Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:25:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Salty's New Voice of the Massless

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salty's New Voice of the Massless  (Read 3163 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #30 on: 15 November, 2009, 11:01:07 pm »

Something I just came up with because I liked the sound of it. It's call and response, can be done with more than one in the response. Italics is call, bold is response.

I ask thee, who art thou?

I am one with my name!

What is thy name?

I have no name!

Then how art thou known?

I am known by my face!

I ask thee, what is thy face?

I have no face!

Then how art thou seen?

I am not seen but heard!

I ask thee, what sound dost thou make?

I make no sound!

Then how art thou heard?

I am not heard but felt!

I ask thee, how art thou felt?

BY THE BITE OF MY BLADE IN MINE ENEMY'S BACK!
BY THE THE LASH OF THE WIND OF MY PASSAGE AS I CRUSH ALL HE HOLDS DEAR!
BY THE LANDING OF SOIL ON HIS FACE AS THE GRAVEDIGGERS WORK!

I ASK THEE AGAIN, WHO ART THOU?

I AM CHAOS!
NIGHT!
ETERNAL SLEEP!
I AM THE WIND THAT WITHERS THE FRUIT OF THE VINE!
I AM THE CALL OF THE LAST TRUMP!
I AM BECOME DEATH, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!

And yes, that was all totally on the spur of the moment.
« Last Edit: 16 November, 2009, 03:33:38 am by Haine and Badou » Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #31 on: 16 November, 2009, 03:30:42 am »

Badass. No, really, badass.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #32 on: 16 November, 2009, 03:34:18 am »

Well thank you. Cool sig, BTW.
Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #33 on: 16 November, 2009, 03:44:15 am »

Thanks to you!
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #34 on: 17 November, 2009, 10:52:45 pm »

November 17, 2009

Well, today sure was eventful. It started out pretty normally, i.e., me rolling out of bed after everybody else was already gone. I took my time and got showered and dressed, then decided to head on down to my father's to check how the Xbox (which I'm still wrestling with, though recent developments have been promising) was working, or even if it was working at all.

Well, halfway there, I get a call from my father telling me to show up at his place so that I could drive him around while he went about his various tasks and chores. It's something he's been doing more recently in a bid to get me more driving experience (Don't need much more, really. Only things I have trouble with are parking and backing out, and him barking at me all the time doesn't exactly help). I commented on how ironic this was, and we left before I even got a chance to test how the Xbox was working. Driving him around took about half an hour or so, I don't remember >_>, before we got back. And then just as I was about to get some sweet sweet gaming time in, he started ragging on me about how I was still a lazy unemployed slob, and how I should get a job, and that I couldn't just play video games all day long (yeah right >_>).

So, being fed up with this **** talking, I got on his computer, looked up Craigslist, and clicked on the first ad that caught my eye. It promised high pay, didn't require any prior experience, and was located nearby, perfect for the poor, never employed, carless me. So I called the number listed in the ad, gave them some information, scheduled myself for an interview at 3:00 P.M., and played games for an hour, having finally satisfied the rage machine that is my father. Around 1:30, I headed back over to my place and took my time getting ready, putting on my nice shirt, pants, and shoes, and shaving a bit.

I got to the office where the interview was being held, and it was a fairly small, sedate place. I was given a form to fill out while I waited with all of the others who were also there for the interviews. I filled it out, gave it back to the man who was going to be interviewing me, and waited. Eventually, all of the people who weren't going to be interviewed left, as the forms had been a screening process, and the actual interview was conducted in a group while our interviewer, the sales manager of the branch, gave a presentation about the company, products, the job we would be doing, etc. that went on for about an hour, with him asking questions of all of us and getting answers all the while (mostly from me, it's an old, odd habit of mine that I tend to answer any questions asked, even not of me). After then end, he gave us one more form to fill out and began talking with the prospective employees one on one, or sometimes two on one, in short sessions, mostly depending on who'd finished their forms first. After he was done with all of us, we left, with him promising to call shortly with the selections for who'd gotten jobs. And lo and behold, about 15-20 minutes after I'd left the office and was home, he called and told me that I'd gotten the job!
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #35 on: 17 November, 2009, 11:07:55 pm »

I guess you're not going to say where you're working, or at least what you're going to be doing?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #36 on: 17 November, 2009, 11:18:44 pm »

I'm going to be working in sales, and that's all I'm willing to say.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #37 on: 17 November, 2009, 11:24:38 pm »

Sales, huh? Like in store sales, or is it the kind of thing where you make phone calls and read a script?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #38 on: 17 November, 2009, 11:35:17 pm »

More similar to store sales, but it's different enough to count.
Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #39 on: 18 November, 2009, 03:06:56 am »

So... you're not telling what you will sell?
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #40 on: 10 December, 2009, 06:55:07 am »

We-we-we-welcome to the Late Night Shift~

Now all of your people over on the East Coast, you might think that this is just about the time you're getting up. Me, I should still be asleep at the moment. Except I did that about 10...ish. Honestly, I don't sleep early anymore. I just wake up way too fast.

But now to the music. Any requests?
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #41 on: 15 December, 2009, 12:56:01 am »

December 14th, 2009

So, today was my final for my Humanities 101 class. I call it the final, but it was really more of a last exam, as it didn't cover anything except what we'd covered between our last exam and this one.

This class has been...an interesting experience for me. I originally took it because it was about the only class I could (and wanted to) take to get credit for my transfer. The bad part? It took place at night. Oh, and the fact that our professor (a middle-aged Asian lady) had a very distinctive Engrish accent. It made the three-hour-long lectures something of a snoozefest for me (a failure of mine which I try to mitigate as much as possible), but I usually managed to wake up in the last half of each class and actually get some information out of it. Oh, and did I mention that class was every Monday? And that every time Monday rolled around, at least two more students had dropped the class? It was the incredibly shrinking class size, and we ended up with only about 8 or so people. It's amazing when you hear all the talk of crowding in colleges these days.

Homework was non-existent, and the infrequent quizzes were entirely multiple-choice, which as you know, is the easiest type of test EVER. But when it came to our exams...well, I have a complex which I make known to most people about how while I like writing stories or things like this, I absolutely cannot stand essays, even if I can write fairly decent ones. Unfortunately for me, the first three exams were entirely essay-based. But I muddled through, and last I checked I had a C. Which was before I took this exam, which I am entirely confident that I aced.

So yeah, just me trying to get all of that down while I can still remember it.

Meh.

~Salty
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #42 on: 15 December, 2009, 01:03:14 am »

I had Humanities at night too, on Tuesdays, so I know your pain. Our exams were the same more or less, but we also had online timed quizzes which were really intense for some reason...
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« Reply #43 on: 23 December, 2009, 02:01:35 am »

...I had an old Asian guy teaching me higher level calculus in Engrish this past semester...such a hopeless situation those lectures were
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #44 on: 23 December, 2009, 12:41:05 pm »

At least it's amusing some of the time.
Report Spam   Logged