Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 12:48:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hawk's Eyrie (Now offering free tech support.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawk's Eyrie (Now offering free tech support.)  (Read 4662 times)
Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

I'm: Hawk
Mood: Horny

« on: 26 June, 2009, 05:49:48 pm »

Yup. This'll most likely be dead in... oh, give it a day, I reckon.

Anyhoo.

Me and Social Events

So, I went to the college leaver's prom tonight. (I'm English, remember. My College==American High School)

I knew, oh, all of five people who went there. Out of a hundred and fifty, or so. This is off to a good start. Sit down, eat food (free), go and buy drink. It just so happens that the cheapest drink available is Coke at £1.50 a glass... Crap. So, blow about a tenner on Coke for the evening. Great. Eating into my rather limited budget. Alcohol is on sale, and I am allowed it, but at roughly £5 a pint, screw that.

Mingling with strangers:
Let's just make it clear. I hate talking to strangers. Doesn't matter the situation, unless I'm introduced to someone, my end of the conversation trails off to a mumble. So, I'm wandering around, looking like a friendless social reject, (Ok, I can't really deny that one given the above...) and generally making a fool of myself by standing around with a drink, looking like the scenery.

Dancing:

Oh, dear.

Next thing, some utter stranger grabs me by the arm, and asks me to dance. "Score!", your average person might think. I don't like acting like a fool, even if others are doing it without at least a pint. Add to that the stranger thing, and the fact that I have never danced in my life. "Mumblemumblecan'tdance", extract arm from said person's grip, and continue twice over the course of the evening.

Well, that was fun.</sarcasm>

Me and making an utter prat of myself

I just got a new mobo and a processor, also today. A nice shiny Intel quad core, socket 775. I completely blow the *IT wise kid* thing out of the water by telling Tech Support that all the pins are missing off the bottom of the chip, and it is therefore useless, can I have a replacement, thankyouverymuch. Now, I'm used to using AMD processors, whch do have pins on the bottom... 775's don't. So, I'm now waiting to get a very sarcastic email back. And I am dreading it. Mostly 'cos I have to reply "Sorry, I'm a ****, nevermind, mark it of as an I-D-10-T error."

*facedesk*
« Last Edit: 13 August, 2009, 04:31:30 pm by Hawk_v3 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1 on: 26 June, 2009, 06:57:00 pm »

The whole dancing/strangers thing sounds like something I'd do.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #2 on: 26 June, 2009, 06:58:43 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #3 on: 26 June, 2009, 07:11:16 pm »

Sounds like most of the parties I go to. Except I latch onto the people I know like a leech, in order to not look like a social reject. Which I am, but try not to look like.

And look on the bright side. Someone WANTED to dance with you. I've never been asked to dance. Ever.
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: 27 June, 2009, 04:25:00 am »

Well, at least I'm not the only one then.

Sounds like most of the parties I go to. Except I latch onto the people I know like a leech, in order to not look like a social reject. Which I am, but try not to look like.

And look on the bright side. Someone WANTED to dance with you. I've never been asked to dance. Ever.

I nearly did that.

I'm not entirely convinced she was being serious.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Mood: Grateful

Rotom!

« Reply #5 on: 27 June, 2009, 04:33:08 am »

Well, atleast she asked you...

Sounds like quite the experience.
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: 27 June, 2009, 04:43:15 am »

An iffy one, yes.
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: 27 June, 2009, 12:19:16 pm »

Computers.

*censor bleep for a minute* ARSEY ****ING COMPUTERS!

My God! How hard is it to boot from a HDD? Apparently very much so. My new board hates IDE drives. And all my precious, irreplaceable stuff is on the one drive it *will* boot off. Pity that I need to *wipe* that drive in order to put Windoze on it. Oh, and this would happen *before* the day of a LAN party.

*hates overexpensive computer parts, not having the money to get another drive it likes, not having a job, and Bill Gates*
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #8 on: 27 June, 2009, 12:36:06 pm »

Computers are a pain. They've been dying left and right around me >_>
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: 27 June, 2009, 12:38:54 pm »

...Normally, I wouldn't care too much about someone like you being near my stuff. It's resilient. Today, however...
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #10 on: 27 June, 2009, 12:43:08 pm »

Lol

It started a while back with my dad's laptop, then my older brother's, then my older sister's, mine crashed a few weeks back and had to reinstall everything. The church computer I use had the graphics card die, then a couple months later the hard drive died, and just recently my mom's old laptop died, but we saw that one coming.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: 27 June, 2009, 12:45:23 pm »

Yeah... Please stay away from the scattered and unboxed parts of my rig... It doesn't like me at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: 25 July, 2009, 02:06:51 pm »

*uses Phoenix Down on topic*

Phoenix: *bodily slaps Hawk* And next time you nick a piece of my down, I'll cremate you!

*gets back up from the floor, rubs his beak*
So, good -*glances at clock*- evening people.

Firstly, HAWK HAS A JOB!!! *dances unashamedly* ^v^ At this moment, I could almost dance with another girl I'm so happy.

Bad news. It's a 7:30AM wake up time, and Hawk has screwed his bodyclock over so badly he now falls asleep at two in the morning...

Secondly, Hawk has had a major disagreement with Art. He hates his hands because they won't draw what his mind can imagine. He hates his drawings, because they look crap, further reinforcing his crappyness and unwillingness to draw. So, I'm starting from scratch. Drawing apples, still life, people *spits* that kind of stuff.

And that's about it for today.
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: 25 July, 2009, 05:24:09 pm »

ADDENDUM: Hawk is now pissed for the first time in his young life.
Report Spam   Logged

Willard, Lord of The Shrubs
Your Lord and Master; One of the 6 keepers of Random Junk
Flame Spirit

Username: Willard
Mood: Sleepy

Oh yes.

« Reply #14 on: 25 July, 2009, 05:36:17 pm »

Mr. Art is a fickle fiend. One needs practice to get better, yet will be discouraged when they cannot immediately draw what they imagine. I'm in the same boat right now... ^ ^''

What job do you have?

And... pissed? At whom / with what?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: