Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 10:31:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I've started reading Air Gear.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've started reading Air Gear.  (Read 524 times)
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #15 on: 29 July, 2009, 07:55:42 pm »

There's a part where a guy tries to grab onto some other girl and ends up with her ass in the face...that's all I've seen of this manga >>
A significant part, probably about a quarter, is fanservice. Another quarter is nonsensical plot and pathos, and everything else is action.
Sounds like my kind of story.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #16 on: 29 July, 2009, 09:09:33 pm »

There's a part where a guy tries to grab onto some other girl and ends up with her ass in the face...that's all I've seen of this manga >>
A significant part, probably about a quarter, is fanservice. Another quarter is nonsensical plot and pathos, and everything else is action.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #17 on: 30 July, 2009, 12:06:35 am »

I don't know. I guess when the plot gets rolling it can function alright. But there was a point where a kid was being attacked by a Giant Mech, so what did he do? He killed it using his own team's mech that was orbiting the Earth in space.

Mind you this is a manga about rollerblade teams.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #18 on: 30 July, 2009, 12:09:16 am »

I don't know. I guess when the plot gets rolling it can function alright. But there was a point where a kid was being attacked by a Giant Mech, so what did he do? He killed it using his own team's mech that was orbiting the Earth in space.

No, not teams. Rollerblade gangs. Oh, and the rollerblades are magical and can do damn near anything. Also, the fat black man who gets all muscley because he has a pool of extra blood around his stomach that he redistributes. Biology failiure doesn't even begin to describe it.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: 30 July, 2009, 12:11:27 am »

No, not teams. Rollerblade gangs. Oh, and the rollerblades are magical and can do damn near anything. Also, the fat black man who gets all muscley because he has a pool of extra blood around his stomach that he redistributes. Biology failiure doesn't even begin to describe it.
This just keeps sounding better and better the more I hear.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #20 on: 30 July, 2009, 12:39:48 am »

I mean, yeah, I guess it kind of sounds awesome, but crap like that just happens so randomly and so out of place that it just leaves you scratching your head. Like the fact that Giant Mechs existed in the Air Gear universe for 1 chapter and then apparently went extinct, even though it is obviously a much better way of raging war than with rollerblades no matter how magical.

And don't even get me started on the gang that rides around on life-size lion shaped rollerblade robots. At that point, why not just have a life-sized goddamn robot lion and be happy with it?
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #21 on: 30 July, 2009, 12:41:22 am »

I mean, yeah, I guess it kind of sounds awesome, but crap like that just happens so randomly and so out of place that it just leaves you scratching your head. Like the fact that Giant Mechs existed in the Air Gear universe for 1 chapter and then apparently went extinct, even though it is obviously a much better way of raging war than with rollerblades no matter how magical.

And don't even get me started on the gang that rides around on life-size lion shaped rollerblade robots. At that point, why not just have a life-sized goddamn robot lion and be happy with it?
Lawsuits from the GGG guys?
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: 30 July, 2009, 12:48:34 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #23 on: 30 July, 2009, 12:50:34 am »

It sounds cool on paper yeah, but just the way it's pulled off, it's more likely to leave you wondering what the hell is going on instead of it being a moment of awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2

« Reply #24 on: 30 July, 2009, 10:14:15 am »

This sounds hilariously awesome the more I hear about it.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #25 on: 30 July, 2009, 01:44:37 pm »

This sounds hilariously awesome the more I hear about it.
It's less awesome and more a constant barrage of WTF?
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #26 on: 20 August, 2009, 07:49:23 pm »

Yes, that is in fact a man wearing dress-shoe-shaped rollerblades standing on top of a jet aircraft currently going mach 2.5

That about sums up the series.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #27 on: 20 August, 2009, 07:51:25 pm »

Don't forget the part where he was supposed to be dead before that.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #28 on: 20 August, 2009, 07:52:50 pm »

And the part where he's siding with the bad guys because they can heal his girlfriend that was skewered from neck to ass with a helicopter blade.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #29 on: 20 August, 2009, 07:55:51 pm »

And the part where he's siding with the bad guys because they can heal his girlfriend that was skewered from neck to ass with a helicopter blade.
Oooh, don't forget the girl that apparently has superpowers because she can replicate having the bends.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: