Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 12:30:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Darkblaze's anime topic that needs a better name

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 286   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkblaze's anime topic that needs a better name  (Read 28185 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2025 on: 04 February, 2010, 11:24:12 am »

lol, using lego figures to explain things

The World God Only Knows is probably one of the best manga I'm currently reading.
Meh, from what little I read of it, it looked rather similar to moe trash.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #2026 on: 04 February, 2010, 11:35:22 am »

The World God Only Knows is probably one of the best manga I'm currently reading.
...I would say it's not, but that wouldn't be quite correct... I can't exactly think of a good way to describe it at the moment, but the attitude it has is funny to me.

I guess it's kind of a deconstruction of the genre.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2027 on: 04 February, 2010, 11:37:07 am »

...I would say it's not, but that would really be a lie. I can't exactly think of a good way to describe it at the moment, but the attitude it has is funny to me.
So, decent humor? As long as it's not typical harem humor, I might be fine with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #2028 on: 04 February, 2010, 11:40:22 am »

It's not like Clannad or something, for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2029 on: 04 February, 2010, 12:01:39 pm »

It's not like Clannad or something, for sure.
*Shudders*
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #2030 on: 04 February, 2010, 12:28:07 pm »

lul
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #2031 on: 04 February, 2010, 04:27:59 pm »

Do you find this:

offensive?
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #2032 on: 04 February, 2010, 05:06:10 pm »

A little, yes.

My point was, I was getting sick of the constant bashing of it (and me, by extension, even though I knew it was in jest).

I was in a really bad mood back then, so what I said was probably exaggerated.
« Last Edit: 04 February, 2010, 05:14:06 pm by D.O.B. » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #2033 on: 04 February, 2010, 05:31:00 pm »

I'm generating this not out of a response to any prior attempt to cram words into the mouth of anyone, but rather would like to share this idea. What so few people outside of the moe subculture realize about it is that even with moe in existence, that alone is not enough to make something palatable for its target audience in general. You do get several idiots who care only about that in anime (and despite being a minority in at least the western world, do seem to get way too much exposure), but even the majority of this demographic can discern quality entertainment from eye candy. If something that employs moe is popular, then that means that, at least for the intended demographic of the show (beyond the moe fanbase), there's still going something about it that is genuinely appealing. This is, of course, what separates relative successes (disregarding any individual interpretations of quality) like CLANNAD from complete flops like ****ing Cosprayers.
Report Spam   Logged
TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #2034 on: 04 February, 2010, 05:55:14 pm »

I'm generating this not out of a response to any prior attempt to cram words into the mouth of anyone, but rather would like to share this idea. What so few people outside of the moe subculture realize about it is that even with moe in existence, that alone is not enough to make something palatable for its target audience in general. You do get several idiots who care only about that in anime (and despite being a minority in at least the western world, do seem to get way too much exposure), but even the majority of this demographic can discern quality entertainment from eye candy. If something that employs moe is popular, then that means that, at least for the intended demographic of the show (beyond the moe fanbase), there's still going something about it that is genuinely appealing. This is, of course, what separates relative successes (disregarding any individual interpretations of quality) like CLANNAD from complete flops like ****ing Cosprayers.

THANK YOU
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #2035 on: 04 February, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »

Something like this...

----

NEW NEGIMA CHAPTER
*Spoilers* PEOPLE ARE DYING
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #2036 on: 04 February, 2010, 06:05:52 pm »

lolwuuuuuuuuuut

It's like Ken Akamatsu is trying way too hard to shift Negima! into shonen at this point. Well, that was already evident, but that's pretty much the final straw. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #2037 on: 04 February, 2010, 07:05:27 pm »

It really is kind of out of place... I thought Negima made the shift into shonen action series a long time ago anyway...
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #2038 on: 04 February, 2010, 07:14:07 pm »

I'm inclined to disagree. I know and will acknowledge that CLANNAD is more than just the "Am I kawaii? Uguu~" moe trash that I typically perceive it to be. However, there are shows like Lucky Star and K-ON! that are immensely popular. As far as I can see there is nothing to these shows other than creating characters that would be appealing to creepy Japanese nerds and putting them in situations that would appear cute.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #2039 on: 04 February, 2010, 08:33:51 pm »

However, there are shows like Lucky Star and K-ON! that are immensely popular. As far as I can see there is nothing to these shows other than creating characters that would be appealing to creepy Japanese nerds and putting them in situations that would appear cute.

Key words. I did say that they have a target demographic which they appeal to; we're not part of it. It much like as if you watched CLANNAD, you would dislike it where others would like it.
« Last Edit: 04 February, 2010, 08:35:31 pm by Theme Reprieve » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 286   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: