Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 10:24:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 38: Alucard vs. Darth Vader

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 38: Alucard vs. Darth Vader  (Read 710 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 28 March, 2009, 04:27:56 pm »

Welcome to Round 3 of The Pop Culture Showdown!

You know how this goes. Vote for who you think would win in an all-out battle to the death.

Note that as this is a Who-Would-Win based tournament, it would be appreciated if you read and take part in the debate on tactics and fighting ability before voting; you can change your vote any time you want before the polls close. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

If anyone feels like they absolutely have to write out a battle themselves, feel free to send me what you have in mind, and I'll probably enjoy the day off. 

Now then, on to battle!

Alucard

Alucard: Castlevania Series: The son of Dracula, and a half vampire because of it. He often clashes with his father, but that doesn’t mean he takes it easy on the Belmont family. Alucard has been shown to be an amazingly powerful character within the series, as well as appearing as the occasional playable hero. He has been shown to be able to manipulate fire, live an extremely long time, shapeshift into bats, wield powerful magic, and is extremely proficient with bladed weaponry.

In the last round, Alucard defeat Naruto. The Demon Fox empowered Ninja posed an interesting threat, but Naruto simply couldn’t keep up with Alucard’s surplus of items and spells.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_(Castlevania)

Darth Vader

Darth Vader: Star Wars: As the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader is the most feared man in the galaxy, and has the power to back it up. Once a young and innocent Anakin Skywalker, tragic events transformed him to a creature of the Dark Side. As the most powerful force user in Star Wars history, and a damn good lightsaber wielder too, Darth Vader is truly a merciless opponent. The Force is always with him.

In the last round, Darth Vader defeated Luke Cage. Cage’s impenetrable skin gave Vader’s Lightsaber trouble, but in the end, the hero was no match for the power of the force.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Vader

Round 1:
Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator 10-9
Day 2: Adol Christins vs. D 1-13
Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine 9-6
Day 4: Rikuo vs. Luke Cage 2-12
Day 5: Omega Rugal vs. Baraka 11-2
Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader 5-9
Day 7: Rey Mysterio vs. Hulk Hogan 3-9
Day 8: Hiro Nakamura vs. Thor 5-11
Day 9: Lobo vs. Blackheart 7-5
Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost 4-6
Day 11: Jack Bauer vs. Deadpool 4-8
Day 12: The Hulk vs. Morrigan 9-7
Day 13: Raistlin Majere vs. Brock Sampson 3-9
Day 14: Sho Minamimoto vs. The T-800 11-4
Day 15: Scorpion vs. Natsu 9-7
Day 16: Gordon Freeman vs. Apocalypse 3-10
Day 17: Jackie Chan vs. Freddy Krueger 8-7
Day 18: Lucy/Nyu vs. Drizzt 11-0
Day 19: Akuma vs. Naruto 6-8
Day 20: V vs. Shuma-Gorath 2-11
Day 21: Squall vs. Dizzy 2-9
Day 22: Alucard vs. Sylar 8-5
Day 23: Samus Aran vs. Optimus Prime 9-7
Day 24: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Carnage 7-4
Day 25: HK-47 vs. Neo 4-11

Round 2:
Day 26: Omega Rugal vs. Lobo 8-4
Day 27: Naruto vs. Alucard 4-11
Day 28: The Hulk vs. Brock Sampson 12-2
Day 29: Shuma-Gorath vs. Samus Aran 9-6
Day 30: Apocalypse vs. Dizzy 10-4
Day 31: Hulk Hogan vs. The Flash 2-9
Day 32: Sho Minamimoto vs. Scorpion 4-7
Day 33: Lucy/Nyu vs. Jackie Chan 8-3
Day 34: Bruce Lee vs. Deadpool 5-9
Day 35: Luke Cage vs. Darth Vader 2-9
Day 36: Space Ghost vs. Neo 7-5
Day 37: Thor vs. Luffy vs. D 7-3-8

Round 3:
Day 38: Alucard vs. Darth Vader
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 28 March, 2009, 04:28:28 pm »

“GUM GUM PISTOL!” Luffy shouted as he sent his rubbery fist flying into D who quickly sidestepped the attack, the rubber fist punching a hole through the wall of the underground cavern.

“Strong arm kid,” D admitted, “But you’re no match for me. Get out of my way before I get annoyed,” the dhampir warned.

“GUM GUM STAMP!” Luffy responded, sending his rubber feet into D’s chest, knocking him painfully against a pillar within the cave.

“So that’s how it’s gonna be then,” D smirked as he drew his longsword from his back and rushed at Luffy head on preparing a powerful slash as Luffy wound up his arm for another blown. Their attacks were interrupted by a bolt of lightning that appeared directly between the two opponents as Thor appeared, floating majestically in the center of the cavern.

“Who dares enter the domain of the God of Thunder! Such disrespect must be punished!” the God bellowed.

A quick glance between Luffy and D was all that was needed for the two to agree with each other. D raised his sword towards Thor in a defensive stance as Luffy launched himself into the air.

“I did,” D calmly said, “You have a problem with that?”

“Watch out,”D’s Left Hand warned, “This guys strong, I’m not even sure of the extent of his power.”

“Gotcha,” D responded as Thor charged a bolt of lightning in his hand and hurled it at the dhampir, D barely dodging the bolt with his vampire reflexes.

“GUM GUM AXE!” Luffy shouted as he brought his leg down on top of the God, his rubbery body making the Thunder God all the more vulnerable to his attacks as Thor was pushed into the floor of the cavern.

Thor responded by hurling another bolt into Luffy, hitting the pirate full force while having no effect.

“You can’t hurt me!” Luffy exclaimed, “Cause I’m a rubber man!”

Thor responded to the claim by slamming Mjolnir into Luffy’s face and sending him crashing through the rock wall of the cavern.

D used his vampiric speed to jump at Thor from behind and deliver a painful slice across the Thunder-God’s back. The slash caused the God to howl in pain before turning and charging a bolt of lightning in his hand when he found his arms and legs wrapped in rubber limbs.

“GUM GUM BELL!” Luffy shouted as his head flew from the hole in the wall on the other side of the cavern he was launched into by Thor, and delivered a powerful headbutt to the back of Thor’s skull that caused the God to fall forward on top of D’s waiting sword, skewering him through the heart.

Thor fell to the ground with a weighted thump as D and Luffy looked over the defeated foe.

“Well that was unusual,” D commented.

“I’ll say!” Luffy shouted.

“Now then, where were we?” D smirked as he pointed his sword back at the Straw Hat Pirate.

“Oh yeah!” Luffy smiled as he readied his arm for a punch, but D was already on top of him, slashing fiercely into the Pirate faster than he could dodge. D finished by using the blunt end of his blade to swing Luffy into the ceiling.

Luffy exploded into a cloud of steam in mid-air as his body took on a pinkish color and landed gracefully on the ground.

“Watch it D, I’m sensing something different about that Straw Hat guy,” Left Hand warned, “He’s suddenly gotten a lot stronger for some reason,”

“Interesting,” D mused.

D launched himself at Luffy as he slashed into the Rubber Man, while Luffy used his amazing speed to seemingly disappear into thin air and reappear behind D, with his fist pulled back.

“GUM GUM GAT-“ but Luffy was cut off when D planted his Left Hand against Luffy’s face.

“You’re good kid,” D admitted, “But like everyone else, you’re just not better, no matter how strong you get,” D finished as Left Hand’s eyes stared into Luffy’s planting a powerful trance that instantly put Luffy to sleep.

“Sweet dreams,” D said as he raised his sword over his unconscious foe.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #2 on: 28 March, 2009, 04:30:34 pm »

I almost felt compelled to go against the random bracket generator and put Alucard up against D, but I just couldn't do it...

I was too weak to defeat it...

;~;
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #3 on: 28 March, 2009, 05:22:05 pm »

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think Vader can outlast Alucard. He would put up a fight, but I don't see him countering masterful sorcery and whatnot.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #4 on: 28 March, 2009, 08:57:54 pm »

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think Vader can outlast Alucard. He would put up a fight, but I don't see him countering masterful sorcery and whatnot.

I agree. Both are powerful, but Alucard's got a bit more up his sleeve than Vader.

This was actually my most wanted fight other than Alucard vs. D.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #5 on: 28 March, 2009, 09:13:38 pm »

I agree. Both are powerful, but Alucard's got a bit more up his sleeve than Vader.

This was actually my most wanted fight other than Alucard vs. D.

Happy to please.

Actually this round is gonna have a lot more even-leveled fights. Except for possibly one later on.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #6 on: 28 March, 2009, 09:19:05 pm »

Excellent.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #7 on: 28 March, 2009, 11:36:06 pm »

Next round will certainly be interesting. I have a feeling it's going to be insanely close or a slaughter.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #8 on: 28 March, 2009, 11:37:56 pm »

Next round will certainly be interesting. I have a feeling it's going to be insanely close or a slaughter.

WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME WITH THESE PREVIEWS?
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #9 on: 28 March, 2009, 11:45:01 pm »

WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME WITH THESE PREVIEWS?

BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY ANYONE WILL PAY ATTENTION TO IT! ;~;
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #10 on: 28 March, 2009, 11:47:40 pm »

I ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION.

ALWAYS.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: 28 March, 2009, 11:49:03 pm »

I ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION.

ALWAYS.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #12 on: 28 March, 2009, 11:49:31 pm »

;~;
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #13 on: 28 March, 2009, 11:53:42 pm »

Snaps, I almost forgot. I kind of want to know how people want to do the last two rounds.

After this round, we'll have 6 fighters left, so we have 2 options.

Option 1:
We have 3 one-on-one semi-final fights, but that means three fighters will fight in the final fight in a three-for-all, similar to what we had for the last fight.

Option 2:
We have 2 three-for-all semi-final fights, which means the final fight will be one-on-one.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: 29 March, 2009, 12:05:44 am »

OPTION 2
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: