Ultimate Paradise
18 January, 2021, 09:03:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

An Excuse for Vanity

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Excuse for Vanity  (Read 394 times)
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« on: 30 June, 2009, 09:56:59 pm »

Monday June 29th, 2009

Ran into an old friend in front of Panda Express at the mall. He had been my best friend since kindergarten and used to be in my West African drumming group. Told me about how our old instructor was putting together an adult group and that he'd call me sometime this week about it. I doubt he'll actually remember to do so and I can just contact the guy; even still, it was cool running into him. It was slightly awkward because I had just spoken with someone the day previous about all the trouble/crap he's been getting into. We both have talked about going back to Guinea, West Africa to take place in the annual drum workshop that we took part in three years ago.

Recently found out that my college transcripts were withheld because of "extraneous charges" on my bursar account. By teh time those were taken care of and the transcripts came in, it was after the date that two of my scholarships I had won wanted said transcripts by. $2,500. My mom was pretty torn up about it; she felt responsible, yet I insisted that it was entirely my responsibility. If she did make a mistake and told me the wrong date/whatever, it was still my fault. She took it really hard and began to talk about a lot of personal issues related to parenting and how she felt she never had a good example. I listened and just kept quiet instead of trying to come up with something comforting. She managed to regain her composure and ended up comforting me; it's always difficult to watch your parents cry or be unsure of themselves.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: