Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 12:48:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 40: Space Ghost vs. The Flash

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 40: Space Ghost vs. The Flash  (Read 862 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 05 April, 2009, 07:24:28 pm »

You know how this goes. Vote for who you think would win in an all-out battle to the death.

Note that as this is a Who-Would-Win based tournament, it would be appreciated if you read and take part in the debate on tactics and fighting ability before voting; you can change your vote any time you want before the polls close. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

If anyone feels like they absolutely have to write out a battle themselves, feel free to send me what you have in mind, and I'll probably enjoy the day off. 

Now then, on to battle!

Space Ghost

Space Ghost: Space Ghost: An interstellar police officer and part time talk show host, Space Ghost’s uniform grants him incredible power. With it he can travel through space unhindered, turn invisible, generate force fields, and fire heat rays from his eyes. His wrist bands grant him the ability to fire almost any type of ray imaginable, including Force Rays, Hypno Rays, Destructo Rays, Electro Rays, Anti-Matter Rays, ect, as well as allowing him to move at superhuman speeds and create time warps. His single most impressive power however, is his ability to teleport vast distances. This officer of the interstellar law is a true hero, and makes excellent television.

In the last round, Space Ghost defeated Neo, beating The One with surprising ease utilizing his highly advanced technology to knock his foe senseless.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Ghost

The Flash

The Flash: DC Comics: The Flash is famously known as the fastest man alive. Able to run at incredible speeds and vibrate his body fast enough to walk through walls; the Flash is an extreme threat simply due to his speed alone which makes his entire body a weapon.

In the last round, The Flash defeated Hulk Hogan. Hogan asked for someone who could challenge him, and The Flash provided, finding the wrestler to have a number of surprises in store for him, The Flash eventually used his speed to win the match.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flash

Round 1:
Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator 10-9
Day 2: Adol Christins vs. D 1-13
Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine 9-6
Day 4: Rikuo vs. Luke Cage 2-12
Day 5: Omega Rugal vs. Baraka 11-2
Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader 5-9
Day 7: Rey Mysterio vs. Hulk Hogan 3-9
Day 8: Hiro Nakamura vs. Thor 5-11
Day 9: Lobo vs. Blackheart 7-5
Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost 4-6
Day 11: Jack Bauer vs. Deadpool 4-8
Day 12: The Hulk vs. Morrigan 9-7
Day 13: Raistlin Majere vs. Brock Sampson 3-9
Day 14: Sho Minamimoto vs. The T-800 11-4
Day 15: Scorpion vs. Natsu 9-7
Day 16: Gordon Freeman vs. Apocalypse 3-10
Day 17: Jackie Chan vs. Freddy Krueger 8-7
Day 18: Lucy/Nyu vs. Drizzt 11-0
Day 19: Akuma vs. Naruto 6-8
Day 20: V vs. Shuma-Gorath 2-11
Day 21: Squall vs. Dizzy 2-9
Day 22: Alucard vs. Sylar 8-5
Day 23: Samus Aran vs. Optimus Prime 9-7
Day 24: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Carnage 7-4
Day 25: HK-47 vs. Neo 4-11

Round 2:
Day 26: Omega Rugal vs. Lobo 8-4
Day 27: Naruto vs. Alucard 4-11
Day 28: The Hulk vs. Brock Sampson 12-2
Day 29: Shuma-Gorath vs. Samus Aran 9-6
Day 30: Apocalypse vs. Dizzy 10-4
Day 31: Hulk Hogan vs. The Flash 2-9
Day 32: Sho Minamimoto vs. Scorpion 4-7
Day 33: Lucy/Nyu vs. Jackie Chan 8-3
Day 34: Bruce Lee vs. Deadpool 5-9
Day 35: Luke Cage vs. Darth Vader 2-9
Day 36: Space Ghost vs. Neo 7-5
Day 37: Thor vs. Luffy vs. D 7-3-8

Round 3:
Day 38: Alucard vs. Darth Vader 8-7
Day 39: Apocalypse vs. The Hulk 10-5
Day 40: Space Ghost vs. The Flash
« Last Edit: 05 April, 2009, 07:27:33 pm by Gaffit » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 05 April, 2009, 07:25:33 pm »

“HULK SMASH!” The voice screamed as it was accompanied by a green fist smashing into Apocalypse’ face at the speed of sound.

“Such impetuousness!” Apocalypse bellowed as he reeled from the blow, sending a bolt of psionic energy into the Hulk that sent the beast stumbling backwards.

The city was quaking with each blow the titans threw at each other as the battle raged on, both opponents showing no signs of tire.

The Hulk leapt into the air and put both of his fists together, bringing them down on top of Apocalypses head and pushing him through several meters of bedrock and sewer system.

Apocalypse countered with a psionic wave that pushed Hulk from the crater and sent the Gamma Monster flying high into the air. Apocalypse teleported above the Hulk in mid-flight and grabbed a hold of his leg, whirling his foe around before releasing his grip, sending the Hulk flying into a skyscraper that quickly collapsed on top of him.

“That should hold him for awhile,” Apocalypse muttered to himself.

A green mass took hold of the mutant from behind as the Hulk used its incredible speed to grab onto the mutant in midair before using his massive weight to slam Apocalypse painfully into the ground.

Hulk sat on top of his mutant foe’s fallen body and began bombarding him with his bestial punches, sending shockwaves through the city with every blow.

“Nothing can stop the Hulk! Hulk strongest!” The green giant yelled as he continued his onslaught.

“Enough!” Apocalypse yelled as another wave of psionic energy pushed the Hulk off of him. Apocalypse got to his feet in the crater of Hulk’s creation as he used his molecular manipulation to remove his wounds.

“You cannot stop me! My strength rivals the Gods them-“ Apocalypse bellowed before the Hulk recovered from the blast and sent another powerful punch into the mutant’s stomach, sending him through a couple of skyscrapers before managing to catch himself in mid-air.

The Hulk flew into Apocalypse with a powerful leap, with his arms ready to deliver their muscular payload when Apocalypse snatched the Hulk out of the air, keeping the beast’s head in his grip. The Mutant channeled energy through his body before blasting it through his arm, sending the full force of the eruption directly into the Hulk’s skull, causing the Gamma Beast to writhe in pain.

Apocalypse raised the Hulk above his head before hurling him into the ground, creating yet another crater.

“You only making Hulk angry!” Hulk shouted as he weakly got to his feet, the signs of his wounds quickly disappearing. The Hulk’s muscles spasmed briefly before doubling in size.

“Don’t worry, I’ll quickly fix that,” Apocalypse said grimly, “You’ll have your peace in Hell.”

The Hulk shouted furiously before running to a nearby skyscraping and ripping it from it’s foundation before tossing the mass of concrete into his foe.

Apocalypse simply teleported behind Hulk and sent a powerful elbow into the back of The Hulk’s neck, causing the beast to crash to the ground.

“I have full control over my body,” Apocalypse bragged, “I can match your muscular growth infinitely,” the mutant finished as his muscles grew in size to match The Hulk’s.

“You can’t beat Hulk’s strength! Hulk strongest!” The beast roared as he quickly got up to deliver a powerful backhand before realizing that his opponent was no longer there.

“Some people never learn,” Apocalypse sighed from behind Hulk as he sent his Energy Empowered Knee to the Hulk’s spine, causing the beast to cry out in pain.

A powerful column of energy crashed down on top of The Hulk from the heavens, devouring him in enough energy to destroy a small country.

The Hulk weakly grunted as the column dispersed, leaving him in a smoking hole in the ground as his flesh slowly began regrowing.

“Hulk… Strongest!” Hulk shouted.

“No,” the mutant said simply, “Apocalypse is,” as another column of energy enveloped The Hulk, finishing the beast off.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2 on: 05 April, 2009, 07:27:21 pm »

Next.
Report Spam   Logged

GSD
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

GSD

« Reply #3 on: 05 April, 2009, 07:27:34 pm »

The Flash.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #4 on: 05 April, 2009, 07:28:13 pm »

I'm going with Space Ghost on this one. With Force Field Generation, Teleportation and Time Warps, what can the Flash really do?
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #5 on: 05 April, 2009, 07:39:09 pm »

I'm going with Space Ghost on this one. With Force Field Generation, Teleportation and Time Warps, what can the Flash really do?

I agree.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #6 on: 05 April, 2009, 08:02:21 pm »

Flash can't even attack Space Ghost, let alone defend against surprise attacks.
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #7 on: 05 April, 2009, 09:02:59 pm »

HULK STRONGEST!

XD
*coins phrase*

Anywayz, the 'Ghost gots this.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #8 on: 06 April, 2009, 06:07:23 pm »

I feel that I need to repost something now.

Now, I don't know how many of you dogs of the scurviest sea read comics, but I do a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say "your taste in wine is atrocious". He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his ass. He's that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.

Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fun master of not much, but instead he's the hottest **** to ever **** on a plate. You got a power? He'll find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. He'll light you on fire when you're sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of **** you batman. That's Batman.

But the **** Flash, my god, my **** GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Superman's powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to 'get in on' then the Flash is an **** with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that **** hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else's job.

Ok first off, he can travel at lightspeed. Mother ****! Not only does he travel at lightspeed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like he's having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while he's already gotten to Arizona. That's **** fast. But wait! The ability to move at Lightspeed just isn't **** enough!

I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second you've been hit five times in the **** and two times everywhere else. You think you're about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second he's beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, there's more!

The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain't no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at lightspeed would run into **** but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be "okay" afterwards or **** EXPLODE. That's right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transfering kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. IT's bad enough you can't hit this guy, but he doesn't even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and you're thinking you're about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. He's the **** Flash.

Now imagine that somehow there's someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think it's going slow and then he's like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam it's going at lightspeed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

But wait! There's more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I don't even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok let's say Flash is fighting Superman and **** he's going to lose and **** how is Superman THIS **** strong? I don't know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND.

How do you beat this dude? You're thinking you're hashing him good, laying down the beatdown, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and there's a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didn't fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! **** you Flash! You moved the stairs to Soviet **** russia! RUSH-A! ****.

Oh, and lastly his greatest power is he isn't fast in bed. He takes it slow and gets all the ladies with his superpowers then actually satisfies them in the sack. Who the Hell is this guy? You'd think he could AT LEAST be a premature ejaculator since his **** is moving at lightspeed but NOOOO he's even good in bed.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wolverine sucks **** and should go die in a freak greasefire.

So yeah, The Flash.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #9 on: 06 April, 2009, 06:31:58 pm »

ITT Ahriman overestimating The Flash.

He's no Thanos, Hell he is not even an Onslaught or a Galactus. As stated for the Hulk, it depends on how stupid the writer is.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #10 on: 06 April, 2009, 06:33:47 pm »

lolTheFlashStillSucks
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #11 on: 07 April, 2009, 01:58:06 am »

lolDeepSeatedHateForFlash
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #12 on: 07 April, 2009, 07:36:55 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #13 on: 07 April, 2009, 08:56:22 am »

Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #14 on: 07 April, 2009, 11:19:24 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: