
« Last Edit: 06 September, 2017, 03:14:40 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2032 on: 10 September, 2017, 08:28:44 am »

aww hell yeah ferid bathory heel face turn conf-- wait what
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2033 on: 17 September, 2017, 12:04:37 pm »

as much as everyone hates him for being a bad character, enough so that the new fad in the tokyo ghoul fandom is to intentionally misgender him because that community is complete shit, this would be a pretty lame way for mutsuki to die. he's prolly still alive tho thankfully[?]

i sure hope that aura is fucking dead, though

edit: actually in general, aside from aura and hajime since both of them are so marginal (hajime is super cute and i'd feel bad if he died, tho), this would be a pretty lame place for any of the current villains to die. if juuzou dies a villain here through some hax, i will probably throw a chair. that's a character who should have heel face turned like, 30 chapters ago and i can't believe he's still an antagonist.
« Last Edit: 17 September, 2017, 12:09:44 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2034 on: 17 September, 2017, 03:17:34 pm »

as much as everyone hates him for being a bad character, enough so that the new fad in the tokyo ghoul fandom is to intentionally misgender him because that community is complete shit, this would be a pretty lame way for mutsuki to die. he's prolly still alive tho thankfully[?]

i sure hope that aura is fucking dead, though

edit: actually in general, aside from aura and hajime since both of them are so marginal (hajime is super cute and i'd feel bad if he died, tho), this would be a pretty lame place for any of the current villains to die. if juuzou dies a villain here through some hax, i will probably throw a chair. that's a character who should have heel face turned like, 30 chapters ago and i can't believe he's still an antagonist.
Stitches going out like the guy he's supposed to be replacing, a heroic figure and legend at the very end...

I think it would be pretty **** appropriate, given where he started from.

Also, I think Mutsuki is just one whole big pile of what the **** is going on. Initial characterization and gender is fairly clear, but after the aogiri island arc and the whole bit with trying to **** kaneki's dead body I don't think anybody but Ishida actually knows quite how to describe what's up with that. Enough so that I could see legitimate confusion, y'know?
« Last Edit: 17 September, 2017, 03:20:36 pm by Ƨɒlƚy » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2035 on: 17 September, 2017, 11:35:30 pm »

come to think of it, it'd be thematic if juuzou died here to this "dragon" or whatever furuta has up his sleeve, insofar as that would mirror shinohara's fate almost completely. but like, just from how this is going so far, i don't see any real good reason for juuzou to heel face turn at this point in the fight if he hasn't already done it. that doesn't mean i don't think he might, but it'd be some pretty bad writing if he did (not to imply that some of the recent stuff like urie singlehandedly roflstomping a SS-rank and an SSS-rank all at once because they were dumb wasn't also bad writing).

like, i don't really feel like a whole lot has changed with how mutsuki sees himself -- I think he characterizes his attraction to kaneki as an intrinsically feminine urge (hence that one line), but that he still considers himself a man, which is coherent enough to someone like me who in his heart of hearts wants to be the girliest fucker around, but still adamantly thinks of himself as a man. i can see room for confusion, but when i see the tokyo ghoul freaks talk about it, they're doing it purposefully and maliciously and any disagreement gets shouted down and downvoted to oblivion because they all hate him so bad that they're perfectly fine with being hideously transphobic just to deny him any shred of humanity.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2036 on: 21 September, 2017, 07:00:30 pm »

my anime club has a best waifu/husbando contest this year and it got me thinking: who would I actually say is my husbando of husbandos; for whom would i fight tooth and nail to defend their virginly honor? i couldn't answer that question, which is probably a good thing

long story short, i entered geist

Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2037 on: 24 September, 2017, 03:01:39 pm »

truly, you are the ultimate madman
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #2038 on: 30 September, 2017, 08:56:53 pm »

..invited me to replace a bunch of people who couldn't schedule...

so instead i joined one of these aforementioned people by watching the made in abyss marathon he was hosting. that was one of the shows that was up for vote this semester and it didn't get in, but a lot of people wanted to see it anyway so we did it today. i kinda like the aesthetic of that show: the backgrounds are exquisitely drawn and the character designs are appealing and expressive. it ends in a pretty weird place where the final arc is by far any away the least action-packed or adventurous part of it, but it turns the darkness up by a lot. it's not bad, but i can't help but come out of the show thinking "these guys... didn't actually do that much" by the end of it. also i kinda felt like some of the content was... pretty **** gratuitous: probably the "best" experience of the marathon was towards the end of the 50-minute final episode where everyone at the marathon was going "good show? good show" immediately before the heroine pees herself during the finishing touches to an intensive surgical procedure, prompting a viewer to shout "not good show!" in reaction. i thought the show was okay besides.

this semester's shows are:

My Hero Academia (season 2)
The Legend of Grimgar
Re:Creators
Death Parade
Little Witch Academia

slim pickings out of the stuff that was up for vote this semester. i didn't vote, but if i did, this was probably the best arrangement of shows that could be put in with one notable exception: **** re:creators. another show that was up for vote was your lie in april, which was pretty big here about 2 years ago, but i guess everyone who liked it has either graduated or disappeared because everyone I talked to seemed (quite rightfully) down on it.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #2039 on: 01 October, 2017, 02:30:05 am »

I haven't managed to finish watching Re:Creators

I think I kinda stopped caring. Will probably get back to it at some point, just cause I was close enough.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: