Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 07:43:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Anyone watching the new Bleach filler? (Episode 230)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone watching the new Bleach filler? (Episode 230)  (Read 1091 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #60 on: 17 December, 2009, 05:47:34 pm »

Yeah. The only way around questionable time placement is to just write a story that takes place before the canon timeline.

Kubo wrote the story for the 3rd Phantom game, and had to make it take place before the Pendulum Arc. I guess its more like Bleach ties its fillers to the canon story by references/ character relationships, instead of chronological order...

Isn't Kisuke a captain during 3rd Phantom?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Mood: Grateful

Rotom!

« Reply #61 on: 17 December, 2009, 06:03:13 pm »

Yeah. The only way around questionable time placement is to just write a story that takes place before the canon timeline.

Kubo wrote the story for the 3rd Phantom game, and had to make it take place before the Pendulum Arc. I guess its more like Bleach ties its fillers to the canon story by references/ character relationships, instead of chronological order...

He is. None of the Vizard Characters were there, so it had to have happened before they came along. Couldn't have happened after they got the masks either...

Somethings missing.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #62 on: 17 December, 2009, 06:09:38 pm »

He is. None of the Vizard Characters were there, so it had to have happened before they came along. Couldn't have happened after they got the masks either...

Somethings missing.

But Kisuke was only a captain during Shinji Hirako's time as captain. That simple fact alone means that 3rd Phantom takes places outside the regular timeline.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #63 on: 17 December, 2009, 06:11:14 pm »

Somethings missing.
Yeah, like sense. Urahara was MADE a captain while Shinji was captain. Unless you're going to suggest that it happened while Urahara was hiding the Vizard, which is completely ridiculous.
« Last Edit: 17 December, 2009, 06:20:12 pm by His Saltiness, Salty the Man » Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #64 on: 17 December, 2009, 06:15:08 pm »

Somethings missing.
Yeah, like sense. Ukitake was MADE a captain while Shinji was captain. Unless you're going to suggest that it happened while Ukitake was hiding the Vizard, which is completely ridiculous.

I think you mean Urahara. And I already pretty much made that point...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #65 on: 17 December, 2009, 06:34:28 pm »

Oh yeah. Hmm...but why write the story as if they didn't exist? You might as well make more filler characters to fill there place.

The only thing I can think of is that Kubo wrote 3rd Phantom's story and knew its release would be before anything was revealed in the manga.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #66 on: 17 December, 2009, 06:37:48 pm »

Oh yeah. Hmm...but why write the story as if they didn't exist? You might as well make more filler characters to fill there place.

The only thing I can think of is that Kubo wrote 3rd Phantom's story and knew its release would be before anything was revealed in the manga.

Or maybe he just wanted to include more familiar faces. It's not like every story he writes has to take place in the same timeline. Look at the movies. Where are they supposed to go? Then there's that Shattered Blade game with that arrancar, Arturo Plateado. It's pretty obvious that's not part of the regular timeline.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #67 on: 17 December, 2009, 06:40:43 pm »

I suppose so.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print