Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 09:16:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Wolverine Origins

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolverine Origins  (Read 1812 times)
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #60 on: 24 May, 2009, 04:13:00 pm »

Needed less Gambit getting elbowed in the face.

Fixed it for you.

'-')b
Today, I learned that this is a thumbs-up sign.
>_>
Report Spam   Logged
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #61 on: 27 May, 2009, 10:45:09 pm »

*seething, white hot nerd rage*

They....butchered him....

They.....BUTCHERED HIM!!!!!!

I....will never see this movie.

And if I ever meet the guy who made the decision to....do those horrible things to Deadpool...
His life is forfeit.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #62 on: 27 May, 2009, 10:47:58 pm »

And if I ever meet the guy who made the decision to....do those horrible things to Deadpool...
His life is forfeit.

*sigh* Poor silly fangirl...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #63 on: 27 May, 2009, 10:52:13 pm »

His life is forfeit.

*sigh* Poor silly fangirl...

<-< Did you really expect any other reaction?
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #64 on: 27 May, 2009, 11:14:14 pm »

Not really, no.

But as far as I'm concerned, Deadpool fans really have no-one to blame but themselves. They got their hopes up way too high. This movie was called X-Men Origins: Wolverine because it was about Wolverine. Not Deadpool. Deadpool was probably only included in the first place for two reasons:

1. The whole Weapon X/Team X thing.

2. So when his own movie is released, people (everday people, not his fans) will actually know who the hell he is.

I haven't seen this movie, but from what I gather, Deadpool doesn't have any powers whatsoever at first, but is then experimented upon after being "killed" and given the powers of various mutants in the film, including teleportation and Wolverine's healing factor. And after he's defeated by Wolverine and Sabretooth, there's a post-credits scene of him picking up his own severed head.

So I personally believe that the Wolverine Origins also served as something of an origin story for Deadpool as well. Hell, the stuff that happened in WO might have caused him to become insane as well. And I seriously doubt they'd make a Deadpool movie without one of the key things about the character and his entire series: breaking the fourth wall.

All I'm saying is there's hope for Deadpool yet. If you absolutely have to blame a movie for "butchering" him, wait for the movie that actually focuses on him as the central character and judge his portrayal then. Leave Wolverine Origins alone.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #65 on: 27 May, 2009, 11:50:23 pm »

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the whole movie sucks because of one glaring error.

1) I will not go see this movie because the whole reason that I was going to see the movie in the first place was for Deadpool. I did not care about Wolverine's origins (I already know them.) I was excited they included Gambit, but he's not enough. No, I was expecting Deadpool to make a minor cameo...hell, I was only really expecting Wade Wilson to make a minor cameo, and that was it. This...thing at the end is not Deadpool, but the fact that they arbitrarily attached his name to it has defeated the whole reason I was going to see the movie.

2) As an author, I find the fact that they completely disregarded Deadpool's character and pretty much made up a new one and arbitrarily attached Deadpool's name to it to lure in fans to be in incredibly poor taste. It offends my principles as an author, and is one further strike against the movie.
Report Spam   Logged
TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #66 on: 28 May, 2009, 10:48:46 am »

ACTUALLY DEADPOOL IS PRETTY AWESOME AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIE WHEN HE'S STILL WADE WILSON
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #67 on: 28 May, 2009, 11:04:55 am »

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the whole movie sucks because of one glaring error.

1) I will not go see this movie because the whole reason that I was going to see the movie in the first place was for Deadpool. I did not care about Wolverine's origins (I already know them.) I was excited they included Gambit, but he's not enough. No, I was expecting Deadpool to make a minor cameo...hell, I was only really expecting Wade Wilson to make a minor cameo, and that was it. This...thing at the end is not Deadpool, but the fact that they arbitrarily attached his name to it has defeated the whole reason I was going to see the movie.

2) As an author, I find the fact that they completely disregarded Deadpool's character and pretty much made up a new one and arbitrarily attached Deadpool's name to it to lure in fans to be in incredibly poor taste. It offends my principles as an author, and is one further strike against the movie.

I understand that, but this film was only ever going to, at best, lay the ground work of Deadpool's character. I seriously doubt they'll make an entire film around the Deadpool at the end of this movie. They were probably only doing it so people would have some understanding of why Deadpool is like he is.

Look, from what I gather about Deadpool/Wade Wilson at the beginning of the movie, when he doesn't have any powers whatsoever, his attitude is actually quite a lot like the Deadpool you know. That only changes when he's been screwed around with and given a bunch of mutant abilities (including Wolverine's healing factor and teleportation, which I gather are two of Deadpool's major abilities anyway). Who's to say that he won't act more like his comic counterpart in his own movie?

As I said before, WO is at best an origin story as far as Deadpool's concerned. Sure, they might change his origins a bit from the comic original, but they've done that before. The important thing is what the end result is, and in Deadpool's case, we simply haven't seen that yet.

Also, I might be wrong, but is "that thing" at the end of WO ever actually called Deadpool? I thought it was just called "Weapon XI". If that's the case, then they're not "attaching Deadpool's name" to it. Sure, the guy who becomes "Weapon XI" is called Wade Wilson, but from what I hear he's actually a lot like Deadpool just without powers or much insanity. In other words a relatively normal guy, which I'm assuming Deadpool actually was at some point.

All I'm saying is that the real target for your fangirl rage should be the actual Deadpool movie. Wait and see what that movie's portrayal of him will be like (which will most likely be a lot more accurate) and, depending on how it turns out, either rage at it or don't.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #68 on: 28 May, 2009, 11:13:02 am »

I don't know if they call him Deadpool in the movie, but all the related media, like the video game, call him Deadpool.

Well, I'm not so much raging at the Wolverine movie....I'm raging at the guy who thought this would be a good idea.
Well that, and as an author, I'm getting sick and tired of Hollywood taking characters and just showing complete disregard for their source material.

None of this changes the fact that, without a suitable Deadpool cameo, I've lost all interest in this movie. If it weren't for the fact that they claimed Deadpool was in it, I would have never bothered with the movie in the first place. Maybe, someday, when it's out on DVD, and someone else is watching it, I'll sit down and watch it with them. Will I enjoy the majority of the movie? Probably. I like the occasional mindless action flick. Will I like the ending? Hell no.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #69 on: 28 May, 2009, 11:28:39 am »

You make me sad. Come, Patsy! *rides away on coconut shells*

In all seriousness though, that's fair enough. I agree it was cheap of the advertisers to make such a big deal about "Deadpool" being in the movie.

All I can say is at least give it a chance. And when you see "Deadpool" at the end of it, just think about how much better he could potentially be when he's in his very own movie. Hollywood have done some stupid things, but I just can't see them making a Deadpool movie without insanity, breaking the fourth wall, etc since those are such key elements of the comic.

Just look at Wolverine Origins the same way I look at TTGL: A decent thing with a crappy ending.

Although, that said, I do still think that Deadpool fans really shouldn't have gotten their hopes up so high. But again, that's partially the fault of the advertisers/movie makers.
« Last Edit: 28 May, 2009, 11:30:27 am by The Mighty Boosh » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: