Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 03:23:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 13261 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1035 on: 28 July, 2013, 04:31:03 pm »

Thanks. And overall it's a great game. I will say, however, that I much prefer the overworld stuff to the caves. Yes, you don't have a time limit in the caves, but since you have unlimited days then that doesn't matter very much. You just have to make sure you take on the map a section at a time so you're not having to kill the same enemies every time you go in certain directions.
Actually, with the apparent ditching of caves in Pikmin 3, that could well end up being my favourite Pikmin game in terms of structure. Okay, you have to keep collecting fruit so your captains don't starve, but as long as you do that you can mess around as much as you want, I think. And I've proven to myself that I can indeed beat a Pikmin game without cheating, so the only remaining concern I have about 3 is the lag on my TV.

My only real complaint about Pikmin 2 is the absence of co-op story mode, or at least a means of programming instructions into your other captain. You can split the party up, but you have to personally control each captain to get them where you want them to go. It sounds like they've fixed this a bit in 3, but not entirely. You can at least issue orders to other captains to go certain places. You probbably still need to keep an eye on them, however. Dumb AI and all that.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: