Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 04:10:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

So Kino's Journey is the story of a crossdressing loli and a talking motorcycle.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Kino's Journey is the story of a crossdressing loli and a talking motorcycle.  (Read 758 times)
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #30 on: 03 May, 2009, 02:28:54 pm »

>_>
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #31 on: 03 May, 2009, 02:48:31 pm »

I would have posted that if I could find it. <_<
Report Spam   Logged
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #32 on: 03 May, 2009, 02:55:23 pm »

<_<

>_>

I like Marmite....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #33 on: 03 May, 2009, 03:09:18 pm »

<_<

>_>

I like Marmite....
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

« Reply #34 on: 03 May, 2009, 03:14:17 pm »

I have tons of it in sandwiches and toast and it is good!
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #35 on: 03 May, 2009, 03:19:47 pm »

Wait, so you're telling me that guy in your sig is a girl?
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ahriman
« Reply #36 on: 03 May, 2009, 03:23:11 pm »

Yeah. >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #37 on: 03 May, 2009, 03:36:38 pm »

It's like, some sort of trap for girls.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Ahriman
« Reply #38 on: 03 May, 2009, 03:42:11 pm »

It's called a reverse trap.
Report Spam   Logged
HyperOmar
« Reply #39 on: 03 May, 2009, 03:43:01 pm »

It's called a reverse trap.
I was looking for that term. Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Disappointed

I'm5Bass

« Reply #40 on: 03 May, 2009, 04:52:52 pm »

>_>

That. fits it. perfectly.
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the "First Person To Leave Dmax Speechless" Badge

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #41 on: 03 May, 2009, 08:05:29 pm »

*see what Ahriman said*.
Really, the themes don't matter when it comes to Berserk.  For the most part it's just fighting.  In the sense of it's themes, you may as well say Naruto is deep since it has the exact same themes.

When you consider that about half of Naruto consists of dealing with the personal problems of the characters, it can certainly be considered.

Oh please, now you're just fishing for stuff that isn't there.  The entire plot is based on a guy with a lucky mutation that causes him to be an enemy of all the other parasites.  There's no such thing in it about who deserves to live or a persons role in life.  It's just about a guy fighting/fleeing from aliens.    Nothing deeper beyond it.   

Have you, perhaps, read this manga? Because the stuff I talked about IS in there. And since you seem to be getting most of your ideas of the series from summaries rather than reading them, you're obviously misinformed.

Deep study?  Really now?  It's just two superheros fighting each other.  There's no actual theme behind it.  Which is why I compared it to Gantz.  Because Gantz is absolute garbage.

Have you, perhaps, read this manga? Because the stuff I talked about IS in there. And since you seem to be getting most of your ideas of the series from summaries rather than reading them, you're obviously misinformed.
And Monster just sucks, because it's about a murderer, and the guy who chases him. WHOOP-TE-DO, JOHAN KILLS PEOPLE, UNLIKE EVERY OTHER VILLIAN EVER. You're not quite getting the hypocrisy here, are you?

Or it could just be an excuse for older guys to like random fighting anime.

Again, you're just fishing for straws.  Even though Kino's Journey is more explicit in it's mature themes, at least it's honest about its "deepness".  It shoves it in your face and its very clear there's morality behind it.  In fact, it has all of the themes you've mentioned and more.  It's deeper than almost everything you posted.  Hell, almsot everything you posted reminds me of those English teachers trying to find themes in books where the themes aren't there. 

Fishing. Right. As opposed to your oh-so-obviously correct criticisms which MUST make the series a piece of crap.

It doesn't take itself seriously though, that's the thing. It's a fighting comedy.  Nothing more.

So something has to take itself seriously to be deep? And I wondered where all this bull**** was coming from.

I wasn't arguing that.

The "shallow end" of deep? Remember that line?

It's....not for the weak of stomach.

Considering everything else you posted, I could handle it.  It doesn't seem like it would be deep anyway.  

There is one thing, though. You seem to assume that just because a manga doesn't have Dune-level plot threads (BTW, Dune is far, FAR, deeper than Kino's Journey), it must not be deep.

No, I'm not assuming.  I just know when to not look for things when they aren't there.  
I never argued Dune was or wasn't deeper than Kino's Journey.  >.>

And now you're calling Higuarshi complex.
*facepalm*
Tell me, if the whole ****ing plot being a Mind Screw isn't complex, I don't know what is. It's almost as bad as NGE.

Except...y'know...it doesn't.
« Last Edit: 03 May, 2009, 08:32:29 pm by Ginji Amano » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #42 on: 03 May, 2009, 08:26:54 pm »

aengry raeg
Report Spam   Logged
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Disappointed

I'm5Bass

« Reply #43 on: 04 May, 2009, 07:40:46 pm »

When you consider that about half of Naruto consists of dealing with the personal problems of the characters, it can certainly be considered.

So, Naruto = Berserk, in the sense of its themes?

No, I have not read the manga.  Based on what I've read of it though, it sounds like you're pulling stuff out of nowhere. 
What says otherwise?

No, I have not.  But that's clearly all it's about.  Two superheros fighting each other.  No depth whatsoever.

And Monster just sucks, because it's about a murderer, and the guy who chases him. WHOOP-TE-DO, JOHAN KILLS PEOPLE, UNLIKE EVERY OTHER VILLIAN EVER. You're not quite getting the hypocrisy here, are you?

Until you actually know what it's about, you have no right to say that.
Monster is amazing.

No.  But frankly that's what it all seems like to me. 
More blood plus **** scenes or whatever else is in it  = more mature and therefore has amazing themes behind it. 
It's why I equated some of those to Naruto for adults.

Fishing. Right. As opposed to your oh-so-obviously correct criticisms which MUST make the series a piece of crap.

I'm not saying they're crap.  I'm just saying that they don't have the themes you think they do.

So something has to take itself seriously to be deep? And I wondered where all this bull**** was coming from.

Not really.
But it's clear that that example is just a comedy.
>.>

The "shallow end" of deep? Remember that line?

What about it?

Tell me, if the whole ****ing plot being a Mind Screw isn't complex, I don't know what is. It's almost as bad as NGE.

It wasn't a mind screw really.  It makes sense in the context of the plot.  It's a curse, a girl wanting to find the perfect ending.  Happiness.  There isn't anything really screwed up about it when you look beyond the whole killing thing. 

Except...y'know...it doesn't.

Quit being a fanboy.
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the "First Person To Leave Dmax Speechless" Badge

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
Ahriman
« Reply #44 on: 04 May, 2009, 11:02:54 pm »

please stop the fightan Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: