Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 05:21:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Pop Culture Showdown Fights

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pop Culture Showdown Fights  (Read 2031 times)
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #45 on: 25 July, 2009, 02:43:32 am »

Apocalypse vs. Shuma Gorath vs. Deadpool

Round 4, Day 44:

Within the dark hell-stained pit of Earth, Shuma-Gorath bided his time in his lair as he concocted further plans to cause chaos amongst humanity.

Shuma stood over his globe replica in concentration when a bright purple flash filled the lair. Apocalypse’s being lit the room like a roaring flame as he marched towards the Lord of Chaos.

“I see you have come at last,” Shuma noted, his gaze remaining on the globe.

“We have business that needs attending to,” Apocalypse stated simply.

“Indeed, but truly there is nothing to discuss. Mankind belongs to me and that is that.”

“You are wrong!” Apocalypse shouted, “Mankind has evolved! We have grown too big for your fist to contain! I shall free us from your rule, and in doing so, secure humankind’s future under my own supervision.”

“Most amusing,” Shuma chuckled, “You wish to liberate your species from me only to rule it yourself. Humans are so contradictory, but that’s a good thing. It adds to the chaos that is my power.”

“Your power is meaningless now that we have evolved. It is impossible for you to hold us,” Apocalypse warned grimly.

“Is it?” Shuma asked honestly as he turned his attention to mutant, “Well then, why don’t you give us a demonstration?”

“Of course,” Apocalypse agreed, “This confrontation was only inevitable.

The aura’s around the two god-like beings flared fiercely as they prepared for battle, both unleashing their true power when a massive explosion set the ceiling of the lair ablaze, choking it with smoke and debris as it collapsed.

Deadpool stood in the center of the fallen debris, his hand still holding the detonator.

“I followed the map and I am not seeing any half-naked chicks with swords. If Weasel was lying to me I’m gonna take his leg-benders off.” Deadpool muttered.

The two Godly forces stared down Deadpool for interrupting their confrontation as he continued muttering to himself incoherently. Apocalypse finally clearing his throat in order to get the Merc’s attention.

“Oh sorry, I’m not interrupting your tea party am I? And here I left my dress at home…” Deadpool apologized.

“Such benightedness,” Shuma growled as a small eyeball detached from his tentacle and flew towards Deadpool.

“Wow… that’s really gross, so do you still have to put eye drops on that or…” Deadpool sputtered as the eye exploded on top of him, sending the Merc flying into the wall while still smoking from the flames.

“Where were we?” Shuma asked as he turned his attention back to where Apocalypse was supposed to be only to find a distinct emptiness.

A massive beam of energy pierced through Shuma from behind, leaving a smoking hole as it cut through the demon like butter. The demon closed his eye in pain as it concentrated on the wound, forcing it to close up and heal over.

“A cheap shot. Somewhat telling of mankind as a whole wouldn’t you say?” Shuma asked as he turned around towards the source of the beam, only to find nothing there either. Another beam came down on top of Shuma, crushing him into the ground as he was forced between the beam and the bedrock beneath him.

After the energy subsided, Apocalypse marched towards the newly created crater only to find a green liquid left at the bottom.

“I didn’t intend to liquidize him, but it is a nice enough end I suppose.” Apocalypse muttered.

A dozen tentacles suddenly shot from puddle and quickly wrapped themselves around Apocalypse before twisting and crushing him with their surprising strength. The mutant roared in pain as he teleported a few feet away to a safe location. Shuma-Gorath slithered out from the crater showing no damage as Apocalypse’s wounds healed over as well.

“I see, so I’ll merely have to summon a beam of energy large enough to disintegrate you, an easy enough-“ Was all Apocalypse managed to say before a Katana struck him through the skull and dove deeply into his body.

“Surprise!” Deadpool shouted as he removed the sword and showingly swept to ground between the two.

The wound cleanly closed up as Apocalypse refocused his attention on Deadpool.

“A healer eh? Well I can fix that,” Apocalypse grimly spoke as he placed his massive hand on Deadpool’s shoulder, both disappearing in a flash of purple light a second later.

The two reappeared in space, orbiting around the Earth as Deadpool quickly began having a seizure as he attempted to reach for the teleporter at his belt. The Merc finally became still as he fell into the Earth’s atmosphere.

“That solves that problem,” Apocalypse proudly said into the vacuum as he dusted off his hands.

A green orb of mass appeared before him, stretching and lashing out in all directions until it reformed back into Shuma-Gorath.

“We shall continue our fight then?” Shuma suggested.

“I can’t think of a better place to hold the battle that will decide the ruler of this world,” Apocalypse confirmed.

“Then perhaps it’s time to get serious,” Shuma said as his body began rapidly expanding until his massive size ruled over Apocalypse’ frame; the demon’s full form stretching out into the horizon from Earth’s viewpoint.

“You consider this to be problematic?” Apocalypse said as he charged a ball of pure energy in his palms, “This will rob your entire body of its potential and kinetic energy, rendering your mass into nothingness. Prepare yourself for the end demon!”

“I will not let that happen!” Shuma shrieked as his massive tendrils formed into enormous blades and soared into the mutant.

The two collided instantaneously. Neither of the Godly figures moved a molecule for seconds before the ball of energy in Apocalypse’ hand slowly faded and dimmed into nothingness, hundreds of slash marks appearing all over the mutant’s body.

Apocalypse slowly drifted into thousands of pieces as Earth’s gravity pulled the pieces into its atmosphere, consuming them in flames.

Shuma let out a roar of laughter as its tentacles stretched around the planet.

“Evolve as far as you wish dear planet. But you will always belong to me!”
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #46 on: 25 July, 2009, 02:44:25 am »

Vampire Hunter D vs. Alucard vs. Space Ghost

Round 4, Day 45:
D wandered through a flowering meadow amidst his travels when something strange caught his vampiric senses.

From the surrounding forests ran a tall, blond-haired, man with a ghastly pale face and a drawn sword. Blasts of energy appeared behind him from thin air as the man swiftly dodged them.

From across the field, Alucard looked over at D, both of them instantly sensing each other as half-vampires. D nodded at Alucard, who immediately jumped over to him.

Alucard and D stood back to back, their swords drawn as they waited for any sign of their mutual enemy.

“He’s attacking from my side!” Alucard shouted over his shoulder as a beam of energy emanated from thin air, aiming at the two who quickly leapt in different directions to avoid the blast before jumping back.

“It’s bad,” Alucard muttered.

“I sense it too,” D agreed, “Not only can this guy turn invisible, he seems to be able to teleport as well.”

Another blast flew from the air, but this time the two found that they were unable to move, surrounded by an energy barrier that held them still as the beam flew towards them.

“Can you survive the blast?” Alucard quickly asked.

“I think so,” D muttered.

“Good. Distract him,” Alucard barked as the blast hit them both creating a large explosion that choked the air with dust.

Space Ghost deactivated his invisibility as he hovered over to the cloud of dust he had recently made. D’s silhouette being barely visible.

“Well I didn’t mean to incinerate the poor guy, but I guess that’s case closed,” Space Ghost muttered.

“Not quite,” D wheezed as his vampiric regeneration helped him quickly recover from his minor wounds.

“Another vampire huh? Damn, this area must be filled with ‘em. Well, it’s a living I suppose,” Space Ghost said as he raised his gauntlet at D and prepared to fire.

D quickly took off his left glove, revealing a hole on his Left Hand that expanded rapidly as he dashed towards Space Ghost. The officer let off a shot just as D came upon him, shoving Left Hand’s mouth onto Space Ghost’s forearm as the Symbiote quickly began sucking Space Ghost into itself.

Space Ghost instinctively planted his foot on D’s chest and kicked himself off the vampire, freeing his arm in the process.

“Well that was just gross. Eat Light-Ray vampire scum!” Space Ghost shouted as he raised his arm to fire, but found that his gauntlet was nowhere in sight.

“My Left Hand thanks you for the meal,” D smirked.

“Ah sugar babies,” Space Ghost muttered.

Suddenly a squirt of blood shot from Space Ghost’s chest, as a reformed Alucard stabbed him through the back with his sword. The officer being dead before he had a chance to hit the ground.

Alucard wiped his sword clean as he looked over at D.

“Thanks for the assist. I’m sure I could’ve done it myself, but you simply made it happen faster,” Alucard nodded, “Funny thing to run into a fellow halfbreed like myself.”

D nodded gravely, “I sense you have powerful blood in your veins. Alucard correct? The son of Dracula?”

“Right on target. Let me guess, you’re a vampire hunter then? So many halfbreeds are these days,” Alucard sighed, “Well if you’re out for blood, then you should have nothing against me. I’m as much a vampire as you are.”

“True,” D agreed, “But I’m after your father, and I think killing you would help bring him to me.”

Alucard smiled before drawing his sword, “Not exactly a solid plan, but I’m perfectly willing to let you give it a try.”

D charged into Alucard as their steel clashed, Alucard parrying but D countering it, the two half-breeds fought with equal skill and will.

After swiftly blocking D’s counter, Alucard placed his boot on the side of D’s blade and cleanly kicked off, unleashing a dozen fireballs as he flew.

D quickly raised his Left Hand, which opened its mouth wide and consumed the flames, absorbing the power and feeding it into the Hunter.

“So it absorbs energy as well as matter,” Alucard noted, “Very interesting.”

“You haven’t seen anything yet,” D smirked as he flew into Alucard with his renewed power, moving faster than Alucard could raise his sword in order to cut through him, ending up at his back in an instant.

Alucard fell to the ground in pain as he attempted to nurse the massive slash across his chest.

“Even the son of Dracula can best me with this symbiote inside me. Now do you see the difference in levels beneath us? There’s simply no way you can beat me,” D coldly stated.

“You want to talk about differences in level?” Alucard said as he pulled himself to his feet, “Allow me to show you my true capabilities, then you can talk, if you are still able to.”

Weapons formed around Alucard as he summoned his Mablung Sword and the Alucard Shield.

“More weapons? Those won’t work against me,” D stated.

“No?” Alucard asked as he quickly sprinted into the Vampire Hunter and swiftly knocked him to the ground with shield using unparalleled speed.

The son of Dracula fell on top of the Hunter and held him to the ground with his shield, the combination of his two weapons tearing D apart and absorbing D’s health into Alucard.

D was defenseless against the searing pain and damage caused by the shield as he finally dispersed into a cloud of lifeless dust.

Alucard got to his feet as he looked at the dust.

“That is the difference in power between the son of Dracula, and some third-rate vampire hunter. Thanks for the help, but if you’ll excuse me, I must take my leave, not that you mind I’m sure.”
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #47 on: 25 July, 2009, 02:45:10 am »

Shuma Gorath vs. Alucard

Championship:

A bright flash appeared at the top of Dracula’s castle, on the balcony that leads to the vampire’s lair. From the flash stepped a tall pale man, with black dyed hair and wearing a modern business suit.

“Who could possibly wish to resurrect my father again?” Alucard muttered as he looked around the resummoned castle, appearing exactly the same as it had almost 300 years ago when Alucard had destroyed it last.

“What mortal would dare interrupt my plans?” A deep gurgling voice uttered from the darkness within Dracula’s chamber. The creature stepped into the light to reveal the tentacled figure of Shuma-Gorath.

“If you think me to be a ‘mere mortal’ then you’re about to be in for a surprise,” Alucard coolly responded as he analyzed his opponent.

“Ah, I sense your cursed blood,” Shuma noticed, “You must be his son! Am I not mistaken Alucard?”

“It’s been almost a hundred years since someone’s addressed me with that name, but you’re right. That’s my father you’re trying to bring back, and I’m afraid I can’t allow you to do that.”

“Ah, but you’re part vampire yourself!” Shuma responded, “You should be helping me, even thanking me for my efforts here! When my plans are complete, your kind shall usher in an era of absolute rule!”

“And how do you intend to do that?” Alucard asked.

“Being the ruler of Mankind is a hobby of mine, but I’m afraid I’ve grown tired of this pitifully weak species that serves me no purpose. But vampires on the other hand, are powerful creatures that can live forever! That is something I can use! Imagine it, an entire planet of such beasts under my command. I’d be all powerful!” Shuma shouted.

“And what of the humans?” Alucard asked simply.

Shuma’s eye glint deviously as he replied, “They will finally serve a purpose. An army must be fed after all.”

“Unacceptable,” Alucard said while drawing his blade, “You will not resurrect my father and such harm will not come to these humans. That is simply that.”

“You honestly think you can defeat me?” Shuma gasped in genuine surprise, “The difference in power between the two of us is beyond your comprehension!”

“Others have said that much to me before,” Alucard smiled as he rushed towards the Lord of Chaos and swung his Crissaegrim into the demon. Shuma cackled as his body turned to liquid, rendering the swipes entirely ineffective.

Multiple razor-sharp tentacles erupted from the puddle and shot into Alucard, who barely had time to block them with his Alucard Shield. The demon slowly reformed from the puddle, appearing far more daunting than before.

“Do you see now how useless it is to fight against me? Give it up! Nothing will work,” Shuma taunted.

“You think all I have is sword and shield?” Alucard asked as he teleported through Shuma’s defenses and slashed into it again, with Shuma simply turning into liquid to dodge his blows. As tentacles were springing from the puddle once again, a Demon Familiar was summoned from the thin air as it charged at the puddle from behind.

“Ice Spear!” The demon shouted as it propelled its spear deep into the puddle of ooze, freezing it over completely and causing the room to fall silent.

A long crack appeared in the puddle, followed by hundreds more, eventually shattering the puddle as Shuma Gorath turned his body back into liquid before reforming, roaring with fury.

“You think it would be that easy to defeat me!?” Shuma shouted, as dozens of his tentacles shot into the son of Dracula. Alucard charged into the demon’s tentacles, allowing himself be impaled by them while wielding a blood red sword, different from before.

Alucard weakly plunged the sword into Shuma, who turned to liquid to dodge the blade while Alucard continued swinging. The demon suddenly felt a burning pain in the liquid around the sword as he realized his soul was being sucked into it.

“The Mourneblade,” Alucard clarified with a smile, “It drains your soul in order to heal my wounds. Meaning the more I’m hurt, the more of your soul it takes,” The half-vampire finished as his wounds from being impaled healed over.

Shuma quickly smashed into Alucard with a massive tentacle, sending him and his sword flying off of him as he weakly got back on his tentacles. The Demon charged a massive ball of energy in front of him before unleashing it on Alucard, who stood in front of the onslaught patiently.

The explosion that followed demolished the lair, sending wood and stone flying for miles and filling the area with a thick cloud of dust.

“You put up an interesting fight vampire,” Shuma muttered, “But my plans cannot be halted by someone as insignificant as-“ but the Demon was interrupted by the outline of Alucard calmly walking towards him through the dust cloud.

“Was that your finishing attack? I’m sorry but I was prepared for something far more powerful,” Alucard taunted as he exited the dust cloud, revealing his business suit that had been torn to shreds, and the yellow armor that was beneath it.

“How?” Was all Shuma was able to stutter.

Alucard pounded on his yellow armor proudly, “The Walk Armor,” he explained, “It raises my defense the more I travel. After exploring about 1 square mile, no mortal can possibly harm me, and I’ve been walking for 300 years.”

Shuma-Gorath angrily threw a razor-sharp tentacle at Alucard, only to have it harmlessly bounce off of the half-vampire. Next several eyeballs flew from the demon’s body and detonated at Alucards feet without even phasing him.

“Give it up,” Alucard shrugged, “You can’t defeat me. How did you put it? ‘The difference in power between the two of us is beyond your comprehension’?” Alucard smirked.

“NO!” Shuma shrieked, “I cannot be defeated so easily! Prepare yourself mortal, for my true might!”

Shuma floated into the air, eventually rising into the heavens themselves as his body quickly began expanding and growing at a rapid rate, filling the horizon in a matter of seconds.

“How do you intend to defeat me now that I’m in this form!?” Shuma boomed as he looked down upon Alucard’s small frame.

Alucard’s response only took one second. From his equipment, Alucard pulled out a watch, an orb, a helmet and a dull blade, placing the four items in front of him and addressing the Demon Lord.

“I intend to defeat you with these,” Alucard simply replied gesturing at the equipment.

Shuma-Gorath let out a roar of laughter that shook the Earth as he looked back down at the son of Dracula, “Very well, we shall see!”

A massive ball of energy the size of Dracula’s castle began charging in front of Shuma as he prepared to fire down upon Alucard when the Half-Vampire swiftly picked up the dull blade before disappearing in a flash of red light.

Alucard reappeared high up in the Earth’s atmosphere, his lack of need for oxygen allowing him to safely stand on top of Shuma-Gorath’s massive form as he struck the dull blade deep into the Demon’s flesh before teleporting back to the balcony where his items lay.

From the balcony, Alucard watched as Shuma began writhing in pain.

“The Stone Sword,” Alucard said while the ball of energy Shuma was charging dissipated, as the Lord of Chaos quickly turned to rock.

“Normally, the effects only last 30 seconds,” Alucard continued as he picked up the watch, “Which isn’t nearly long enough, which is why I brought this,” He motioned to the watch and clicked it.

“That’ll slow down the stone effect, allowing it to last about 3 minutes. Usually, you’d simply stay where you were frozen at for three minutes,” Alucard said as he placed the Dragon Helmet atop his head, “But with your massive body, you’ll be sucked into Earth’s atmosphere. But don’t worry, as a mass, you’re far too big to be completely engulfed in it.”

Suddenly cracks began appearing all over Shuma’s stoned body, spreading until they completely covered the demon.

“Which is why I’m wearing this helmet that will make your body too weak to hold itself together,” Alucard finished as he picked up the orb and used it to summon the Sword Familiar.

The floating sword nodded at Alucard before flying up into the heavens to meet the falling Shuma, splitting into dozens of identical swords along the way. There was a bright flash as the swords made contact, piercing through the Demon’s statue, which stood perfectly intact for a few moments before crumbling apart into smaller pieces that burned up as they entered the atmosphere.

“I’m not entirely sure what you were,” Alucard said to the flaming pieces of rock, “But I know that you will no longer be a threat to the human race.

With that, Alucard disappeared in a bright flash of blood red light while Dracula’s castle collapsed on top of itself.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #48 on: 25 July, 2009, 03:00:08 am »

Feel free to use the rest of this topic to talk about the fights and post questions/comments/concerns.

As for my personal favorite fight, I'd have to say it would be Brock Sampson vs. The Hulk, I can just see them going at it so easily hit for hit in the beginning.

For my favorite character to write, it's probably a tie between Space Ghost and Omega Rugal, I always looked forward to writing their fights.
Report Spam   Logged

Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #49 on: 25 July, 2009, 12:16:28 pm »

Luffy should have beaten D. He was in Gear 2nd.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #50 on: 25 July, 2009, 12:23:33 pm »

Thanks for making them easier to find.

*eagerly awats next battle*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #51 on: 25 July, 2009, 02:37:05 pm »

Luffy should have beaten D. He was in Gear 2nd.

D's surprisingly tough regardless, especially if he absorbs some of his opponent's power. Plus Luffy's weakness has always been bladed weapons.

Thanks for making them easier to find.

*eagerly awats next battle*

I'm about 1/5 of the way through the profiles. 100 profiles is a lot of writing...
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #52 on: 25 July, 2009, 04:18:57 pm »

I'd imagine.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Gaffit

« Reply #53 on: 26 July, 2009, 01:56:16 am »

Though it does suck that I'm moving at such a slow pace. Hopefully it'll be up and running before school starts, and even then I'll have to find the time to write the Adamantium Division, God help the Steel.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: