Ultimate Paradise
17 April, 2024, 07:53:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pop Culture Showdown: Final Fight/Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop Culture Showdown: Final Fight/Discussion  (Read 2909 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« on: 19 May, 2009, 01:05:09 pm »

A bright flash appeared at the top of Dracula’s castle, on the balcony that leads to the vampire’s lair. From the flash stepped a tall pale man, with black dyed hair and wearing a modern business suit.

“Who could possibly wish to resurrect my father again?” Alucard muttered as he looked around the resummoned castle, appearing exactly the same as it had almost 300 years ago when Alucard had destroyed it last.

“What mortal would dare interrupt my plans?” A deep gurgling voice uttered from the darkness within Dracula’s chamber. The creature stepped into the light to reveal the tentacled figure of Shuma-Gorath.

“If you think me to be a ‘mere mortal’ then you’re about to be in for a surprise,” Alucard coolly responded as he analyzed his opponent.

“Ah, I sense your cursed blood,” Shuma noticed, “You must be his son! Am I not mistaken Alucard?”

“It’s been almost a hundred years since someone’s addressed me with that name, but you’re right. That’s my father you’re trying to bring back, and I’m afraid I can’t allow you to do that.”

“Ah, but you’re part vampire yourself!” Shuma responded, “You should be helping me, even thanking me for my efforts here! When my plans are complete, your kind shall usher in an era of absolute rule!”

“And how do you intend to do that?” Alucard asked.

“Being the ruler of Mankind is a hobby of mine, but I’m afraid I’ve grown tired of this pitifully weak species that serves me no purpose. But vampires on the other hand, are powerful creatures that can live forever! That is something I can use! Imagine it, an entire planet of such beasts under my command. I’d be all powerful!” Shuma shouted.

“And what of the humans?” Alucard asked simply.

Shuma’s eye glint deviously as he replied, “They will finally serve a purpose. An army must be fed after all.”

“Unacceptable,” Alucard said while drawing his blade, “You will not resurrect my father and such harm will not come to these humans. That is simply that.”

“You honestly think you can defeat me?” Shuma gasped in genuine surprise, “The difference in power between the two of us is beyond your comprehension!”

“Others have said that much to me before,” Alucard smiled as he rushed towards the Lord of Chaos and swung his Crissaegrim into the demon. Shuma cackled as his body turned to liquid, rendering the swipes entirely ineffective.

Multiple razor-sharp tentacles erupted from the puddle and shot into Alucard, who barely had time to block them with his Alucard Shield. The demon slowly reformed from the puddle, appearing far more daunting than before.

“Do you see now how useless it is to fight against me? Give it up! Nothing will work,” Shuma taunted.

“You think all I have is sword and shield?” Alucard asked as he teleported through Shuma’s defenses and slashed into it again, with Shuma simply turning into liquid to dodge his blows. As tentacles were springing from the puddle once again, a Demon Familiar was summoned from the thin air as it charged at the puddle from behind.

“Ice Spear!” The demon shouted as it propelled its spear deep into the puddle of ooze, freezing it over completely and causing the room to fall silent.

A long crack appeared in the puddle, followed by hundreds more, eventually shattering the puddle as Shuma Gorath turned his body back into liquid before reforming, roaring with fury.

“You think it would be that easy to defeat me!?” Shuma shouted, as dozens of his tentacles shot into the son of Dracula. Alucard charged into the demon’s tentacles, allowing himself be impaled by them while wielding a blood red sword, different from before.

Alucard weakly plunged the sword into Shuma, who turned to liquid to dodge the blade while Alucard continued swinging. The demon suddenly felt a burning pain in the liquid around the sword as he realized his soul was being sucked into it.

“The Mourneblade,” Alucard clarified with a smile, “It drains your soul in order to heal my wounds. Meaning the more I’m hurt, the more of your soul it takes,” The half-vampire finished as his wounds from being impaled healed over.

Shuma quickly smashed into Alucard with a massive tentacle, sending him and his sword flying off of him as he weakly got back on his tentacles. The Demon charged a massive ball of energy in front of him before unleashing it on Alucard, who stood in front of the onslaught patiently.

The explosion that followed demolished the lair, sending wood and stone flying for miles and filling the area with a thick cloud of dust.

“You put up an interesting fight vampire,” Shuma muttered, “But my plans cannot be halted by someone as insignificant as-“ but the Demon was interrupted by the outline of Alucard calmly walking towards him through the dust cloud.

“Was that your finishing attack? I’m sorry but I was prepared for something far more powerful,” Alucard taunted as he exited the dust cloud, revealing his business suit that had been torn to shreds, and the yellow armor that was beneath it.

“How?” Was all Shuma was able to stutter.

Alucard pounded on his yellow armor proudly, “The Walk Armor,” he explained, “It raises my defense the more I travel. After exploring about 1 square mile, no mortal can possibly harm me, and I’ve been walking for 300 years.”

Shuma-Gorath angrily threw a razor-sharp tentacle at Alucard, only to have it harmlessly bounce off of the half-vampire. Next several eyeballs flew from the demon’s body and detonated at Alucards feet without even phasing him.

“Give it up,” Alucard shrugged, “You can’t defeat me. How did you put it? ‘The difference in power between the two of us is beyond your comprehension’?” Alucard smirked.

“NO!” Shuma shrieked, “I cannot be defeated so easily! Prepare yourself mortal, for my true might!”

Shuma floated into the air, eventually rising into the heavens themselves as his body quickly began expanding and growing at a rapid rate, filling the horizon in a matter of seconds.

“How do you intend to defeat me now that I’m in this form!?” Shuma boomed as he looked down upon Alucard’s small frame.

Alucard’s response only took one second. From his equipment, Alucard pulled out a watch, an orb, a helmet and a dull blade, placing the four items in front of him and addressing the Demon Lord.

“I intend to defeat you with these,” Alucard simply replied gesturing at the equipment.

Shuma-Gorath let out a roar of laughter that shook the Earth as he looked back down at the son of Dracula, “Very well, we shall see!”

A massive ball of energy the size of Dracula’s castle began charging in front of Shuma as he prepared to fire down upon Alucard when the Half-Vampire swiftly picked up the dull blade before disappearing in a flash of red light.

Alucard reappeared high up in the Earth’s atmosphere, his lack of need for oxygen allowing him to safely stand on top of Shuma-Gorath’s massive form as he struck the dull blade deep into the Demon’s flesh before teleporting back to the balcony where his items lay.

From the balcony, Alucard watched as Shuma began writhing in pain.

“The Stone Sword,” Alucard said while the ball of energy Shuma was charging dissipated, as the Lord of Chaos quickly turned to rock.

“Normally, the effects only last 30 seconds,” Alucard continued as he picked up the watch, “Which isn’t nearly long enough, which is why I brought this,” He motioned to the watch and clicked it.

“That’ll slow down the stone effect, allowing it to last about 3 minutes. Usually, you’d simply stay where you were frozen at for three minutes,” Alucard said as he placed the Dragon Helmet atop his head, “But with your massive body, you’ll be sucked into Earth’s atmosphere. But don’t worry, as a mass, you’re far too big to be completely engulfed in it.”

Suddenly cracks began appearing all over Shuma’s stoned body, spreading until they completely covered the demon.

“Which is why I’m wearing this helmet that will make your body too weak to hold itself together,” Alucard finished as he picked up the orb and used it to summon the Sword Familiar.

The floating sword nodded at Alucard before flying up into the heavens to meet the falling Shuma, splitting into dozens of identical swords along the way. There was a bright flash as the swords made contact, piercing through the Demon’s statue, which stood perfectly intact for a few moments before crumbling apart into smaller pieces that burned up as they entered the atmosphere.

“I’m not entirely sure what you were,” Alucard said to the flaming pieces of rock, “But I know that you will no longer be a threat to the human race.

With that, Alucard disappeared in a bright flash of blood red light while Dracula’s castle collapsed on top of itself.

Final Score:

Round 1:
Day 1: Bruce Lee vs. The Predator 10-9
Day 2: Adol Christins vs. D 1-13
Day 3: The Flash vs. Wolverine 9-6
Day 4: Rikuo vs. Luke Cage 2-12
Day 5: Omega Rugal vs. Baraka 11-2
Day 6: Mega Man vs. Darth Vader 5-9
Day 7: Rey Mysterio vs. Hulk Hogan 3-9
Day 8: Hiro Nakamura vs. Thor 5-11
Day 9: Lobo vs. Blackheart 7-5
Day 10: Kirby vs. Space Ghost 4-6
Day 11: Jack Bauer vs. Deadpool 4-8
Day 12: The Hulk vs. Morrigan 9-7
Day 13: Raistlin Majere vs. Brock Sampson 3-9
Day 14: Sho Minamimoto vs. The T-800 11-4
Day 15: Scorpion vs. Natsu 9-7
Day 16: Gordon Freeman vs. Apocalypse 3-10
Day 17: Jackie Chan vs. Freddy Krueger 8-7
Day 18: Lucy/Nyu vs. Drizzt 11-0
Day 19: Akuma vs. Naruto 6-8
Day 20: V vs. Shuma-Gorath 2-11
Day 21: Squall vs. Dizzy 2-9
Day 22: Alucard vs. Sylar 8-5
Day 23: Samus Aran vs. Optimus Prime 9-7
Day 24: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Carnage 7-4
Day 25: HK-47 vs. Neo 4-11

Round 2:
Day 26: Omega Rugal vs. Lobo 8-4
Day 27: Naruto vs. Alucard 4-11
Day 28: The Hulk vs. Brock Sampson 12-2
Day 29: Shuma-Gorath vs. Samus Aran 9-6
Day 30: Apocalypse vs. Dizzy 10-4
Day 31: Hulk Hogan vs. The Flash 2-9
Day 32: Sho Minamimoto vs. Scorpion 4-7
Day 33: Lucy/Nyu vs. Jackie Chan 8-3
Day 34: Bruce Lee vs. Deadpool 5-9
Day 35: Luke Cage vs. Darth Vader 2-9
Day 36: Space Ghost vs. Neo 7-5
Day 37: Thor vs. Luffy vs. D 7-3-8

Round 3:
Day 38: Alucard vs. Darth Vader 8-7
Day 39: Apocalypse vs. The Hulk 10-5
Day 40: Space Ghost vs. The Flash 9-6
Day 41: Scorpion vs. D 4-6
Day 42: Omega Rugal vs. Deadpool 4-5
Day 43: Shuma-Gorath vs. Lucy/Nyu 11-2

Round 4:
Day 44: Apocalypse vs. Deadpool vs. Shuma-Gorath 7-6-8
Day 45: D vs. Alucard vs. Space Ghost 4-9-6

Round 5:
The Pop Culture Showdown: Alucard vs. Shuma-Gorath 8-7
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #1 on: 19 May, 2009, 01:06:49 pm »

Also, I figure we can use this topic to discuss what people want to see in the next tournament. If a concensus can't be reached, I'll make a poll for it later. Note, that the next tournament will not be starting for quite awhile, maybe a couple weeks, maybe even a month. But I'd like to know what kinds of things people want implemented/removed.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2009, 01:11:18 pm »

Until Alucard turned into the next Shuma-Gorath for killing the current one.

What? It's canon.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2009, 01:17:14 pm »

What? It's canon.

Damn, it's too late to revise the ending now...

That would've been so badass...

Oh well, I guess we can assume it happened off-screen.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #4 on: 19 May, 2009, 01:18:28 pm »

What? It's canon.

Damn, it's too late to revise the ending now...

That would've been so badass...

Oh well, I guess we can assume it happened off-screen.
OK. Nah, but I don't mean Alucard-as-Alucard, I just mean that it's a rule that whomsoever kills Shuma will become the next one.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #5 on: 19 May, 2009, 01:22:57 pm »

I dunno, I mean, yeah, normally power corrupts. But Alucard is pretty good at handling that power while still maintaining his conscious. He made a promise to his dying mum after all.

Edit: Also Alucard has a relic that makes him immune to curses. Not sure if that would help against this particular one, but...
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #6 on: 19 May, 2009, 01:23:55 pm »

I dunno, I mean, yeah, normally power corrupts. But Alucard is pretty good at handling that power while still maintaining his conscious. He made a promise to his dying mum after all.
I don't mean just power. I mean physically and mentally.

Ah...pointless discussions. How I love them so.
Report Spam   Logged

IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #7 on: 19 May, 2009, 01:32:55 pm »

Great fight.

[No input on next contest as of now]
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #8 on: 19 May, 2009, 01:59:33 pm »

****ing.

Awesome.

Fight.

I am pleased

As for Shuma Alucard, who knows. Dr. Strange avoided it so its possible that Alucard could as well.

But yeah, great contest. I would have liked to have seen Apoc vs. Alucard but Shuma was a great last guy as well. As for the next one, I like the idea that spring put forth of there being a superpowered one and a normal (martial artists, wrestlers, gunmen, etc.) one. If two topics can't be done by one person, maybe someone else could do the normal one.
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2009, 02:14:24 pm by Trouble Bruin » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #9 on: 19 May, 2009, 02:01:37 pm »

Also you did your research on SotN, Gaffit, I loved the references.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #10 on: 19 May, 2009, 02:04:28 pm »

I would've laughed more had he had Shield Rod and Alucard Shield.

But I'd be up for doing a superpowered one. Though the fights might tend to run long.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #11 on: 19 May, 2009, 02:06:03 pm »

But I'd be up for doing a superpowered one. Though the fights might tend to run long.

I was actually expecting the Shield Rod and Alucard Shield spam >_>

but it was mad awesome without it.

I have no problems with long running fights, honestly.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #12 on: 19 May, 2009, 02:07:18 pm »

Check out Alucard's last fight against D for the Mablung Sword/Alucard Shield combo. And yeah, I watched the entire Let's Play Series on SotN...

Lotta, research...
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #13 on: 19 May, 2009, 02:07:51 pm »

Or perhaps the Excalibur or Crissaegrim...

Excellent.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #14 on: 19 May, 2009, 02:10:11 pm »

Check out Alucard's last fight against D for the Mablung Sword/Alucard Shield combo. And yeah, I watched the entire Let's Play Series on SotN...

Lotta, research...

I did see that, that was badass as well.

Duplicator spam would also have been a good one.

Or perhaps the Excalibur or Crissaegrim...

Excellent.

Agreed on both.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: