Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 11:49:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The BP Antagonists Vs. Protagonists Tournament Nominations!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The BP Antagonists Vs. Protagonists Tournament Nominations!  (Read 2237 times)
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« on: 24 April, 2009, 03:21:18 pm »

Ok first I'll tell you the ground rules for nominating.

1. 2 Protagonists and 2 Antagonists from any anime.

2. The character must have some fighting skills or at least some sort of offence. If a character uses a mech to fight then they can fight with their mech. Don't worry if they aren't that powerful of a fighter. The way the fights will work will help me set up balanced fights so don't worry about that until it gets to the final round....

3. Post your noms here in this topic.

Ok I think that covers that....

Let me explain how this is going to work....

Think of it as two divisions, protagonists and antagonists.
Everyday there will be two fights for each division BUT they won't be fighting their opponent to win they'll be fighting a member of the opposite division.
If say the two fights have an antagonist win one and a protagonist win the other then both of those characters will win their division match. If the results are the same for the two fights then the winner of each division will be the one with the higher vote percentage.

Feel free to ask questions.

Since I'm still new to anime I'm gonna need help here with character descriptions and sorting and balancing the fights.
Report Spam   Logged

~esh

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

HyperOmar
« Reply #1 on: 24 April, 2009, 03:47:43 pm »

I voted for this! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2009, 03:49:26 pm »

I voted for this! Grin

Is it meeting your no doubt high expectations so far?
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #3 on: 24 April, 2009, 04:04:10 pm »

You care if I run an Opening and/or Ending tourney?

Anyway, nominations.
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Negi Springfield (Mahou Sensei Negima!)
Enel/Eneru (One Piece)
Xanxus (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
« Last Edit: 25 April, 2009, 05:59:55 pm by America » Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Disappointed

I'm5Bass

« Reply #4 on: 24 April, 2009, 04:13:10 pm »

Format:
Name Of Character (anime)- Description

2 Antagonists:

Johan Libert (Monster)-(too lazy to write own description so here's what Wiki has)
Johan Liebert is the namesake "monster" of the story and the mystery of his past is the focus of the plot. He has been called a monster, the next Stalin and even the devil himself. Johan Liebert was shot in the head at a young age but saved from death by Dr. Tenma. Because of this, he regards Dr. Tenma almost as though he was his father. He has spent portions of his life in different places under different aliases and possesses an extraordinary level of charisma and intelligence. He uses his gifts to cruelly manipulate and corrupt others, often with no apparent end other than to cause suffering and destruction. His goal, as he stated when he was young, is to be the last one standing at the end of the world. One of the themes of Monster is how individuals are capable of transforming into monsters; Johan often acts as both a direct and indirect catalyst for this transformation.

Note: If Johan doesn't win, I call blasphemy and will forever leave this site.  

Light Yagami (Death Note) *possible spoilers*-
The smartest high school student in Japan.  Bored, he one day finds a book called the "Death Note" and discovers its power to kill anyone whose name is written in it.  His obsession with the book quickly evolves into a plot to create a "perfect" world "without crime" where he could "be a god".  Extremely cunning and quick witted he often has a back-up plan for his back-up plans.  He eventually shows no remose for who he kills, so long as he can become a God and be in control of the world.  Despite being the main character of the series and you generally follow his action, I would most certainly place him on the antagonist side of things due to his disturbing demenour and generally disgusting nature.  

Note:  I would have put something in as a joke, instead of Light,  but couldn't think of anything. >.>

2 Protagonists:

Dr. Kenzou Tenma (Monster)- (again taken from wiki *possible spoilers* and could probably be greatly edited for character description)
Doctor Kenzou Tenma is a Japanese neurosurgeon working at the Eisler Memorial Hospital in Düsseldorf. At the beginning of Monster he is favored by the department director for his prodigious surgical skill. After a crisis of conscience, he chooses to save the life of a young boy instead of the city's mayor, and is unjustly demoted as a result; he then becomes a suspect for murder when the department director and several prominent doctors are killed weeks later. It is only after nine years that Dr. Tenma learns the perpetrator of the hospital murders is none other than the boy he saved years before, Johan Liebert. Plagued by guilt, he resolves to find Johan and end the life of this "monster" he feels responsible for creating. Despite his mission, Dr. Tenma is a humanitarian who genuinely cares about the lives of others. These acts of kindness make him very influential with the people he meets. Not much is known about Tenma's childhood; however, when he was growing up in Japan, he was constantly getting picked on and had a habit of wetting his pants. This earned him the nickname of "Sissy Pants Tenma". As well, Kenzo's father and brother were also doctors, though Tenma was not close to his family and his family ties have grown weaker as he had not been back in Japan since he left to Germany. It is unknown how much time passed between Tenma becoming a certified doctor to when he started as an attending surgeon at Eisler Memorial Hospital. However, it soon became evident to his superiors Kenzo was perhaps the best neurosurgeon on staff, and he would quickly be promoted to Chief of Neurosurgery and at the same time he meets Eva. Tenma also has some acquaintances from Japan who occasionally visit Tenma while on business, but it is not known how close his friendship with these people is. In his journey to kill Johan, he comes incredibly close on a number of occasions only to have Johan slip away. (my added bit)  He does fight in the anime.  Not much, but he does.  And he uses guns. >.>

Note: *see note for Johan*

Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)-
She's super cool.  Fights with guitars and guns and stuff.
>.>

Note: I need more notes.

I don't have the time to write long blurbs.

Note: Is anyone else going to follow the description rule? >.>
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the "First Person To Leave Dmax Speechless" Badge

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #5 on: 24 April, 2009, 04:14:41 pm »

It doesn't say to describe them... but I'll do it later anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #6 on: 24 April, 2009, 04:16:28 pm »

Since I'm still new to anime I'm gonna need help here with character descriptions and sorting and balancing the fights.

Says that right at the end.

Report Spam   Logged

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
HyperOmar
« Reply #7 on: 24 April, 2009, 04:22:21 pm »

I voted for this! Grin

Is it meeting your no doubt high expectations so far?
I suspose.
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #8 on: 24 April, 2009, 04:34:50 pm »

You don't have to at all.... But it helps alot!
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm5Bass

« Reply #9 on: 24 April, 2009, 04:35:57 pm »

You made me waste time for nothing Simpson! NOTHING!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #10 on: 24 April, 2009, 04:40:32 pm »

You made me waste time for nothing Simpson! NOTHING!!!
Gah.....er.....I-I-I....S-s-s-sorry.....

I-I-I promise that all your noms will make it into the tournament and that their matches will be fair A-A-AND I'll use those descriptions!

*runs*
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Ahriman
« Reply #11 on: 24 April, 2009, 06:44:33 pm »

I'll just nominate and describe later if I need to.

Shiki Tohno (Tsukihime)-Protagonist
Simon (with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann of course <_<) (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)-Protagonist
Master Asia (Mobile Fighter G Gundam)-Antagonist
Gilgamesh (Fate/Stay Night)-Antagonist

Technically two of the characters I nominated are visual novel characters, but they both had anime adaptations and Type-Moon characters just have awesome powers.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #12 on: 24 April, 2009, 07:27:57 pm »

Protagonists:

Warsman(Ultimate Muscle)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsman
Abilities:
Superhuman Strength, Speed, and Agility
Infinite Stamina for thirty minutes(Robot)
Wolverine Claws

Batou(Ghost in the Shell)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batou
Abilities:
Steven Seagal with white hair

Antagonists:

Captain Ginyu(Dragonball Z)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dragon_Ball_characters#Ginyu_Force
Abilities:
Superhuman Strength, Endurance, Speed, and Stamina
Flight
Ki Blasts
Body Swap(Change nao!)

Dio Brando(Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dio_Brando
Abilities:
Infinite Knives
The World(Superhuman Strength, Senses, and Stamina, Time Stopping, Some Degree of Psychic)
Report Spam   Logged

GSD
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

GSD

« Reply #13 on: 24 April, 2009, 10:09:12 pm »

Roronora Zoro - Protagonist(One Piece)
Doronjo - Antagonist(Yatterman)
Ippo Makunouchi - Protagonist(Hajime no Ippo)
Corcodile - Antagonist(One Piece)

Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Enel/Eneru (One Piece)
I was gonna use them... D:
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #14 on: 24 April, 2009, 10:11:13 pm »

I can swap them out for someone else if you'd like...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: