Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 05:17:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 13537 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #990 on: 13 July, 2011, 04:16:26 pm »

Wednesday 13th July

Next two.

Distant Glory XII – Redemption of the Warrior (Part 10)

Warrior of Light
I managed to hit  the Lady of Antiquity about six or seven times in a row in a single chase sequence, allowing me to Break her from about 2600 BP (the initial strike did about 700 damage as a critical hit, the rest did about 300). Seriously, she just failed to dodge at all.
The Warrior of Antiquity battle was almost as quick as Kefka’s. Probably would’ve been even quicker if it weren’t for his stupidly good dodging and blocking after EX Mode. I hit him almost immediately with Shield Strike, started a Chase Sequence, knocked him against the wall with a Brave attack, hit him with Rising Buckler while he was recovering (Breaking him in the process), chained that into Bitter End,  and activated EX Mode before the HP damage was dealt, throwing us into an EX Burst. He was brought down to about 600 HP, so it was just a matter of getting in a lucky hit with that final HP attack, which turned out to be Shining Wave. Pwnage.

Garland
I was almost defeated by the Lady of Antiquity due to being hit by a couple of her HP attacks in rapid succession, dropping me to just over 500 HP. Luckily by that point I’d managed to get her HP down to just over 1000, so all it took to beat her was a fortunately-timed Cyclone attack and an EX Burst finish.
As I’ve mentioned before in this blog, I’ve often been rather worried that my Garland’s damage output isn’t really as high as it should be, most likely due to poor equipment choices and a lack of any accessories. I was pleasantly surprised, then, at how much damage I was able to do to the Warrior of Antiquity. I was able to Break him in a single post-block combo (plus Wall Rush damage), and one further block and Earthquake attack later he was down to a little under 2000 HP left. I then ended up getting Broken by him afterwards (he’s a quick bugger) and losing about 4000 HP after accidentally dodging into a Guilt attack. Still, I dealt him a few more strong Brave attacks and finally got in a shot with Cyclone, allowing me to finish him off with my EX Burst.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: