Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 04:57:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

An Excuse for Vanity

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Excuse for Vanity  (Read 796 times)
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« on: 05 July, 2009, 12:28:13 am »

Tuesday June 30th, 2009

Found out that I could still turn in the transcripts and not lose the scholarship money. Much to my mom's relief. Went to the place, dropped them off. Had some Wendy's I believe.

Wednesday July 1st, 2009

Went to Chicago with my mom, dad and girlfriend to see Femi Kuti at the Ravinia Faestival in Highland Park. So much incredible amazingness. Femi was...I'll just say that I would be gay for him if ever he needed me to.

Also before the show, we ran into an old friend who had taught the dancers in my West African drumming group a few years back. Their drum/dance group opened for the show and I participated in the dance they showed everyone. I did a RUN DMC pose after the dance was over. They were awesome; really energetic and able to mix traditional music with some modern beats at appropriate times. My girlfriend and mom danced for a bit; my dad got footage of them and of me, but only about 10 seconds worth.

We were in the third row, so people were pretty hype there. Kuti gave the most awesome sex talk I've ever heard during his final number "Beng, Beng, Beng". Everyone was up dancing and did my little routine to the song where I act the different lyrics out...wonderful. The dancers were hot and I tried to take pictures of them, but she kept grabbing the camera from me.

King Sunny Ade performed after Femi, and my girlfriend and I left to walk around the venue. It was a very nice night (albeit a bit chilly). We did stuff and went into an empty tent a fair distance away from the main path around the lawn area to do more just as a guard came walking down the path. He didn't say anything and we walked past him awkwardly; we all knew what was going on, but the silent understanding we all had kept talking from being a necessity. We went back after the show had ended and made our way home.

Thursday July 2nd, 2009

Nothing that I can even remember happened.

Friday July 3rd, 2009

Did 80 sit-ups and watched a Super Mario 64 speedrun, a Super Mario Sunshine Speedrun and some Metroid Prime speedrun.

Saturday July 4th, 2009

Lit very few fire works. Lied about having a shopping cart of death comprised of M-80s and Artillery Shells in the hopes someone would try it. Thought about finishing an article I'm "working" on.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: