Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 06:29:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 13161 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #975 on: 25 June, 2011, 01:59:50 pm »

Saturday 25th June

Okay, here we go… the final chapter. Or at least the final chapter that I’ll be documenting here. There’s still Inward Chaos, but I really don’t see myself attempting that any time soon. Anyhoo, this will be the same deal as all the chapters since the beginning of Shade Impulse. I’ll limit each entry to interesting stuff so as to avoid repeating myself. I’m sorry if these entries aren’t very interesting, but my lowest-levelled character is level 82, so yeah. Anyway, these levels operate under the same principles as the ones in Distant Glory XI, except that you face Warriors of Chaos and their mannikins instead of Warriors of Cosmos. All battles still take place on Omega stages.

Distant Glory XII – Redemption of the Warrior (Part 1)

Cloud
Unfortunately, nothing really that interesting happened in Cloud’s playthrough, but I finally got decent look at Gabranth and properly hear him speak. Like Shantotto, he speaks with an English accent, or at least a close approximation, but I feel that Gabranth’s voice actor does a better job of it than Shantotto’s. He seems to be a rather gloomy chap as well, talking about how pointless, yet inevitable everything is. Then again, Distant Glory XII takes place in an area where fallen warriors battle in shame for redemption and passage back into the gods’ conflict, and Gabranth’s role is to test one’s resolve to continue onwards, so I guess a depressing outlook on life is all part of the job description.
Anyway, the most interesting thing that happened was me almost losing all my HP thanks to the Sephiroth and Ultimecia boss fights on level 4, and I’m not really sure how it happened. Maybe I just got sloppy from lack of practice, I don’t know…

Sephiroth
Nothing really of interest happened in Sephiroth’s playthrough, although I did encounter a high-level Lady of Antiquity on level 3 and a high-level Warrior of Antiquity on the final level, both of which spawned due to me getting a 2-star rating for the chapter after Cloud’s playthrough. The battle against the Lady of antiquity went pretty well, all things considered, but I got absolutely slaughtered by the Warrior of Antiquity. Seriously, total pwnage. Its behaviour is classified in my guide as “Vicious”, and the authors weren’t bloody wrong there. In the end I actually gave up and ran away to the much easier Gabranth boss battle.

More interesting entries to come. At least, I hope you'll find them more interesting.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: