Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 05:43:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

ILS gives his first impressions on a few of the new anime

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ILS gives his first impressions on a few of the new anime  (Read 142 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« on: 06 April, 2009, 06:14:52 am »

Remember, these are first impressions. They might very well turn out wrong, but this is just what I think ATM.

Queen's Blade: Rurō no Senshi: This one I didn't see much of, only the first 10 minutes or so (I got interrupted and didn't get around to it again). Within the first 2-3 minutes, a nearly naked big chested girl with bunny ears fights another girl. So naturally, I'm pretty much sold on that one. It doesn't seem very deep though... It's a tournament, and the one who wins the tournament becomes queen. That seems to be it... At the moment I think it's a fanservice/fight anime, but time will tell.

Asura Cryin': It seems pretty interesting. The first episode didn't get me hooked to be honest, but I like some of the ideas and stuff, so I'll keep watching to see if it gets better. Worth a small check I think. It doesn't seem groundbreaking yet though.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood: ...Do I really need to give my impressions on this one? Luff. Luff luff luff luff luff. Revision of the old series, supposed to follow the manga, and we don't have to watch all the things from the first series taht DID follow the manga (well, next episode will be about how Ed and Al got to be how they are now. That's acceptable, I don't mind at all). If you watched the first series, START WATCHING THIS ONE. You probably already are, but whatever. IF you didn't... Well, I still think you should give this a try, but maybe watch the old one first.

Shangri La: I like this one. First episode did an okay job of getting me sucked into the universe. I didn't like the art style at first, but I quickly (very quickly) started to like it. Pretty well animated as well I think. From the first episode, it seems to be about corrupt politics and perhaps some fighting. One thing I'm worried about is, that this anime is about the world after it has been affected by global warming. I really hope it won't start screaming GLOBAL WARMING IS BAD STOP DOING IT YOU LITTLE ****S in your face every episode. It's a good concept (and modern concept), but please keep it subtle... Definately worth a shot IMO.

EDIT: Oh, and the main character uses a boomerang that can cut through metal. I don't know about you guys, but in my little screwed up universe, that's ****ing awesome.

Pandora Hearts: Coming soon, when it gets subbed (Or rather, I find out WHERE it's been subbed)

K-on: Also coming, when i get around to watching it. It's a 4-koma anime, so it's probably gonna be someting a la Lucky Star or other 4-koma manga.

Dragonball Kai: Also also coming soon. Though I already know how I'll feel... It's Dragonball. With everything that made it bad (4-5 episode power ups that contributed nothing but length) cut out. Basically, it'll be like the manga. I dont' know, but I'll probably like it a lot.
« Last Edit: 06 April, 2009, 06:19:50 am by I_like_Medusa » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ahriman
« Reply #1 on: 06 April, 2009, 06:32:38 am »

I've watched the new FMA, DB Kai, and Shin Mazinger Impact. I found the first episode of the new FMA less impressive than the first episode of the original series, but it was still good. DB Kai was basically like the original first episode with added clips from DB and the Bardock special and whatever unnecessary filler cut out. Shin Mazinger Impact was pretty cool but they did one of those things where they show the ending first and I have no idea what's going on.

And I may need to watch Shangri La because that boomerang sounds badass.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #2 on: 06 April, 2009, 06:38:03 am »

What kind of anime is Shin Mazinger Impact?

And you should give it a try I think. Of the new line up, it could be my favorite that isn't FMA.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #3 on: 06 April, 2009, 06:39:28 am »

Super robot, so of course I was obligated to watch it.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #4 on: 06 April, 2009, 06:40:27 am »

I should try that as well.

TOO MANY SERIES I WANT TO FOLLOW
Report Spam   Logged

TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #5 on: 06 April, 2009, 06:53:03 pm »

THE END OF THE MAZINGER EPISODE WAS SO BADASS I ABOUT **** MYSELF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP2fcAAEoGE

GET UP, MAZINGER Z! WE CAN'T LOSE! WE CAN'T BE CRUSHED! SAYAKA! BOSS! EVERYONE! LET'S FIGHT! COME IF YOU DARE, DR. HELL! GRAMPS SAID IT, "AS LONG AS YOU HAVE MAZINGER Z, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO THE WORLD. YOU CAN BECOME A GOD OR A DEMON." BUT I'M DEFINITELY NO GOD. AND I DON'T WANT TO BECOME SOME DEMON. HOWEVER, I WILL FIGHT! TO PRESERVE THE PEACE OF THIS WORLD, ALONG WITH MAZINGER Z!
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #6 on: 10 April, 2009, 05:30:52 pm »

While both are somewhat outdated by now (the latter has already finished, in fact), I'm watching Sora Kake Girl and Maria+Holic. Haven't seen much of either, though. >_>

I'm uh, not with the Spring '09 scene. Kinda don't care about any of it, either.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #7 on: 10 April, 2009, 05:55:34 pm »

This is the first season where I'm following over one show tbh.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: