Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:08:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Pop Culture Showdown: Alucard vs. Shuma-Gorath

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pop Culture Showdown: Alucard vs. Shuma-Gorath  (Read 734 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 15 May, 2009, 04:22:14 pm »

Welcome to the final round! We have the son of Dracula facing the Lord of Chaos in this grand finale!

You know how this goes. Vote for who you think would win in an all-out battle to the death.

Note that as this is a Who-Would-Win based tournament, it would be appreciated if you read and take part in the debate on tactics and fighting ability before voting; you can change your vote any time you want before the polls close. After the polls are closed, I will spend a day writing out a battle between the two combatants and post it in the next showdown topic, with the winner being decided by the winner of the poll. If you would like to suggest a location for the battle, feel free to do so.

Now then, on to battle!

Shuma Gorath

Shuma Gorath: Marvel Comics: An ancient demon of the highest order that prefers the title of Lord of Chaos. Before Earth’s civilization, he ruled it with an iron tentacle, demanding bloody human sacrifices to win his favor. He is extremely resilient to any form of damage and has been shown to be able to use ancient magic, shapeshift or even liquefy himself. He can generate energy attacks, use voodoo on a planet-wide scale, and teleport or phase at will. Shuma Gorath has earned his title of The Curse Against Humanity.

In the last round, Shuma Gorath defeated Apocalypse and Deadpool. The first mutant and the merc with the mouth attempted to wrest humankind free of the demon’s rule, but found themselves crushed in its grip instead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuma_gorath

Alucard

Alucard: Castlevania Series: The son of Dracula, and a half vampire because of it. He often clashes with his father, but that doesn’t mean he takes it easy on the Belmont family. Alucard has been shown to be an amazingly powerful character within the series, as well as appearing as the occasional playable hero. He has been shown to be able to manipulate fire, live an extremely long time, shapeshift into animals, wield powerful magic, and is extremely proficient with bladed weaponry.

In the last round, Alucard defeated Space Ghost and D. Space Ghost fell easily enough to Alucard’s blade, but D provided a more honorable battle before being easily trampled to dust in the end.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_(Castlevania)

Round 1:
Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator 10-9
Day 2: Adol Christins vs. D 1-13
Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine 9-6
Day 4: Rikuo vs. Luke Cage 2-12
Day 5: Omega Rugal vs. Baraka 11-2
Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader 5-9
Day 7: Rey Mysterio vs. Hulk Hogan 3-9
Day 8: Hiro Nakamura vs. Thor 5-11
Day 9: Lobo vs. Blackheart 7-5
Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost 4-6
Day 11: Jack Bauer vs. Deadpool 4-8
Day 12: The Hulk vs. Morrigan 9-7
Day 13: Raistlin Majere vs. Brock Sampson 3-9
Day 14: Sho Minamimoto vs. The T-800 11-4
Day 15: Scorpion vs. Natsu 9-7
Day 16: Gordon Freeman vs. Apocalypse 3-10
Day 17: Jackie Chan vs. Freddy Krueger 8-7
Day 18: Lucy/Nyu vs. Drizzt 11-0
Day 19: Akuma vs. Naruto 6-8
Day 20: V vs. Shuma-Gorath 2-11
Day 21: Squall vs. Dizzy 2-9
Day 22: Alucard vs. Sylar 8-5
Day 23: Samus Aran vs. Optimus Prime 9-7
Day 24: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Carnage 7-4
Day 25: HK-47 vs. Neo 4-11

Round 2:
Day 26: Omega Rugal vs. Lobo 8-4
Day 27: Naruto vs. Alucard 4-11
Day 28: The Hulk vs. Brock Sampson 12-2
Day 29: Shuma-Gorath vs. Samus Aran 9-6
Day 30: Apocalypse vs. Dizzy 10-4
Day 31: Hulk Hogan vs. The Flash 2-9
Day 32: Sho Minamimoto vs. Scorpion 4-7
Day 33: Lucy/Nyu vs. Jackie Chan 8-3
Day 34: Bruce Lee vs. Deadpool 5-9
Day 35: Luke Cage vs. Darth Vader 2-9
Day 36: Space Ghost vs. Neo 7-5
Day 37: Thor vs. Luffy vs. D 7-3-8

Round 3:
Day 38: Alucard vs. Darth Vader 8-7
Day 39: Apocalypse vs. The Hulk 10-5
Day 40: Space Ghost vs. The Flash 9-6
Day 41: Scorpion vs. D 4-6
Day 42: Omega Rugal vs. Deadpool 4-5
Day 43: Shuma-Gorath vs. Lucy/Nyu 11-2

Round 4:
Day 44: Apocalypse vs. Deadpool vs. Shuma-Gorath 7-6-8
Day 45: D vs. Alucard vs. Space Ghost 4-9-6

Round 5:
The Pop Culture Showdown: Alucard vs. Shuma-Gorath
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2009, 04:22:47 pm »

D wandered through a flowering meadow amidst his travels when something strange caught his vampiric senses.

From the surrounding forests ran a tall, blond-haired, man with a ghastly pale face and a drawn sword. Blasts of energy appeared behind him from thin air as the man swiftly dodged them.

From across the field, Alucard looked over at D, both of them instantly sensing each other as half-vampires. D nodded at Alucard, who immediately jumped over to him.

Alucard and D stood back to back, their swords drawn as they waited for any sign of their mutual enemy.

“He’s attacking from my side!” Alucard shouted over his shoulder as a beam of energy emanated from thin air, aiming at the two who quickly leapt in different directions to avoid the blast before jumping back.

“It’s bad,” Alucard muttered.

“I sense it too,” D agreed, “Not only can this guy turn invisible, he seems to be able to teleport as well.”

Another blast flew from the air, but this time the two found that they were unable to move, surrounded by an energy barrier that held them still as the beam flew towards them.

“Can you survive the blast?” Alucard quickly asked.

“I think so,” D muttered.

“Good. Distract him,” Alucard barked as the blast hit them both creating a large explosion that choked the air with dust.

Space Ghost deactivated his invisibility as he hovered over to the cloud of dust he had recently made. D’s silhouette being barely visible.

“Well I didn’t mean to incinerate the poor guy, but I guess that’s case closed,” Space Ghost muttered.

“Not quite,” D wheezed as his vampiric regeneration helped him quickly recover from his minor wounds.

“Another vampire huh? Damn, this area must be filled with ‘em. Well, it’s a living I suppose,” Space Ghost said as he raised his gauntlet at D and prepared to fire.

D quickly took off his left glove, revealing a hole on his Left Hand that expanded rapidly as he dashed towards Space Ghost. The officer let off a shot just as D came upon him, shoving Left Hand’s mouth onto Space Ghost’s forearm as the Symbiote quickly began sucking Space Ghost into itself.

Space Ghost instinctively planted his foot on D’s chest and kicked himself off the vampire, freeing his arm in the process.

“Well that was just gross. Eat Light-Ray vampire scum!” Space Ghost shouted as he raised his arm to fire, but found that his gauntlet was nowhere in sight.

“My Left Hand thanks you for the meal,” D smirked.

“Ah sugar babies,” Space Ghost muttered.

Suddenly a squirt of blood shot from Space Ghost’s chest, as a reformed Alucard stabbed him through the back with his sword. The officer being dead before he had a chance to hit the ground.

Alucard wiped his sword clean as he looked over at D.

“Thanks for the assist. I’m sure I could’ve done it myself, but you simply made it happen faster,” Alucard nodded, “Funny thing to run into a fellow halfbreed like myself.”

D nodded gravely, “I sense you have powerful blood in your veins. Alucard correct? The son of Dracula?”

“Right on target. Let me guess, you’re a vampire hunter then? So many halfbreeds are these days,” Alucard sighed, “Well if you’re out for blood, then you should have nothing against me. I’m as much a vampire as you are.”

“True,” D agreed, “But I’m after your father, and I think killing you would help bring him to me.”

Alucard smiled before drawing his sword, “Not exactly a solid plan, but I’m perfectly willing to let you give it a try.”

D charged into Alucard as their steel clashed, Alucard parrying but D countering it, the two half-breeds fought with equal skill and will.

After swiftly blocking D’s counter, Alucard placed his boot on the side of D’s blade and cleanly kicked off, unleashing a dozen fireballs as he flew.

D quickly raised his Left Hand, which opened its mouth wide and consumed the flames, absorbing the power and feeding it into the Hunter.

“So it absorbs energy as well as matter,” Alucard noted, “Very interesting.”

“You haven’t seen anything yet,” D smirked as he flew into Alucard with his renewed power, moving faster than Alucard could raise his sword in order to cut through him, ending up at his back in an instant.

Alucard fell to the ground in pain as he attempted to nurse the massive slash across his chest.

“Even the son of Dracula can best me with this symbiote inside me. Now do you see the difference in levels beneath us? There’s simply no way you can beat me,” D coldly stated.

“You want to talk about differences in level?” Alucard said as he pulled himself to his feet, “Allow me to show you my true capabilities, then you can talk, if you are still able to.”

Weapons formed around Alucard as he summoned his Mablung Sword and the Alucard Shield.

“More weapons? Those won’t work against me,” D stated.

“No?” Alucard asked as he quickly sprinted into the Vampire Hunter and swiftly knocked him to the ground with shield using unparalleled speed.

The son of Dracula fell on top of the Hunter and held him to the ground with his shield, the combination of his two weapons tearing D apart and absorbing D’s health into Alucard.

D was defenseless against the searing pain and damage caused by the shield as he finally dispersed into a cloud of lifeless dust.

Alucard got to his feet as he looked at the dust.

“That is the difference in power between the son of Dracula, and some third-rate vampire hunter. Thanks for the help, but if you’ll excuse me, I must take my leave, not that you mind I’m sure.”
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2009, 04:52:40 pm »

I voted for Shuma out of spite, plus cosmic entities > vampires.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2009, 04:57:36 pm »

I'm rocking Alucard on this one. He's just too damn versatile.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #4 on: 15 May, 2009, 06:04:04 pm »

I'm rocking Alucard on this one. He's just too damn versatile.

This, plus its still MvC Shuma in the end.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: 15 May, 2009, 06:05:46 pm »

Not according to the public.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #6 on: 15 May, 2009, 06:08:00 pm »

Well the public is dumb, he shouldn't have beaten Apoc anyway and Deadpool shouldn't have beaten Omega Rugal.

Plus its not like he hasn't beaten powerful entities before. *looks at Death, Legion, Dracula, Galamoth, etc. etc.)
« Last Edit: 15 May, 2009, 06:20:45 pm by Trouble Bruin » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #7 on: 17 May, 2009, 09:14:14 am »

Just a note, I'm extending the votes for another day since the site was down yesterday. Get voting! >_<
Report Spam   Logged

GSD
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

GSD

« Reply #8 on: 17 May, 2009, 12:59:00 pm »

Shuma.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #9 on: 17 May, 2009, 07:51:50 pm »

Alucard made it to the finals?

Worst. Contest. Ever.
Report Spam   Logged
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: 17 May, 2009, 07:56:41 pm »

Lawl.
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #11 on: 17 May, 2009, 10:15:35 pm »

I'm still angry Apoc lost.

Did I tie this? Woops!
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #12 on: 18 May, 2009, 05:36:47 am »

Seems my vote just made quite a difference...
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: