Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 12:14:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

An Excuse for Vanity

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Excuse for Vanity  (Read 790 times)
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« on: 12 July, 2009, 01:01:35 pm »

Last Thursday, we picked up my girlfriend and brought her to town. We had been going out a lot when we visited theh other, so she just wanted to watch movies/play videogames. Since the TV, that was hooked up to a surge protector and not left on for long periods of time, had inexplicably decided to blink out and not work, we just watched The Cable Guy and Raising Arizona on her laptop. She really enjoyed both and since I hadn't seen them in a long while, so did I. Intermission between the movies wasn't exactly what I had planned on, but it was still phenomenal.

Over the last year, I've found that virtually nothing happens as I expect it to. That isn't to say that things happen better or worse than what I planned for, but it's always something different. Even when I've planned out what will happen and events unfold according to plan, the experience, the way I perceive the situation itself, won't be the same as what I expected.

I just accept that as reality; no matter what, you can never fully know what is to come. The future is forever dynamic.

I also had a dream last night. I was at the studio with all of the old jenbe group members. We were discussing another trip to Guinea and were sitting close to one another. Jonathan, a kid from high school who had nothing to do with the jenbe group was sitting nearby for some reason; he had a phone that was shaped like his own face/head which has always been infamously large since birth. A few other people from high school were there and they laughed at the phone as well. Bruce and Alexa, members of the group, sat right next to me but I couldn’t really tell who was in front of us all talking.

I went outside and was walking down the sidewalk in downtown Chicago. The sun was setting the sunlight was a warm orange glow, yet there was also plenty of dark shadows, yet not so much to remove color from within them. I saw Guillermo from high school up on a street light over the middle of the street. It was like a “walk/don’t walk” sign, yet it was hanging like a traffic light. There was something on the light that he was pulling off. I took out my camera and took a picture of him up there.

He dropped down and when he did, Connor from high school ran by and snatched whatever it was the Guillermo had. A chase ensued. Connor was really fast, yet I was able to match him. Guillermo and another kid were running behind me. I realized that I was wearing my tan plaid banded jacket and the nameless kid was wearing a tweed suit, Guillermo some plaid shorts and white shirt and Connor had on a tweed overcoat with trilby hat.

We went through countless alleyways and down the middle of streets between mild traffic. A couple times, Connor would duck inside some warehouse and we have to jump over and around machinery, cargo and the like. He was frequently darting out of my field of vision. I had slid under a high-from-the-ground fence and saw him run into the convention hall a couple blocks away from the music/dance studio.

We ran in through the back and came across a lot of people in formal business wear talking with one another. The hallways we were moving through didn’t have a high ceiling and we all were wearing plaid and tweed clothing that somewhat fit with what everyone else was wearing. I turned to the kid that I didn’t recognize, but knew and he just gave a bewildered shrug.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: