Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 10:01:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Vanishing point

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanishing point  (Read 2384 times)
Willard, Lord of The Shrubs
Your Lord and Master; One of the 6 keepers of Random Junk
Flame Spirit

Username: Willard
Mood: Sleepy

Oh yes.

« Reply #15 on: 22 July, 2009, 01:12:56 pm »

Mm, pretty much. One thing I feel I should mention, however, is that in this particular program, it is difficult to create your own shapes... that is, you cannot easily 'create' a wire frame so much as you can 'spawn' it. You are given multiple choices on the 'create' bar on the top menu above the manipulation screen or press the small triangle beside it for some extra stuff [if you get into the program, this will be very useful]. Once you have your shape, you cannot [to the extent of my knowledge] pull, twist, crush or otherwise change the basic shape of the wire frame. You can, however, as I have, take a positive oriented shape, and group it with a negative one to create a type of composite, then convert it into a Boolean object and save it in a file for safekeeping. You can also import other previously created wire frames from other programs.
So, you while it's fairly easy to spawn basic shapes, you can't actually create custom shapes before they actually spawn, and it's basically impossible to warp shapes either, but shapes can be combined in order to make it appear that they're actually a different shape. So, in other words, just like polygons.

You've got it. You can actually save custom shapes you've made into an alternate menu and pull it out quickly whenever you need it, which makes it much more practical to use the same custom shapes in multiple files without having to merge them externally. Oh, and I think I made an error; you CAN pull and stretch those wire frames, what I meant to say was that you CANNOT actually change the way it is formed [referring to the polygons that make up the object] unless you create a Boolean shape through conversion, but then it is something else entirely and still cannot be changed. For that, I recommend a program called Wings3D which I once used to create polygon objects from scratch... I'm not sure if it is compatible with Bryce though.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: