Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 04:16:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

This is a dream (CYOA)[DO NOT POST, BUT YOU CAN READ]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is a dream (CYOA)[DO NOT POST, BUT YOU CAN READ]  (Read 1798 times)
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« on: 15 August, 2009, 02:35:07 pm »

Hi everyone! here is my attempt at something that could be interesting. A CYOA, but like the books. Choose what to do and follow the link!

Game rules.

What you will need:
2 dices (common six sided dice)
A brain
Notepad

Your character will have 3 characteristics; so you may live this adventure multiple times with different challenge.
These are Strengh, Agility and Mind. You can put 3 points in these.

If you have to roll for something, add the two dices and and you characteristic. You must roll higher or equal to what is asked.

You can be wounded three times. Not more. Yup, you can lose the game, so choose how to act with caution!

Fighting is done by adding 2 dices and your strength, while doing the same for your opponent. Highest score wound the other fighter, draw have no effect. Weapons add to your score, armor give you a save against wounds (which goes down by one every time an opponent score a good attack) and shields increase your chance to have a draw, instead of being wounded, but can take only a few hits.

Equipment notation:
Weapon (Bonus/Break at, special)
Armor (Save/Break at, special)
Shield (Extended draw value/Number of hit, special)

Oh and if you find these rules restricting, just forget about it and choose whatever you want.

And now, Let's the adventure begins!
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2009, 11:40:13 am by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:36:10 pm »

You wake up. Strange, the light is on... ant the mattress seems hard... huh, you're outdoor, lying on grass! How did it happened?

You get up and look around. Nothing that you can remenber... You're lost in an unknown place. And hungry, as it is time for breakfast!
Wait... when you move, you feel different. You're not in your body! Just... what happened? But you don't have time to ponder this
question.
Time to move, or you will starve quickly here! But where? There's a small wood ahead, but also a slope, almost a hill. Which one have your interest?
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 02:49:10 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:37:02 pm »

You enter the wood. You cannot see far away, hindering your progression and there are thick underbushes here and there. You are wondering if you chose the good path, when suddenly... a hole! Test your agility against a 6. If you fail, you fall, else you can resume your progression, as you recovered.
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 02:51:04 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:37:35 pm »

You climb the hill to discover you're not getting to the civilization soon! You see that what you believed to be a wood is a forest, and a huge one to be precise. You spot a river flowing through it. Maybe you want to follow it? Or is entering deeper in the forest is what you plan to do?
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 02:52:28 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:38:18 pm »

Ouch! You're wounded! Putting this aside, you see that you landed in a cavern. At least, there may be a way out! Your only choice is to advance deeper in the place.
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:02:59 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:38:48 pm »

There's no need to hide that fact from yourself. You are lost. Your only choice is to go further and further, until you find something that could possibly give you an indication of where you have landed. But soon, an obstacle block your way. There's a cliff in front of you. You can go either right or left. Of course, you can also climb it, if you're confident enough, but it will requires to test your Strength (7), failing it will wound you. You can try as many times as you want until you succefully climb. Or die trying.
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:02:25 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:39:25 pm »

You're arriving on the bank of a calm, muddy river. Small birds flies around and tou can spot some insects both in and out the water. You were about to follow it when a tree is falling! Test your Agility against a 6 to avoid being wounded, then advance
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:01:52 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #7 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:39:53 pm »

It seems there is an exit in front of you. But as you walk to it... Test your Mind! (7) Success ou failure will decide your fate!
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:00:08 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:40:20 pm »

Look like you have a problem. There is a path going up, but there is a creature in front of it. Some sort of boar, but different, with an important fur! And maybe carnivorous, as he tries to charge and bites you! Without any weapon, you are not going to stop it. Roll your Mind (7) to think fast!
In both case, you will climb on a tree, waiting for the creature to give up. Before or after he bites and wounds your leg, however...
After this, you can move ahead.
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:01:27 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:40:53 pm »

There's a small path running through rocks that ultimately lead to a lake, with a small village that seems to have been attacked recently. There is some activity in it. Are you trying to take a look at it while being hidden, or will you enter bluntly?
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:05:30 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #10 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:41:17 pm »

You may be temped to cros the river. Who know what lies on the other side? Swimming there is the only way. But maybe you want to continue while not getting wet?
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:06:50 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #11 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:41:45 pm »

Whoah! Nice reflexes! Upon hearing the ceiling crumbling, you immediately jumped and you are out, a rock in place of you inside! Well... no time to spend here, onward!
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:07:47 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #12 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:42:25 pm »

Rock fall, everybody die. Well, in our case, you're just wounded, but still... You extract yourself from that place and start walking again.
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:20:10 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #13 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:43:00 pm »

You take the times to observe the place. There is about ten huts, all more or less damaged or destroyed. A stone altar stand in the middle, with strange paintings on it. Most people seems wounded, there are even corpses grouped in a corner. You were about to think your next move when someone who was in the wood spotted you, a sentry, judging from his spear! Will you attack immediately, or surrender to him and enter the village?
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:09:49 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #14 on: 15 August, 2009, 02:43:48 pm »

As soon as you enter, some people armed with wooden spear approach and silently stay on guard, not letting you move. Everybody stay still for a moment, when a voice
arise.

"Do not harm this person!"

A young girl, which you instinctively classify as some sort of priestress, stand in front of you.

"So, it appear, the ritual worked, after all. Sorry for these troubles."

Not knowing what she talk about, you stare at her.

"I praise the Goddess this worked even in this situation! The warrior of light has come!"

Seeing there is some misunderstanding here, you decide to ask what happen and who you are.

"Wait... so this is not the soul of the hero I summonned? Is that a consequence of the damage done to the circle?"

Seeing as everything evolve, you may decide to let her continue or calling this bull**** and start a killing spree just to relieve yourself from this nonsense.
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2009, 03:26:27 pm by Nikoleis » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: