Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:13:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 11942 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #930 on: 02 March, 2011, 04:58:55 pm »

Wednesday 2nd March

10:58pm
Okay, my pokemon are all levelled up (complete with some evolutions and the acquisition of a Celebi thanks to a giveaway), so I'm now all set to take on the Blackthorn Gym. My team will be Tusker and Levi (Ice attacks for Dragons), Tesla (Electric for Water-types), and Rosso, Pell and Molar (non-Dragons with Dragon attacks for Kingdra). Hopefully nothing should go wrong, so here goes nothing...

11:02pm
Blimey, this place has changed a bit. Looks like Clair took inspiration from Bowser's Castle when she built/remodelled her gym. The puzzle has changed, too. Instead of pushing boulders on the upper floor down holes to form bridges over the lava in the ground floor, there's only one flor and you have to manoeuvre platforms across it through the use of switched on each platform. Two switches move a platform from side to side, while the third twists the platform 90 degrees, allowing you to move in all directions. It's a bit more complex, but nothing I can't handle.

11:26pm
Okay, that's all the gym trainers beat. Now to heal up and take on Clair herself. Wish me luck!

11:53pm
Ah, Levi... What would I ever do without you? The battle went smoothly against Clair's Gyarados and the first of her Dragonairs (Gyarados fell in one shot to Tesla's Discharge and the Dragonair was beaten by repeated Ice Shards from Tusker). Problems started when Clair brought out her Kingdra. At first it went okay, I was whittling its health down with Rosso's Twister attack, but he was eventually taken down with repeated Dragon Pulses... Then I brought out Molar (a bit stupid I know, but I thought it was worth a shot) and tried to get him to use Dragonbreath, but he was taken down immediately by a Hydro Pump that caused a Critical Hit. Then I brought out Pell and started alternating between Twister and Fly attacks. I managed to get Kingdra's health down far enough for Clair to use her Hyper Potion, and was doing a decent job of bringing down its health a second time, when Kingdra suddenly unleashed a Hyper Beam. This finished off Pell, so I was forced to bring out Levi again and attack with Crunch. Kingdra got Levi's health down to the red, but Levi won in the end. Finally Clair brought out her second Dragonair and I sent out Tusker. It was going okay, but Dragonair then used Fire Blast, taking Tusker down to just 15HP, and the burn the attack inflicted immediately took care of his remaining health in a rather biased decision on the part of the CPU, IMO. So I then brought out Levi a third time and manage to take Dragonair down with a single Ice Fang, winning the battle.

Not that it made much difference. Clair still can't take defeat like an adult and now I have to "prove myself" by heading into the Dragon's Den behind the gym before she'll properly admit defeat... ¬_¬

12:39am
Well, I answered the Master's questions and he forced Clair to give me the Rising Badge. She still wasn't happy though, as she apparently hasn't passed the test yet herself. I can't help wondering how, however, as the correct answers are pretty easy to determine... Well, unless you're a **** like Silver, anyway. The Master also gave me some info about Lugia before I left, saying that he's resting in the bottom of the Whirl Islands and that I'd need a Silver Wing to get to him. So now I know what pokemon the Kimono Girls have been talking about, I just don't get why they want me to face it... Anyway, back to Blackthorn.

12:47am
Looks like Clair's finally gotten over herself and accepted her defeat. She gave me TM59 Dragon Pulse as an apology. Now to head back to the shrine. Why? You'll see...

12:54am
The Master just gave me a Dratini for answering his questions so well and proving myself worthy. Apparently I would've gotten a Dratini no matter what answers I gave, but for giving the correct ones I got one that knows ExtremeSpeed. I can't think of a decent nickname for him right now, so I'll leave it for the time being.

1:33am
Looks like it's off to New Bark Town. No sooner had I left the Dragon's Den than Prof. Elm phoned me to say that there was something at his lab that I should see. Off we go...

2:01am
The thing Prof. Elm had for me was a Master Ball. That should come in handy. And apparently the Kimono girls have been looking for me. I'm supposed to go to the Ecruteak Dance Theatre to see them, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. For now, I'm going to get a good night's rest...

Current Pokemon:
Levi - Feraligatr, level 41
Pell - Pidgeot, level 41
Roxxor - Graveler, level 35
Ratigan - Raticate, level 35
McTwisp - Furret, level 28
Lightyear - Beedrill, level 25
Hollis - Noctowl, level 35
Pitcher - Weepinbell, level 35
Cheshire - Haunter, level 35
Unown E, level 5
Hatcher - Togetic, level 30