Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 10:26:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Shinobi's Art Stuffs

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shinobi's Art Stuffs  (Read 12493 times)
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Mood: Grateful

Rotom!

« Reply #285 on: 16 July, 2011, 04:09:27 pm »

Panbolt

Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #286 on: 17 July, 2011, 03:46:01 am »

Simibolt

Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #287 on: 17 July, 2011, 09:51:11 pm »

Damnit, the only decent looking elemental monkey isn't real.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #288 on: 26 July, 2011, 02:46:17 am »

Been playing around with Black Shade's design lately. I think I like the robe look instead of pants that hide his feet. 

Black Shade is the main antagonist of Team Powerz. Shade possesses the Element of Darkness, and is the Guardian of the Star Shadusk.

Before the main timeline of Team Powerz, Shade wasn’t evil at all. He existed in peace with the other Elemental Guardians in the star system since the beginning of their time. For a while, Shade was always slightly stronger than everyone else. The situation began to change when most of the Guardian’s powers started to fully develop. Shade noticed that most of the Guardians had achieved what they call the “Elemental Limit Breakthrough”, which is claimed to be every Elemental’s “state of true potential”. Like Steel and Shinah (Steel’s sister), Shade never achieved Breakthrough. Despite this, Steel and Shinah were just as strong as the other Elemental Guardians.

Shade was now the weakest Guardian. The realization of that consumed him. He thought of nothing except how to get stronger. He couldn’t figure out why his powers seemed to have stopped developing, yet Steel and Shinah’s power continue to grow without the help of a Breakthrough. At first, he didn’t value power because he always had it, but now things were different. Power was all that mattered now. Blinded by envy, confusion, and frustration, Shade decided to do the unthinkable; absorb the core of his own Star. The entire star system quaked as Shadusk’s energy filled his body.  Shade and Shadusk barely survived the process, but the absorption was mostly successful…

Shade’s powers instantly grew three times as strong, but something must have gone wrong. Even then, Shade realized he still couldn’t activate his Breakthrough. Seconds later, something shifted within him. Darkness energy began to erupt from all over his body, and his mind began to fade. The sudden jump in power was too much for Shade to handle. Struggling to contain the extra power and remain conscious, Shade teleported to Alloy, Steel and Shinah’s Star. Shade appeared before them, desperate for help. After a brief moment of shock when realizing what Shade had done, Steel quickly made chains from the metal of his own body. Steel then began to fit the chains on Shade. “These hollow chains will act as a seal, while holding all this extra power your body can’t handle. You must wear these if you want to stay in control.” It was already too late. Shade lost control and dashed towards the unsuspecting Shinah with murderous intent. Steel couldn’t react in time.  Just before his claws reached her throat, he suddenly vanished. “Shadusk and Shade are now one and the same…he can’t spend too much time away before he is forced to return.” Steel looks down and spots a piece of chain on the floor that must have fell off Shade. It still contained Darkness energy…

Over time, Shades mind became more corrupted. Obtaining so much power and being trapped on Shadusk has changed his views. He didn’t have any regrets; he only wished he had done this sooner. “I was so foolish. All I wanted to do was live here quietly and rule over my Star. Absorbing Shadusk’s core and being imprisoned here has opened my eyes. According to Steel’s silly research logs, there are many Stars beyond our system. With this power, why should I limit myself to rule over just one?” Thus, Shade began to formulate a new plan; a plan that first involves him gaining even more power…

The power of Shadusk has granted Shade various new abilities, such as the power to create his own dimension and sight sharing with fellow Elementals, but he only needed one of them for his plan to work. Shade now controls life and death of the Elementals that inhabit Shadusk. If he wishes, he can make it so they never die, or at least never stay dead. “We Elemental Guardians are all very different, but we do have one thing in common. We all want our Stars to stay out of harm’s way. I’m sure they will yield to me once my immortal army fades their world to black.” Shade was right. Realizing there was nothing else they could do, they gave in to Shades demands in hopes of peace. Thus, the 6 Elemental Fragments were created, at the cost of half their creator’s power. Upon the Fragments creation, the star system quaked again. The balance of the star system was disrupted for the second time. A strange white dust descended upon the Stars that prevented every living creature from gaining or losing their current power. The Guardia Cloud (the stretch of dust that encircles the star system) has passed judgment. In order to prevent further imbalance, its Power Seal was put into effect. “With the power of all the Elements, I will transcend even the concept of Breakthrough! My lack of a Breakthrough only means my potential must be limitless! I will become a being that Shadusk, nor the Guardia Cloud can contain. I have the power to create my own dimension, one which the Guardia Cloud cant govern! I will simply absorb the Fragments there, and become Master of the Elements. Soon, nothing will be beyond my reach! ” Shade didn’t require a Fragment from Steel and Shinah, as the chains he always wears has given him affinity with metal already. Steel was anticipating such a result when he made the chains, but he found relief in knowing his Light Element was still a secret to all but himself. He knew that would be the key to stopping Shade if the chains failed. It was crucial for Steel to keep secrets, even from Shinah, as Shade’s original ability was to read memories (not real time mind reading). This power didn’t work on Steel because of the Light Element, and only through proximity, Shinah was immune as well. Shade just assumed that it was because of the Metal Element…

Before Shade could safely absorb the fragments, they had to be purified. Steel and his technology was the only way that would happen. Once purified, Steel planned to infuse Light energy into the Fragments. Doing so would cause a rejection reaction if Shade were to absorb them, creating a window for Steel to end his life. He kept this plan a secret so there would be no way of Shade finding out by memory scanning the others. “To destroy a being who has achieved power by doing the unthinkable, one must do the same.” Steel absorbed a few links of the chain Shade left behind back into his own body, allowing him use of the Darkness Element. The Light Element canceled out all negative affects doing so would have had on Steel. Thanks to the Power Seal, Steel didn’t get any stronger, he just gained a third Element.  The most deadly power Shadusk granted Shade is the Dark Defiance ability. DD is a multi-layered shield of Darkness energy than changes in density to auto-block any degree of attack, except Darkness energy itself. Seeing no harm in doing so, Shade revealed how DD works to the Guardians who decided to team up and fight back. “Coating an attack in Darkness Element would allow me to bypass DD. I’m the only one at full power with the ability to stop Shade…everything depends on me now”. Before the plan even entered stage two, something went wrong. The Fragments couldn’t be contained, and now the Guardians must leave the safety of the Guardia Cloud to pursue them. The story’s main timeline begins with the Fragments just about to escape, and continues from there.

~Team Powerz Summary: The Guardia Star System is at war, and there’s only 1 way to end it. A Guardian has defected, and is now demanding the powers of the others in trade for peace. Unable to stop him and his immortal forces, they take the deal, but something goes wrong during the preparations. 9 aliens disguised as human teens travel to Earth in pursuit of 6 fragments of power that could change the fate of the Universe. By the time they arrived, 6 High School Freshman have ended up as hosts for the fragments. With no immediate way to take back what they lost, destruction surely awaits if they return empty handed. The Guardian’s last hope is…Team Powerz!?

Black Shades abilities:
1.   Memory Scan: Shade’s only original ability. It can’t reveal real time thoughts, just the memories of the target.
2.   Dark Defiance: A semi-absolute defense that auto-blocks all but darkness energy.
3.   Awakening: Shade can “awaken” his own energy attacks- or the energy attacks of others-into living creatures to fight for him. More energy = a stronger Elemental.
4.   Sight Link: Shade can link what other Elementals of Shadusk are seeing to his own vision. He relied on this power to stay updated on the other Guardians developments while he was trapped on Shadusk.
5.   Materialize: Shade can solidify his own energy into structures or weapons, as well as reconstruct missing body parts and organs. This ability is reinforced thanks to his affiliation with Metal.
6.   Darkness Dimension: Shade’s massive energy force has allowed him to create his own dimension. By cutting open portals, he can link various locations together with tunnels made up of his dimension space. 
7.   Shadow Coat: An alternative to DD. It auto-repels energy attacks of any Element after the body has received the attack. This is mainly used to force close combat.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #289 on: 29 July, 2011, 03:10:19 am »

An action drawing of Shade, as he appears without chains.

For now, he grows wings and longer hair in this form.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #290 on: 29 July, 2011, 07:16:54 pm »

I'd complain about the cliche of wings, but I have to admit that I can't help but think that they always add to the cool factor of just about any character.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #291 on: 29 July, 2011, 08:19:43 pm »

I think wings are a great way to symbolize a "higher being".
In Shade's case, they used as visual proof of his mastery of all Elements later in the series,
and also how much of Shadusk's power he's tapping into before he achieves Master of Elements.

When Shade shatters the chains around his arms and legs, one pair of wings grow.
Breaking the chain that runs down his coat splits the wings into another pair.
Destroying the chain belt makes the final pair.
« Last Edit: 29 July, 2011, 08:26:48 pm by ShinobiNinjaX » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #292 on: 29 July, 2011, 08:31:12 pm »

Oh trust me, I know all about the symbolism of wings, and how much power they have like that. I was just commenting on the ubiquity of them, and throwing in a little dig at my own lack of innovation in design.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #293 on: 29 July, 2011, 08:50:26 pm »

Ahh.

Yeah, they do seem to get used often.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #294 on: 29 July, 2011, 09:28:09 pm »

This is **** amazing.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #295 on: 29 July, 2011, 09:54:46 pm »

Thanks.

b'-')b
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #296 on: 23 August, 2011, 11:28:15 am »

Here's a picture of Zapp's Version Black Heart form. Rather than starting from scratch, I just took the picture of Zapp I posted a while ago and altered the color scheme. Nothing changed much since his initial design, except now I've decided to make his eye color white instead of yellow like his skin.

Shortly before the two groups (Guardians and the 6 high school freshmen) meet for the first time, Zack spots Steel (human form) taking suspicious items into the woods behind the senior’s building during lunch. After doing some solo investigating Zack discovers that Steel was using the old abandoned mobile home in the woods to stash strange technology. Among the alien tech was a small glass container holding the remaining links of Shade's chain that Steel didn’t absorb. The dark energy flickered as Zack reached for the container out of curiosity. Just as he touched the glass, the dark energy leaped from the chain and through the glass, right into Zack's body. Zack fled from the old mobile home as a black lightning bolt-shaped scar appeared on his chest. Steel was actually expecting Shade's energy to fade soon anyway, so when he returned to find it gone, he didn’t think much of it. In a matter of minutes the dark energy grew stronger and became a permanent part of Zack. Shade's energy couldn’t fully fuse with Zack because he managed to resist its initial attempt to take over his body. As a result, it developed its own identity and will using the very darkest parts of Zack's heart. Black Heart Zapp is able to surface and take control of the body once Zack becomes too physically exhausted to suppress him. Upon acquiring the Darkness Element, Zapp became unable to use his Breakthrough.
Report Spam   Logged

GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #297 on: 27 August, 2011, 11:10:06 pm »

How much work goes into the actual comic making?

CAUSE I WANT MOAR
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #298 on: 31 August, 2011, 01:55:25 pm »

I no longer work on the comic itself anymore. Just concept art for now. Sorry, Jake... >.>

So I went digging through the old art topics again and found a couple of fresh characters to use for another BP Original Characters drawing. Raizor’s feline character, Lake Torrent, Ing’s fire character, Pyre, and my antagonist character, Shade.

Lake was much easier to draw than Eko, but that’s mostly thanks to the Lake in the reference facing the direction I needed. I pretty much followed Raizor’s design exactly, but the shiny effect of his cape was something I added to give it a different texture.

The Pyre in the above image is actually a mix of the 3 different references I was working from. His hair is a bit longer here than shown in Ing's work, and I added fur at the end of his cape to give his design more balance. I’d say he was the hardest character to draw this time around because his hat and cape were tricky at that angle...

Shade’s color scheme turned out pretty well in this. The silver stripes and black chains are a nice contrast to the purple.

I think this BPOC drawing turned out much better than the first.

Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #299 on: 31 August, 2011, 05:57:25 pm »

Oh hooooooly craaaaaaaaaaaap

I think my jaw just fell ooooooooofffff~
Report Spam   Logged