Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 08:29:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 31115 times)
Maniac234678
« Reply #705 on: 23 February, 2010, 03:44:14 am »

So I'm looking back, and...

- I laughed at the concept of having once liked Shana.
- I laughed at the concept of thinking that every episode past 16 of Mai-HiME would be amazing.
- I laughed at the concept of thinking that Clannad would be the best anime I've ever watched. Great for the watch, means nothing afterwards.
- I cried when realizing that I'll never get to experience the full effect of Minami-ke's awesomeness again. Ditto for of all anime, the first season of Rozen Maiden. The ending of that was great. Somewhat ditto for Welcome to the NHK, which was a great watch.
- I have seen like, 5 posts that said that I'll finish up Happiness!, and yet I still haven't.
- I have been enticed to watch CANAAN once more due to a friend of mine, who basically shares every single opinion that I have down to hating all of the popular anime that I do, saying that it's actually good.
- I still can't believe that I have finished Digimon Savers. I find it even harder to believe that I'm almost half-way done with Fist of the North Star.
- I can't believe that I never noticed this:

>cla_nad>

I still don't know what this Clanad is, though.

EDIT: Episode 44 is a major wham episode. 3 characters are confirmed to die over the course of the anime, although I did already know about the fates of two of them.
« Last Edit: 23 February, 2010, 04:18:04 am by Sawyer » Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #706 on: 07 March, 2010, 08:43:54 pm »

Juda arc finished, and I'm officially more than half-way through Fist of the North Star.

And... Rei's dead. I'd say finally in that we've known that he'll die since episode 44, but it's still a poignant moment and to say that would be insulting.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #707 on: 08 March, 2010, 09:01:41 pm »

You ruin everything you touch.

I hope that you no longer like Akumetsu. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #708 on: 11 March, 2010, 07:57:01 pm »

KENSHIRO HAS FINALLY BEEN DEFEATED! I REPEAT, NOT INCLUDING EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE BEFORE EPISODE 1, KENSHIRO HAS FINALLY BEEN DEFEATED!

Also, Souther is even worse than Amiba is, holy ****. This guy is like Luca Blight, except sane.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #709 on: 17 March, 2010, 03:25:54 pm »

more hokuto no ken

Also, I watched Rozen Maiden again. I miss the time when Suigintou was a flat-out awesome character.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #710 on: 17 March, 2010, 04:26:37 pm »

Had you seen Sawyer tickle Revy in Black Lagoon?
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #711 on: 17 March, 2010, 05:36:11 pm »

Yes, but not per reading up to that point, but because I was linked to the page.

I still haven't finished the entire arc, though, even if I only have about 10 chapters to go.

As for Fist of the North Star...

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

oh yeah southers dead
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #712 on: 29 March, 2010, 07:20:40 pm »

Episodes 71-72 were great, though the ending of 72 was marginally disappointing. Hopin' that Toki gets the opportunity to fight Raoh again.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #713 on: 03 April, 2010, 08:02:43 pm »

read 8 chapters of black lagoon and 9 chapters of claymore

thats more manga in one day than i have read in a year
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #714 on: 03 April, 2010, 09:04:19 pm »

thoughts on black lagoon
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #715 on: 03 April, 2010, 09:08:53 pm »

The action and plot are almost incomprehensible through manga as a medium. Black Lagoon is a million times better as an anime than as a manga. That is all.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #716 on: 04 April, 2010, 07:43:34 pm »

At times, yeah. The action is so intricately choreographed in Hiroe's head that it takes pages for what would take seconds in the manga.  It has these trope in spades (in terms of speech, action and plot):

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TalkingIsAFreeAction

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComicBookTime

And by incomprehensible, are you talking about the ending of the El Baile de la Muerte arc? Because a huge chunk of that ending was left out of the english translations for some reason. I found it somewhere...
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #717 on: 04 April, 2010, 07:47:46 pm »

At times, yeah. The action is so intricately choreographed in Hiroe's head that it takes pages for what would take seconds in the manga.  It has these trope in spades (in terms of speech, action and plot):

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TalkingIsAFreeAction

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComicBookTime

And by incomprehensible, are you talking about the ending of the El Baile de la Muerte arc? Because a huge chunk of that ending was left out of the english translations for some reason. I found it somewhere...
SHOW ME

I never understood what the **** was going on after a certain point. Like, right when Roberta was assaulting them with the rifle.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #718 on: 04 April, 2010, 07:50:59 pm »

Let's put it this way: when the main cast was engaging the South American terrorist group, I thought they were engaging the American troops. In general, I have no idea when and where settings and scenery take place in. I have no idea how some characters end up where they are when they're needed to become a plot element. I cannot decipher what is going on when the action starts because blood always obscures the action. I can't tell what anyone is doing. Out of all of the manga that I've read, this is the only manga that I have had these problems with.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #719 on: 04 April, 2010, 07:53:45 pm »

Let's put it this way: when the main cast was engaging the South American terrorist group, I thought they were engaging the American troops. In general, I have no idea when and where settings and scenery take place in. I have no idea how some characters end up where they are when they're needed to become a plot element. I cannot decipher what is going on when the action starts because blood always obscures the action. I can't tell what anyone is doing. Out of all of the manga that I've read, this is the only manga that I have had these problems with.
There are a few I've had the same problem with. It seems to be a failing on the author's part more than anything else.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: