Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 06:48:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

ILS' topic of blog type thingies and stuff!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ILS' topic of blog type thingies and stuff!  (Read 6945 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #300 on: 03 May, 2010, 05:04:13 pm »

May 3rd - 2010

Yet another day, yet another monster hunt.

First of all, I'm going to whine very briefly about this week. It's a week where I wake up at 6:30am in the morning, and I get home from scool at about 4:30pm. It sucks. Like, a lot. It's like second year all over again, though only for a week. It still sucks. And the only subject I'll be having is Electronics, which I despise. But I guess I need to finish my exam project anyway, so I guess there's nothing to do about it. Anyway, monster killin' update. Much shorter than last time I'd guess, as nothing much has happened and I'm tired. (EDIT: No it isn't. I just kept on writing regardless of my state of mind)

So yesterday, the Great Jaggi got it's ass handed to it by Cara. While anyone with a brain (with the exception of me) could probably have figured this out, there is one big reason for being able to use any type of weapon you want, at all times, without needing to specialize in it. Not all weapons are effective against all boss monsters. When I switched from the Lance type weapon to the Sword and Shield type weapon, a much smaller, weaker but faster weapon that relies on quick attacks and lots of dodging, it was easy...er. It was easier, still difficult. But it fell down, and I skinned it's ass right off.

After doing this mission, I could now encounter them in the wild. While freehunting. Sometimes I could encounter two of them. Needless to say, I've gotten a lot better at fighting them after encountering two of them at once. I've also switched main weapon types, from the Lance to a new type of weapon I found: The switch ax, which is basically like a swiss army knife. Only except knives and forks and stuff, it's a big ax that can transform into a big sword.

This is one of the most badass weapons I've seen in games. It could only be more awesome if it was a scythe and a sword, had **** and was on fire. Technically, Cara has one of those two things, so it's actually very hard for it to get more awesome.

In other, boss related news, I've encountered a new one, a Qurupeco. A giant half-bird-rooster-wyvern type thing.

Yeah, I don't know either.

After catching on to the game's increase in difficulty, this boss was taken down on my first try (okay, Cara died ONCE, but I didn't fail the mission). Instead of killing it, I even captured it, for the sheer sake of adding insult to it's injury. It also nets me better items, but that's just a bonus for me. The special thing about the Qurupeco is that it can replicate other monster's calls and roars. Meaning it can essentially summon other monsters to help it. Even boss monsters.

Like Great **** Jaggis. And later on in the game, other boss monsters. Oh goody goody gumdrops.

But it's okay. I'm getting my revenge by making an entire set of armor out of the Qurupeco monster. Which has pointed me to another one of this game's bastardized mechanics: The drop system.

True, you don't have to grind in Monster Hunter, which is okay. You're entirely dependant on your gear. However, your GEAR is entirely dependant on the item drops. Which you have to go out and spend time collecting. I.E, grind to get. Some of the items I've had to get so don't drop very often, which is quite annoying. But it'll be worth it, wearing my precious, colorfur armor!

(The right one. I don't plan to wear the hat.... Cara would.... Cara would not wear that hat.)

Tomorrow, I shall probably grind for the rest of the Qurupeco armor set, and then maybe set my eyes on a new boss monster: A Royal Ludroth. A Ludroth is basically a crocodile expy, so I expect the Royal Ludroth fight to be my first underwater boss monster battle, giving me a taste of what it will eventually be like to fight the Lagiacrus.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go admire my precious, colorful giant half-bird-rooster-wyvern armor. Hurhur, you can see the midriff... hawt...

~ILS

The underwater battle is going to be a ****
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: