Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:57:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What Salty does in his spare time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Salty does in his spare time.  (Read 6450 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« on: 20 April, 2009, 07:38:50 pm »

This is the topic where I'll talk about all of the anime/manga that I've recently read/seen. Of course, seeing as how it's me, this will mostly be about manga.

Firstly, I've just recently finished reading my way through all of the extant scanlations of Berserk. To put it simply, Berserk is the most GORY, ****ED UP, AND EPIC manga that I have read up to this moment. You think you've seen ****ed up worlds? You haven't read Berserk. You think you know characters who have bad **** happen to them? You haven't read Berserk. You think you've seen BFS's? You haven't read Berserk. You think that the combat in your favorite piece is gory and brutal? You haven't read Berserk. Not to mention, it has some of THE best manga artwork I have EVER SEEN. Worth. The. Time.

And, just today, I read the latest chapter of Kuroshi-tsuji. Black Butler to you non-weeaboos. Now, I've been following this manga for a while, and I rather like it. However, this last chapter has not only managed to confirm some of my deepest suspicions about the nature of Ciel's backstory, it's actually set up the reveal of the nature of his servants that I've been expecting for some time now. And it is AWESOME.

~Salty
« Last Edit: 13 December, 2009, 02:18:56 am by His Saltiness, Salty the Man » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1 on: 20 April, 2009, 08:38:37 pm »

My cousin is obsessed with Berserk. I plan on reading the manga and watching the anime sometime. Isn't it really deep?
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2 on: 20 April, 2009, 08:44:48 pm »

My cousin is obsessed with Berserk. I plan on reading the manga and watching the anime sometime. Isn't it really deep?
I'll put it this way. The anime covers about....half of the manga. And the manga is more than 200 chapters long. Deep....I'll leave that judgment up to you. However, it's very much a mature manga.

And, now for something new. I just caught up on a manga that piqued my interest a while ago, by the name of Franken Fran. The basic premise is that of Fran Madaraki, who quite resembles Frankenstein's Monster. She is a medical doctor, dedicated to saving peoples lives and fufilling their wishes. However, while she values life, she doesn't exactly comprehend the whole "quality of life" thing. As such, her results can be....messy. Not for the weak of stomach.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #3 on: 21 April, 2009, 02:24:53 am »

This topic needs moar pictures of cross-dressing Ciel.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #4 on: 25 April, 2009, 12:41:50 am »

*Punts Manic*

No, it doesn't.

AND now for something completely different.

I would like to introduce you to two new mangas for you to enjoy.

First up is Kekkaishi, a shounen manga about a boy from a clan of Kekkai (barrier) users, as well as his female counterpart, and their quest to protect Karasumori, their school/shrine. Jam-packed with good storytelling, interesting characters, and lots of fighting (it's suprising what they can do with barriers, I tell ya), not to mention an expansive backstory, this manga has run for over 250 chapters at last notice. And yes, it's a good shounen series.

And the other one is Zetman, a rather dark and gory Seinen manga. It follows the story of two children, Jin Kanzaki and Kouga Amagi, who just happen to be complete opposites, and their respective journeys to become heroes in their own way. Of course, since this is a Seinen manga, all does not go well. Filled with personal trauma, gratuitous death and dismemberment, and lectures about why you suck at the drop of the hat, there's barely enough room for the transforming artificial human fights. Oh, and did I mention that said transfoming creatures have an appetite for death and destruction? They do.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #5 on: 25 April, 2009, 03:52:47 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #6 on: 20 May, 2009, 07:10:24 pm »

Yes, that is, in fact, the anime/manga I have been talking about. And as to what I was referring to before, about the nature of the Ciel's servants? Well, let me give you a little background before I give you the link that I have just recently acquired.

Now, the Phantomhive family (that would be Ciel) has five servants. One is the butler, Sebastian. He is not involved in this chapter, but he's VERY present in the rest of the manga, and he's already awesome.

As for the others:
  • There is Tanaka, a rather Japanese servant, who happens to be Ciel's former butler, and is now mostly seen sipping tea and laughing, for no explained reason.
  • There is Finni, a rather androgynous young boy who happens to be employed as a gardener, but, unfortunately, doesn't seem to know the first thing about gardening. He normally ends up killing all of the vegetation around him for one reason or another.
  • Then there is the maid, Mey Lin. She dresses in a rather stereotypical French maid outfit, and seems to be have very bad eyesight, for all that she wears thick glasses (Meganekko, yum!) Unfortunately for her chosen position, she's rather clumsy and usually ends up breaking everything.
  • And finally, there is Bard, the chef. Most chefs at least know how to cook. Not so, cries Bard. His exploits include an attempt to use a flamethrower to roast turkey. You can guess how that goes.

And then, there is this. http://www.onemanga.com/Kuroshitsuji/32/29/
Read on from that point until you run out, and you will see pure AWESOME.

More to come later.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #7 on: 20 May, 2009, 10:57:47 pm »

Some of these actually sound really appealing. Especially that Berserk you're talking about.

I haven't viewed any anime or read any manga in a long time.. although I do have a lot more free time nowadays. Maybe it's time to start again.
Oh, they are, they are.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #8 on: 08 August, 2009, 12:40:53 am »

So I just finished watching Kaze no Stigma. A decent series, but not as good as I'd heard it was. Also, the pointlessly angsty tsundere was just annoying, no matter how she may be the main character.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #9 on: 08 August, 2009, 12:42:52 am »

Hm, I guess I should finish reading that...

Didn't look like it'd be anything mind-blowingly awesome, though.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #10 on: 13 December, 2009, 02:25:44 am »

My god, I've let this thing die. Guess I might as well post some new content. It's sure deserves at least that much.

So, I've recently been watching the English dub of Yumeria! Now, it's a typical harem anime, if a bit mixed with shounen, though that part's the least interesting part about it. The best part, at least in my own humble opinion, is how incredibly freakin' INSANE most of the main characters are, and how much lulz it brings to me. I swear, I laugh more watching 30 minutes in each episode than I usually do in a couple of days. Of course, I haven't finished it yet, but it's so good that I really don't want to.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #11 on: 13 December, 2009, 10:47:52 pm »

Here's a little taste of Zetman. You might just get why I like it so much.

Report Spam   Logged

k3v
just k3v
Holy Ruler

Mood: Relaxed

K3V

« Reply #12 on: 14 December, 2009, 07:52:45 pm »

THIS TOPIC NEEDS MORE MAYA AND AYA
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #13 on: 14 December, 2009, 07:54:36 pm »

Ayu and Mayu?
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #14 on: 14 December, 2009, 10:22:09 pm »

Ayu and Mayu?
Wait, what?

Also, Ushio and Tora. You should read it or watch the anime. It doesn't look very good, but it's at least rewarding to watch it for the sheer comedy of the main character's interactions.

And I don't even want to get started on JJBA...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: