Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:31:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

ILS' topic of blog type thingies and stuff!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ILS' topic of blog type thingies and stuff!  (Read 6870 times)
Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

I'm: Hawk
Mood: Horny

« Reply #270 on: 02 December, 2009, 06:09:10 pm »

*nods*
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #271 on: 10 December, 2009, 08:45:56 pm »

I can't even draw to save my life. I'm not even great at writing but I honestly don't give a **** as most people already know. I also just remembered its been a little while since I checked out your deviantart page.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #272 on: 16 December, 2009, 05:04:16 pm »

There probably isn't anything new <_< I haven't updated in ages, because I can't get around to drawing anything >_>
Report Spam   Logged

5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Disappointed

I'm5Bass

« Reply #273 on: 22 December, 2009, 05:42:49 pm »

Well, sometimes you just need to approach a situation from new angles. You'll think of something.
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the "First Person To Leave Dmax Speechless" Badge

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #274 on: 07 January, 2010, 12:19:57 pm »

I've forgotten my Deviant art password since it's been so long since I visited that website. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #275 on: 15 January, 2010, 04:51:24 pm »

January 15th - 2010

Once again, there's nothing really interesting to blog about, so I'll post a rant instead. Oh goody goody gumdrops in a gastronomic gas gallery. Since this rant will deal with taste and opinions, nothing will be facts. My opinion isn't the right opinion, it's just my own opinion.

I just want to ask a question here... am I the only one who's sick of hating on the Sonic franchise? Now, don't get me wrong... I'm not defending the games here (Well, not most of them anyway). Shadow the Hedgehog was mediocre at it's best, and boring at it's worst, while Sonic 06 took away what Sonic is all about, namely speed, and replaced it with glitches.

But those two games are the only games I would classify as being bad games. Let's take a look at the history of main Sonic games here, people.

Sonic 1 - Started everything. Good game, but compared to the later ones it's slightly bland now. Still good fun to play.
Sonic 2 - An improvement over the first game overall, still fun to play.
Sonic CD - A game that, to be honest, I've not really played much of. It's supposedly a really good 2D Sonic game.
Sonic 3
- Again, even move improvements. Still fun to play.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles - Arguably the best game of the franchise. Also the only game to ever feature Hyper Sonic and the super emeralds.
Sonic Adventure - Sonic's first leap into 3D. Pretty good, and still quite a bit of fun today.
Sonic Adventure 2 - Sonic's second 3D entry. Better story, but too little Sonic/Shadow gameplay. Although, still an enjoyable experience. Also featured Shadow before he became an emo in his own game (Oh, we'll get back to Shadow later in the rant)
Sonic Heroes - A mediocre game, but severely underrated. Not nearly as horrible as people proclaim, and I can still play it today and have a good time, despite the absolutely horribly cheesy lines, and story. LETS SHOW THAT CREEP THE REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK! Subtle Sega. Subtle.
Shadow the Hedgehog - Took the speed out of shadow, and replaced it with guns. The game where Shadow was an emo bastard. Not much else to say really... kind of boring gameplay to be honest.
Sonic 06 - .....Ooooooh boy....
Sonic Unleashed - Gave Sonic back his speed, and introduced 2.5D sections. Great Sonic levels overall. Introduced the werehog, a brawler type character. Again, arguably too few Sonic levels. Again, I think it's underrated. The werehog is less fun than Sonic, but not as ungodly horrible as some people claim.

Lest we forget the Sonic Rush games, which have both been very good (the first more than the second though), and the Sonic Riders series (Which was.... less than good, but fun for a short while.) Also Sonic battle (A decent game).

Looking over the above list... sure, the series has gone downhill ever since entering 3D, and many of the later games are mediocre. The spinoffs (except for the story book games, which are medicore or above) are crap, but generally the series has done decently. Not good, but not "oh **** piece of **** crap" horribly. Just... decently.

And yet people are always calling the Sonic series dead... Always saying that the games are horrible, even before they come out... always whining, always complaining, always bitching... and I, for one, am sick of it. Yes, the franchise has gone dowhill. We know that, everyone knows that. You don't have to whine about it. I think this is basically Final Fantasy VII syndrome all over again. People who have never even played the game says that it sucks, because... well, the internet says it sucks. It's fun to say it sucks. Same with the Sonic series. The internet just proclaims it dead, so therefore I'm not allowed to think on my own. I just have to nod and agree that it's dead. Then after I've done that, I can go out in the shower, drop the soap and get man raped by a giant **** Zangief motherfucker. Raped hard.

In the ass.

Seriously... You're ruining it, people. Your "love" for the franchise which causes you to **** and moan, is ruining it more than anything Sega does. Case in point: Sonic Unleashed. This game did it right. For the first time in many years, comes a game that does it right. There's a lot of story in the beginning of the game, then during the middle of the game, you're just running around through "zones" to do stuff, and then at the end you get a lot more story. That's how it should be done in a Sonic game. Furthermore, the cutscenes are more cartoony and fun, which suits the series. The less said about Sonic 06's "epic" story, the better. The sonic levels are ultra fast, and exhilerating. They're really fun to play, and they've got a slight nostalgic feel with the 2.5D sections. This is how Sonic is supposed to play in 3D.

But wait... Sega included a werehog. Which is slower, and a brawler. It's fun, but is ultimately a gimmick. And people **** hate this game because of it. Because of one, ****, thing. All the other things that was good about unleashed? **** that, the werehog sucks so the entire game sucks.

But how is that ruining it, you say? Well, by saying the game sucks balls, you're basically telling Sega that everything they did (mostly good, and a bit of bad) is wrong. Which means that they WON'T DO IT AGAIN. Are you retards? Have you no brains? Is there a vacuum inside your heads? I agree, the werehog was a gimmick (though Im' one of the few people who enjoyed playing as the werehog), but EVERYTHING ELSE WAS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. But your whining could mean that they'll take 6 steps backwards. Thanks a lot guys. You're truly the greatest fans ever.

One thing that I do agree on, is the fact that the series has too many unnecessary characters. The most controversial of which being Shadow the Hedgehog. Now let me get one thing straight: I like Shadow. When he's done right, I really like him, and when he's done wrong, he's crap.

Now, in Sonic adventure 2, Shadows first game, Shadow was done right. He mourned Maria, but didn't whine about her. He was cool/badass, without being too cheesy. And he was fast. That, is Shadow done right. Ironically, Shadow was done wrong in his own game, Shadow the Hedgehog. He was constantly whining about his past and Maria, and he was emo.

Yes, I mean emo, as in he wished he was never born. Don't believe me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lxgtpr4dKU&feature=related

Yes. Yes indeed.

Then, in Sonic 06, it was kind of weird... since he alternates between being done right, and being done.. meh.

The only game where I found him to be truly cringe worthy, was in his own game. In all other games he's been in, he's usually remained on the good scale of things. I think that he's a character who deserves more credit than he gets... but not too much. He's not THAT good of a character. Should he have stayed dead at the end of SA2? ...Possibly. The ending was really sad, and a fitting end to him in the game. Do I mind that he was brought back? Nope, can't say I do. There are worse characters... much worse than him. Just keep that in mind before flaming Shadow for being a bad character. He actually has some sort of personality.

I think that might do it... I'll probably think of more I could have written, but I think this is enough. ABRUPT END

this rant is pretty much invalid, I was capable of enjoying Shadow the Hedgehog in some sections
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #276 on: 15 January, 2010, 04:54:14 pm »

<v< Trudat.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #277 on: 15 January, 2010, 04:57:12 pm »

Indeed.

Also, when i say in the beginning that those two games (Shadow and Sonic 06) are the only true bad games, I meant for the main series. Some of the spinoffs are bad.
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #278 on: 15 January, 2010, 05:02:48 pm »

*nods*
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #279 on: 15 January, 2010, 05:10:47 pm »

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

On the subject of the Werehog, however, my main problem was that those levels greatly outnumbered the regular Sonic ones. It seemed to me like for every regular Sonic level, you had to play two or three Werehog levels, and it didn't help that each one took longer than the Sonic levels. The Werehog suffered from the same problem as the Tails/Eggman and Knuckles/Rouge levels in SA2. I wouldn't mind playing those levels as much as I do if they were in the minority, which sadly they're not.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #280 on: 15 January, 2010, 07:54:02 pm »

I agree. That, and the werehog levels were much longer than the Sonic levels. Most the improvements to how Sonic works in 3D was made by the day stages (and in my opinion, also the story and the feel of the game), the night stages were pretty much just gimmicky. I enjoyed them, but I enjoyed the Sonic levels much more. I think they said that the werehog/sonic levels were split around 60/40 or something like that... but the werehog leves are much longer, so they feel like 75% of the game.

Although I still think that the werehog gameplay would be so much better if it was tweaked a bit, and had Knuckles instead of the werehog. I didn't really mind the treasure hunting, but Knuckles' gameplay should have been the werehog's, a brawler/platforming type of affair.
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #281 on: 18 January, 2010, 07:41:50 pm »

Well, you probably already know my opinion on the matter anyway.

Indeed.

Also, when i say in the beginning that those two games (Shadow and Sonic 06) are the only true bad games, I meant for the main series. Some of the spinoffs are bad.
Sonic labyrinth?
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #282 on: 18 January, 2010, 07:49:10 pm »

Although I still think that the werehog gameplay would be so much better if it was tweaked a bit, and had Knuckles instead of the werehog. I didn't really mind the treasure hunting, but Knuckles' gameplay should have been the werehog's, a brawler/platforming type of affair.

Yeah, I guess... Though if they were going to do that they'd need to make the combat less repetitive.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #283 on: 24 January, 2010, 03:14:25 pm »

Well, you probably already know my opinion on the matter anyway.

Indeed.

Sonic labyrinth?
Indeed I do.

Is Sonic labyrinth a main game? I thought it was a spinoff... which is bad IMO.

Yeah, I guess... Though if they were going to do that they'd need to make the combat less repetitive.
True. They probably won't though.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #284 on: 24 January, 2010, 04:01:58 pm »

January 24th - 2010

The beginning of something new, and the beginning of titles

So, I started playing a game that I, for some reason, stopped playing a while ago, named Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard. Playing Etrian Odyssey 1 and loving it, it's strange I didn't continue on with the second one. However, I started playing it, and an hour or so in, I remembered how Gar chronicled his adventures with FF: Dissidia. And I thought to myself "That's an idea worthy of stealing is that." So that's what I'll do. However, I'll not chronicle MY adventures through this RPG... but my characters. Why? You'll see.

The game:
It's an old school style, first person, dungeon crawler RPG. True to form, it's balls-to-the-wall hard. Screw up once, and you can kiss your game over. If you know what you're doing, it'll be hard but you can manage it, for the most part. The game features no main characters, but is class based. You create your own characters from 12 different classes, each with 4 different "characters", two female and two male. Your party can consist of 5 characters, divided into the standard back row and front row. Front row takes more damage more frequently, but deals more damage with melee weapons. Back row deals crap damage with melee weapons, but normal damage with ranged weapons and magic, and takes less damage. You walk around the dungeon, drawing the map on the bottom screen of your DS. You encounter random battles, fight in first person, and find treasures. Simple as that, much much harder than it sounds.

The story:
From good old wiki: "Within the Grand Duchy of High Lagaard, a crisis has suddenly caused renewed interest in a floating castle which resides high in the clouds overhead. According to the available research, it can be reached by traversing a forested maze, the Yggdrasil Labyrinth, composed of many levels. In an effort to obtain the mythical "Grail of Kings" said to be kept in the floating palace, the Duke of High Lagaard is now recruiting adventurers in order to explore the labyrinth and discover exactly how to reach the castle. The player takes the role of the leader of one such guild of adventurers." There is essentially very little story. It's all gameplay. Now, with the game explained, and the story explained, lets move on to the meat of things...

The party:

Name: Cylvia
Class: Protector
A paladin-in-training, she's the leader of the group. Loyal, responsible, mature and level headed, she's what keeps the group going through tough times. Being a protector, she specializes in shielding her friends from harm, even being able to nullify elemental damage.
Role: Tank.

Name: Cara
Class: Dark hunter
Enjoys exploring, having fun and dominating monsters, she's the group's second in command. Teasing, taunting but friendly, she's a valuable asset for the group in terms of damage. Being a Dark hunter, she specializes in whipping enemies, keeping them from moving and reducing their attack power, her whip even capable of insta-killing enemies low on HP.
Role: Damage dealer (DPS)

Name: Nara
Class: Gunner
A master of all things firearms, he's known to never miss and fires faster than anyone else. Charming, friendly and outgoing, his long ranged attack power and ability to cure status effects serves the group very well. Being a Gunner, he specializes in hitting enemies at long range, even adding elemental damage to his shots, and being able to cure any status effect on all party members.
Role: Secondary damage dealer (DPS), support.

Name: Rita
Class: War magus
A healer who has learned the art of the sword, she's capable of holding her own both in hand to hand, and magic. Quick to anger, skeptical but well meaning, she's a vital part of the group as both a healer and damage dealer. Being a War magus, she specializes in healing, buffing and dealing damage. Working together with a hexer can make her quite powerful.
Role: Healer, tertiary damage dealer.

Name: Karin
Class: Hexer
A witch experimenting with the way of curses, monsters will regret going against her. Appears cold, scary, but quite funny and friendly inside, she's a prime example of looks being decieving. Being a Hexer, she specializes in debuffing the enemies through curses, or afflicting them with status effects. Hurt her too much, and she can deal massive damage with her revenge curse.
Role: Debuffer

With the introductions done, it's time to get to the REAL meat of stuff... LETS GO CAPS!

The beginning
The group assembled in the explorer's guild temple, ready to head into the Yggdrasil labyrinth. Going to the Duke's palace, they learned that to go anywhere in the labyrinth, they needed a proof card. They took on a mission in order to recieve the proof card: Make a map of the first floor of the labyrinth. Gearing up in Sitoth Trading with the limited money they had, they went into the labyrinth. They looked around, marvelling at the beautiful serene forest they found themeselves in. Walking forward, they encountered a guard who learned of their mission. Taking them deeper in the forest, they had to find their way back to the entrance, mapping the floor as they went. Taking off, things went mostly without a hitch. On the way, they encountered a rock water spring. Not knowing what to do with it, they continued on. Making it back to the entrance quickly, they were given the proof card, thus allowed full entrance into the labyrinth.

After gearing up more, and resting at the Flaus inn, they took a mission from the Stickleback bar. "Find some mineral rock water." Remembering the spring they found, they made their way to the spring and quickly gathered the water, easily clearing the mission. Deciding to explore the floor further, they continued deeper into the labyrinth. After a while, they reached a large room, with a giant fearful monster in the middle. Even when injured, the monster was clearly way out of their league, so they quickly moved on, eventually finding the stairs up to the next floor. Deciding to stay on the current floor to practice their skills on monsters to gain levels, they managed to get quite a bit better than they were at first. During their training, they discovered a jewel in a tree. Cara reached and grabbed it, but they were jumped by three giant caterpillar monsters. The group was quickly demolished, but through the power of plotholes (and loading the last save) they appeared back in Lagaard. After some more training, they went back to try again, this banishing the caterpillars. Karin's poison ability and Cara's Viper ability, both of which cause the poison affliction helped greatly. Now, they rest in the inn, preparing for the challenge on the upper floors...

I have no idea how much I'll do this. I'd prefer to do it everytime I play the game, but it's not always very interesting, or I'm not always in the mood. And yes, when they were demolished, I died. Not my fault, those **** caterpillars have 90 HP each, and at the time Cara only dealt 30 or so damage WITH her special skills. 'twas just an example of how much the game can **** you over. try to be greedy and get the gem, and you just might die horribly.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go do.. something. I have nothing clever to end this with.

God damn this is going to be a biiiiig task
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: