Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 08:47:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 37: Thor vs. Luffy vs. D

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 37: Thor vs. Luffy vs. D  (Read 456 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 26 March, 2009, 05:07:19 pm »

You know how this goes. Vote for who you think would win in an all-out battle to the death.

Since this is a special Free-For-All round, everyone gets 2 votes!

Note that as this is a Who-Would-Win based tournament, it would be appreciated if you read and take part in the debate on tactics and fighting ability before voting; you can change your vote any time you want before the polls close. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

If anyone feels like they absolutely have to write out a battle themselves, feel free to send me what you have in mind, and I'll probably enjoy the day off.  

Now then, on to battle!

Thor

Thor: Norse Mythology: The red-haired and bearded God of Thunder, Thor is the son of Odin and one of the most revered Gods of Norse Mythology. Armed with his mystic hammer Mjolnir, which when thrown always returns to its owner, can throw lightning bolts and can only be wielded with his special gloves. He also wears the powerful belt Megingjord, which boosts his strength to great levels. This God’s power allows him to rise above his godly peers.

In the last round, Thor defeated Hiro Nakamura, fighting the time traveler, whose attacks had no affect on his godly form, with lightning bolts and strength. When those didn’t work against the teleporter, Thor used his cunning to win the match.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor

Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy: One Piece: Luffy is an eccentric young man whose only goal in life is to become King of the Pirates and obtain the legendary pirate treasure the One Piece. At a young age, he at the Gum Gum Devil Fruit, this gives every part of his body the properties of extremely durable and stretchable rubber. The result is that physical blows are rendered incredibly ineffective against him, as well as immunity to electricity. In times of extreme stress, Luffy can activate Gears that increase his strength exponentially, but each time he uses a Gear, his lifespan is cut by months. Luffy’s insane strength as well as his fierce ambitions means nothing can stand in his way, including the $300,000,000 price on his head.

In the last round, Luffy defeated Carnage, though Carnage’s energy drain gave Luffy serious problems, Luffy overcame him through sheer force of will, defeating the symbiote with one of his most powerful attacks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_D._Luffy

D

D: Vampire Hunter D: D is a dhampir, the half-breed child of a vampire father and human mother, therefore he makes the ideal vampire hunter. He is renowned for his consummate skill and unearthly grace, but feared and despised for his mixed lineage: born of both races but belonging to neither. Often underestimated by his opponents, D has surprising power and resourcefulness, possessing most of the strengths and only mild levels of vampiric weaknesses. It has been seen in both movies that his power is not only physical, but extends into magic as well; his magical powers make him one of the strongest beings on earth if not the second strongest second only to his father. However he prefers his physical powers, only using his magic in time of great pain or stress.

In the last round, D defeated Adol Christins, using his Vampire Abilities to amuse himself with the adventurer before quickly overwhelming him. The battle was quick and fierce.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Hunter_D

Round 1:
Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator 10-9
Day 2: Adol Christins vs. D 1-13
Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine 9-6
Day 4: Rikuo vs. Luke Cage 2-12
Day 5: Omega Rugal vs. Baraka 11-2
Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader 5-9
Day 7: Rey Mysterio vs. Hulk Hogan 3-9
Day 8: Hiro Nakamura vs. Thor 5-11
Day 9: Lobo vs. Blackheart 7-5
Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost 4-6
Day 11: Jack Bauer vs. Deadpool 4-8
Day 12: The Hulk vs. Morrigan 9-7
Day 13: Raistlin Majere vs. Brock Sampson 3-9
Day 14: Sho Minamimoto vs. The T-800 11-4
Day 15: Scorpion vs. Natsu 9-7
Day 16: Gordon Freeman vs. Apocalypse 3-10
Day 17: Jackie Chan vs. Freddy Krueger 8-7
Day 18: Lucy/Nyu vs. Drizzt 11-0
Day 19: Akuma vs. Naruto 6-8
Day 20: V vs. Shuma-Gorath 2-11
Day 21: Squall vs. Dizzy 2-9
Day 22: Alucard vs. Sylar 8-5
Day 23: Samus Aran vs. Optimus Prime 9-7
Day 24: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Carnage 7-4
Day 25: HK-47 vs. Neo 4-11

Round 2:
Day 26: Omega Rugal vs. Lobo 8-4
Day 27: Naruto vs. Alucard 4-11
Day 28: The Hulk vs. Brock Sampson 12-2
Day 29: Shuma-Gorath vs. Samus Aran 9-6
Day 30: Apocalypse vs. Dizzy 10-4
Day 31: Hulk Hogan vs. The Flash 2-9
Day 32: Sho Minamimoto vs. Scorpion 4-7
Day 33: Lucy/Nyu vs. Jackie Chan 8-3
Day 34: Bruce Lee vs. Deadpool 5-9
Day 35: Luke Cage vs. Darth Vader 2-9
Day 36: Space Ghost vs. Neo 7-5
Day 37: Thor vs. Luffy vs. D
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:07:35 pm »

Neo landed roughly in the middle of the streets of New York City, creating a crater where he hit. Stepping from the pit, Neo faced the anomaly he had travelled so far to confront.

Space Ghost was ordering a hotdog from a vendor who didn’t quite speak English when Neo walked up to him behind and tapped him on the shoulder.

“You don’t belong here,” Neo said as Space Ghost turned to face him.

“What are you talking about? I paid for this dog didn’t I? I can at least enjoy it,” Space Ghost said in his defense.

“You know that’s not what I’m talking about,” Neo said coldly taking a step closer towards the officer.

“Oh, you mean that machine I hooked myself up to on that abandoned space ship? Yeah, this place is great isn’t it? It feels just like a real world! It’s a great vacation getaway.”

“Get out before I make you leave,” Neo warned.

“No! I don’t wanna,” Space Ghost said as he folded his arms, closing the matter.

Neo’s fist hit Space Ghost’s face with an incredible amount of force, sending the interstellar officer flying off into the distance.

Neo began walking away from the area when a blast hit him square between the shoulders, knocking him off his feet and painfully throwing him into the concrete. Neo calmly rose to his feet and turned around to see Space Ghost hovering a few feet above the air with his Wrist Band pointing at The One.

“You wanna rumble? Be ready to tumble!” Space Ghost bellowed in an attempt to appear confident.

Neo launched himself from the ground and flew into Space Ghost at the speed of sound, creating a sonic boom followed by a sharp crack as Neo smacked flat against the ground only moments after take-off, having ran straight into an invisible force-field that Space Ghost created directly in front of him.

“That had to hurt,” Space Ghost said simply.

Neo rose to his feet once again, blood trickling from his mouth as he turned to face his foe.

“What are you?” Neo asked.

“I’m just your ordinary super-powered interstellar patrolman and part-time talk show host,” Space Ghost replied, “Now calm down before I have to bust out my Anti-Matter Ray!”

Neo flew underneath Space Ghost’s force field and shot straight up underneath him, dragging the ghostly figure into the air as he slowed his ascent and began flying straight towards the ground, holding Space Ghost beneath him.

A massive explosion erupted as the ground was hit with the force of a small bomb, toppling the nearby skyscrapers of New York. Neo rose from area where he hit, looking for any signs of his opponent’s remains, knowing there probably wouldn’t be any.

“You know, it that had worked, it would have hurt,” Space Ghost stated as he stood on the edge of the crate, “Like… A lot.”

“How?” Neo asked in confusion.

“Teleporter!” Space Ghost announced as he pointed to his wrist band, “Never leave spaceport without one!” The officer finished as he disappeared from view.

“You expect the Teleporter to work twice?” Neo shouted to the air around him, trying to sense Space Ghost within the Matrix code but failing as the intruder wasn’t a natural part of it.

“No… but invisibility does nicely.” Space Ghost chided from the position he disappeared in. A blast emitting from the spot and hitting the unsuspecting One dead on, causing him to become paralyzed.

Neo fought the effects of the Stun Ray as Space Ghost reappeared before him, pressing a number of unlabeled buttons on his wrist band before pointing it at Neo.

“Face it,” Space Ghost chided, “You fought the law. The law won.”

An Anti-Matter Ray shot from the Wrist Band and into Neo, disintegrating every atom in his body simultaneously, leaving a black burn mark where he stood.

“Now where the hell did I put that hotdog…” Space Ghost mumbled as he sought out his victory lunch.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #2 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:08:53 pm »

2 Votes each everyone!

For my part, I think Luffy comes out on top of this one. He's simply more skilled than D in my opinion, and between Thor's lightning and hammer, he has no way of hurting him.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #3 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:10:31 pm »

Thor and D.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #4 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:11:02 pm »

Thor and D.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #5 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:11:57 pm »

Wow, look at those lists and lists of reasonings...
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #6 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:13:00 pm »

What type of magic does D possess?
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #7 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:13:28 pm »

Luffy last I checked in the series was just a stupid version of Mr. Fantastic.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #8 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:14:01 pm »

I don't see where Monkey has a chance against someone as powerful as Thor, or D for that matter. I'm not entirely familiar with D and Luffy, but still. His body my be rubbery and stuff, but has he ever been attacked by a god who could lift the Midgard Serpent?
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #9 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:17:11 pm »

<Snip>

Had a good laugh there.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #10 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:18:19 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #11 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:20:20 pm »

Luffy last I checked in the series was just a stupid version of Mr. Fantastic.

That's one of his early fights. He's gotten a lot better.

I don't see where Monkey has a chance against someone as powerful as Thor, or D for that matter. I'm not entirely familiar with D and Luffy, but still. His body my be rubbery and stuff, but has he ever been attacked by a god who could lift the Midgard Serpent?

Thor lost to an Old Woman in combat. Besides which, Luffy is immune to Physical and Electric attacks. There's no way for Thor to hurt him, though to be fair, D with his sword can.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #12 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:21:16 pm »

Let me check...

I think it's fire magic and basic vampire hypnotism.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #13 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:22:12 pm »

That old Woman was old age. No one can beat her, not even D. Not even Luffy. Not the Hulk. No one. That's not an effective point for this matchup. And again, Luffy might be immune to attack from a normal person, but Thor's strength is far beyond that of a normal person. And  what could Luffy do to harm him? He might not be immortal, but he's still incredibly powerful.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #14 on: 26 March, 2009, 05:24:12 pm »

Let me check...

I think it's fire magic and basic vampire hypnotism.

Just found it, his Left Hand (yes it's normally capitalized like that) can absorb and feed off the five basic elements.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: