Ultimate Paradise
17 April, 2024, 08:21:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 40: Space Ghost vs. The Flash

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 40: Space Ghost vs. The Flash  (Read 861 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #30 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:31:13 pm »

I can see him winning at all, but him and Apocalypse are probably even to me and both are the most likely people to win.

That would be a pretty sweet ass final battle.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #31 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:32:19 pm »

I can see him winning at all, but him and Apocalypse are probably even to me and both are the most likely people to win.

What happened to Omega Rugal?
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #32 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:33:35 pm »

Rugal's powerful, but this is about his canon power, not his cheapness in the games.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #33 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:35:04 pm »

Rugal's powerful, but this is about his canon power, not his cheapness in the games.

Isn't he still technically a God in-game? He has all of his own power plus what he managed to sap from Shin Akuma.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #34 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:37:50 pm »

He was able to beat at least 90% of the cast at the same time in KoF95, he's a god at hand-to-hand fighting, but I don't see him handling near-perfect defense and molecular manipulation.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #35 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:46:23 pm »

He was able to beat at least 90% of the cast at the same time in KoF95, he's a god at hand-to-hand fighting, but I don't see him handling near-perfect defense and molecular manipulation.

Still possible. If he uses his foot slice attack fast enough to chop Apocalypse into enough pieces...
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #36 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:49:35 pm »

Apocalypse has regeneration though, I believe. Apoc and SG are on another playing field, unless Rugal has his powers of invincibility frames and giant hitboxes.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #37 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:50:16 pm »

Still possible. If he uses his foot slice attack fast enough to chop Apocalypse into enough pieces...

If we go by the logic than its possible for Alucard to beat him as well (Crissaegrim).
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #38 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:50:52 pm »

If we go by the logic than its possible for Alucard to beat him as well (Crissaegrim).

I didn't say it wasn't.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #39 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:54:46 pm »

I know, I'm just sayin'.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #40 on: 07 April, 2009, 06:19:10 pm »

Looking forward to the final rounds in this tourney; hopefully next time, the first round will be more like the final round will be in this one.
Report Spam   Logged

HMA
HMA
Holy Ruler

« Reply #41 on: 07 April, 2009, 08:32:09 pm »

EPIC SIZED POST

Right.

1. The Flash can move at the speed of light as you say, but Space Ghost has straight up teleportation. He can get to the other side of the universe in an instant. I think that beats the Flash in a race.

2. The Flash may be able to punch at the speed of light, but that's not gonna do a thing if his opponent is airborn like Space Ghost is most likely gonna be. Flash =/= Flying

3. The Flash can phase through walls and while that's nifty and all, that's gonna be amazingly ineffective against Space Ghost's energy force fields. The Flash moves his molecules fast enough to pass through matter, not solid energy.

4. The Flash can time travel. Neat trick. So can Space Ghost.

5. The Flash can control the kinetic energy of projectiles, which seems to be the only thing that won't straight up not work on Space Ghost, but he's limited to things he can lift and even then, Space Ghost can probably just keep his distance and teleport or hell, turn invisible.

I think I covered everything.
*Sigh*
Explain how Space Ghost is supposed to WIN the fight?
Neat defence, I admit, but it seems more like a draw. Kinda hard to get a finger on the guy who can move at the speed of light, even if you can teleport.
Eventually someone will slip up, however, and who is it likely to be?
The guy with great reaction times and epic defences, or the guy who can slow down the flow of time?
« Last Edit: 07 April, 2009, 08:33:46 pm by HMA » Report Spam   Logged

Anime directors like cats, because they dont have to look after them ~ FLCL
Did you come to play? Everyone's dead... so I got bored. Did you come to play with me? ~ Wrath, FMA
Dubbed Morgan Freeman by ZeldaFan, ZeldaFan42, and a team of squirrels
I'm a Clasher. I have a natural tendency towards super-powered, rediculously over-the-top God Mode fights...
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #42 on: 07 April, 2009, 08:34:29 pm »

How about the guy under normal circumstances would only have superspeed? Not to mention SG has a freeze ray and he can just turn the ground icy and really make Flash's day miserable.
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #43 on: 07 April, 2009, 09:24:22 pm »

Umm...wouldn't the Flash be moving so fast that it melts the ice and turns it into steam?
Report Spam   Logged
Masterman
« Reply #44 on: 07 April, 2009, 09:27:19 pm »

No scratch that post. My bad.

I SHOULD'VE PUT GHOST RIDER IN THIS.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: