Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 03:23:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown Day 41: Scorpion vs. D

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown Day 41: Scorpion vs. D  (Read 330 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 08 April, 2009, 09:52:25 pm »

You know how this goes. Vote for who you think would win in an all-out battle to the death.

Note that as this is a Who-Would-Win based tournament, it would be appreciated if you read and take part in the debate on tactics and fighting ability before voting; you can change your vote any time you want before the polls close. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

If anyone feels like they absolutely have to write out a battle themselves, feel free to send me what you have in mind, and I'll probably enjoy the day off. 

Now then, on to battle!

Scorpion

Scorpion: Mortal Kombat: A hell-spawned revenant seeking revenge for the destruction of his clan, Scorpion is a dangerous foe, willing to ally himself with anyone who can help him with his vengeance. Scorpion has shown himself to be capable of creating and manipulating fire, using it to greatly enhance his fighting style. He also is very skilled in his use of weapons, always carrying a spike attached to a rope which he uses to draw in foes. His previous opponents have found it hard to kill what is already dead. Toasty!

In the last round, Scorpion defeated Sho Minamimoto, finding the Reaper a difficult opponent to face, Scorpion used his sheer skill to prevent Sho from using his ultimate attack before quickly finishing the match with his Hellspawn might.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpion_(Mortal_Kombat_character)

D

D: Vampire Hunter D: D is a dhampir, the half-breed child of a vampire father and human mother, therefore he makes the ideal vampire hunter. He is renowned for his consummate skill and unearthly grace, but feared and despised for his mixed lineage: born of both races but belonging to neither. Often underestimated by his opponents, D has surprising power and resourcefulness, possessing most of the strengths and only mild levels of vampiric weaknesses. It has been seen in both movies that his power is not only physical, but extends into magic as well; his magical powers make him one of the strongest beings on earth if not the second strongest second only to his father. However he prefers his physical powers, only using his magic in time of great pain or stress.

In the last round, D defeated both Thor and Luffy in a Free For All match. D teamed up with Luffy to take down the Thunder God before swiftly beating the Straw Hat Captain in a one-on-one fight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Hunter_D

Round 1:
Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator 10-9
Day 2: Adol Christins vs. D 1-13
Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine 9-6
Day 4: Rikuo vs. Luke Cage 2-12
Day 5: Omega Rugal vs. Baraka 11-2
Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader 5-9
Day 7: Rey Mysterio vs. Hulk Hogan 3-9
Day 8: Hiro Nakamura vs. Thor 5-11
Day 9: Lobo vs. Blackheart 7-5
Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost 4-6
Day 11: Jack Bauer vs. Deadpool 4-8
Day 12: The Hulk vs. Morrigan 9-7
Day 13: Raistlin Majere vs. Brock Sampson 3-9
Day 14: Sho Minamimoto vs. The T-800 11-4
Day 15: Scorpion vs. Natsu 9-7
Day 16: Gordon Freeman vs. Apocalypse 3-10
Day 17: Jackie Chan vs. Freddy Krueger 8-7
Day 18: Lucy/Nyu vs. Drizzt 11-0
Day 19: Akuma vs. Naruto 6-8
Day 20: V vs. Shuma-Gorath 2-11
Day 21: Squall vs. Dizzy 2-9
Day 22: Alucard vs. Sylar 8-5
Day 23: Samus Aran vs. Optimus Prime 9-7
Day 24: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Carnage 7-4
Day 25: HK-47 vs. Neo 4-11

Round 2:
Day 26: Omega Rugal vs. Lobo 8-4
Day 27: Naruto vs. Alucard 4-11
Day 28: The Hulk vs. Brock Sampson 12-2
Day 29: Shuma-Gorath vs. Samus Aran 9-6
Day 30: Apocalypse vs. Dizzy 10-4
Day 31: Hulk Hogan vs. The Flash 2-9
Day 32: Sho Minamimoto vs. Scorpion 4-7
Day 33: Lucy/Nyu vs. Jackie Chan 8-3
Day 34: Bruce Lee vs. Deadpool 5-9
Day 35: Luke Cage vs. Darth Vader 2-9
Day 36: Space Ghost vs. Neo 7-5
Day 37: Thor vs. Luffy vs. D 7-3-8

Round 3:
Day 38: Alucard vs. Darth Vader 8-7
Day 39: Apocalypse vs. The Hulk 10-5
Day 40: Space Ghost vs. The Flash 9-6
Day 41: Scorpion vs. D
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 08 April, 2009, 09:52:48 pm »

Space Ghost strolled through the streets of Metropolis with hotdog in hand as he toured the area.

“You know, I like this city. Fresh air, clear skies, and this delicious completely-not-nutritious hotdog.” Space Ghost chimed as he prepared to take a bite out of the object of his desires.

Suddenly a red-gold blur filled the street as Space Ghost bit flavorlessly into the air. Space Ghost looked along the sidewalk to see similar reactions amongst other citizens who were holding food only moments before. On the opposite side of the street, a man wearing entirely gold-red spandex stood contentedly.

“Stop law-breaker!” Space Ghost shouted at The Flash as he ran across the street, his wrist band pointed at the perpetrator, “Give me back my wiener!”

“Your what?” The Flash asked, his eyes going wide.

“My hotdog damnit! I know you have it,” Space Ghost proclaimed, his wrist band pointing threateningly at the fastest man alive.

“Oh thank God,” The Flash said in relief, “I thought you were talking about, er… nevermind. Anyway, I can’t give it back. I already ate it, that’s the drawback to a hyper-fast metabolism,”

Space Ghost’s eyes narrowed with the pure hatred of a cop deprived of his lunch as he prepared his wrist band, “Then prepare to be prosecuted to the fullest and most ridiculous extent of the law!”

The wrist band glowed briefly before releasing a deadly ray that blasted a decent sized hole in the building.

“Wow,” The Flash said as he leaned on the building’s wall a couple feet away, “Don’t you think this is going a little far?”

“Nah, killing someone over a stolen hotdog is like, five minutes of paperwork tops,” Space Ghost assured as another blast was fired at the Speedster.

The Flash cleanly ducked the blast as he threw his fist into Space Ghost, sending the Officer tumbling through the air before he managed to catch himself mid-flight.

“That’s assaulting an Officer!” Space Ghost shouted as he cast an accusing finger.

“Aren’t you already gonna kill me?” The Flash defended.

“Good point!” A quick volley of blasts flew at the Flash as he dodged the oncoming fire with ease before picking up a rock and hurling it at the airborne Space Ghost, causing him to tumble to the ground.

“Face it! You can’t hit me ‘cause I’m the fastest thing alive! Blue Hedgehog’s got nothin’ on me despite popular belief,” The Flash bragged.

“Oh yeah?” Space Ghost said as he got to his feet, “Well now you see me, now you don’t!” Space Ghost said as he disappeared from view. The Flash glanced around in all directions as he looked for his opponent. His search was interrupted by a blast that hit him square in the back, causing him to fall forward.

“Up here scumbag!” Space Ghost shouted from the top of a nearby building. The Flash quickly got to his feet and ran through the building to the roof in seconds flat. Reaching the top to see Space Ghost on the roof of the building on the opposite side of the street.

“No? Must be over here then!” Space Ghost shouted, giving The Flash a wave. The Flash quickly ran over to the other roof, only to once again find Space Ghost nowhere in sight.

“Where are you now!?” The Flash shouted in annoyance.

“Still here,” Space Ghost whispered from behind as he delivered a blast point-blank to the back of The Flash’s head, causing the Speedster to fall to the floor as Space Ghost deactivated his invisibility.

“Ugh! Can’t… move…” The Flash grunted.

“That’s because of the Kinetic Energy Force Field I covered your sorry ass with you villainous nave!” Space Ghost bragged, trying to use impressive words.

Space Ghost armed his Anti-Matter Ray and aimed it at the entrapped Flash, firing the final shot that ended the hero.

“But alas,” Space Ghost pined, “Though avenged, my hotdog was still lost. I may never again come across such a delicious sight as- hold on, is that a pretzel vendor?”
Report Spam   Logged

GSD
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

GSD

« Reply #2 on: 08 April, 2009, 09:54:24 pm »

Scorp.
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #3 on: 08 April, 2009, 09:58:11 pm »

D
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #4 on: 08 April, 2009, 10:02:57 pm »

Blast.

I desire Alucard vs D but.... I can't see him beating Scorpion. Alucard I can see taking him, but he's got more powers an weapons and stuff.

*weeps*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #5 on: 08 April, 2009, 10:04:23 pm »

Could go either way with this one. Once again Scorp's fire is borderline useless since D's Left Hand could simply absorb it and add it to D's own power. But as we've seen, strength-wise, Scorpion is usually on a whole other level.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #6 on: 08 April, 2009, 10:07:18 pm »

Could go either way with this one. Once again Scorp's fire is borderline useless since D's Left Hand could simply absorb it and add it to D's own power. But as we've seen, strength-wise, Scorpion is usually on a whole other level.

I forgot about that...

Still though...

gah *removes vote, waits for further discussion/points to be made*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #7 on: 08 April, 2009, 10:13:21 pm »

I dunno, D's powers are still freakishly ambiguous. Especially Left Hand.

I'm gonna try to do more research and see what I can find, but so far, it's not entirely clear.

Edit: Here's what I pulled from Wiki. Once again, not exactly the clearest explanation:

Left Hand is the fictional character of a symbiote lodged in the hand of the character D, first introduced in the series of eighteen novels of Hideyuki Kikuchi called Vampire Hunter D. Left Hand, does though perform many important duties in the story. He uses to D's advantage his special psychic abilities, and often extracts truth and veritable bits of information that aid D on his wanderings. There are times when Left Hand must 'recharge' or regain his/its strength in order to perform. At these times D must combine wind, earth, fire and water for Left Hand to devour.

In the very first book D is staked and essentially killed/drained of all life. His left hand comes to his rescue (though it was severed from the arm) and eats a mound of soil that itself digs from the ground, and sucks in a large amount of air. It mildly complains of how long it will take due to having only two of the four, (that would be the elements required). This eventually brings D back to life.

In the later novels the more psychic aspects of Left Hand are revealed, as is the power of said Hand.
« Last Edit: 08 April, 2009, 10:16:26 pm by Gaffit » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #8 on: 08 April, 2009, 10:27:09 pm »

We are the D
We are the D
We are the D
We are the D
WE ARE THE D! *Insert guitar noises*

Also, if anybody here has ever seen Bloodlust, I can guarantee that D's strength can keep up. And especially his magic.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #9 on: 08 April, 2009, 10:32:24 pm »

We are the D
We are the D
We are the D
We are the D
WE ARE THE D! *Insert guitar noises*

Also, if anybody here has ever seen Bloodlust, I can guarantee that D's strength can keep up. And especially his magic.

Can you specify his magic? That's what I'm having a tough time finding a description of. If D can disable Scorpion from using his fire through absorption while utilizing his own magic, that may throw the match in D's favor.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #10 on: 08 April, 2009, 10:53:52 pm »

Um...the two things that I can remember best about D's individual magic is that he has the power to charm (Sex beam, anyone?), as well as create a magical shield for himself.

As for Left Hand, what I know best about it is that it create a sort of vortex that sucks in surrounding things, eating them. Fire would definitely be included.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #11 on: 09 April, 2009, 02:28:53 am »

Interesting, so since D and Scorpion have comparable fighting strength/ability/weaponry as well as D's left hand countering Scorpion's fire abilities, I think it all comes down to D's Magic vs. Scorpion's Teleportation.
Report Spam   Logged

flamesnake
Elite Member

Mood: Dead

RERO RERO

« Reply #12 on: 09 April, 2009, 05:27:45 pm »

Gosh

Scorpion barely relies on his fire abilities
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #13 on: 09 April, 2009, 07:16:26 pm »

Gosh

Mostly because everything he has sucks.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #14 on: 09 April, 2009, 07:37:53 pm »

Gosh

Mostly because everything he has sucks.

Coming from a completely unbiased point of view of course.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: