Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:13:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 11943 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1005 on: 02 August, 2011, 04:24:51 pm »

Yeah, I'm glad.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1006 on: 02 August, 2011, 06:17:06 pm »

Time for 012
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1007 on: 02 August, 2011, 06:19:26 pm »

Oh yeah. I don't think I'll be documenting my experiences, though.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1008 on: 23 June, 2013, 12:09:58 pm »

*blows dust off topic*

*cough* *cough*

...Nope, that's not going to do it.

*vigorously applies vacuum cleaner to topic*

That's better.

Okay! With Pikmin 3 on the horizon, I've decided that the time is right to finally man up and try to complete Pikmin 2. I've previously always lost my nerve shortly after reaching the Perplexing Pool, being too soft and scared of my pikmin dying to head into any caves after the White Flower Garden. Except once when I got The Key in the Citadel of Spiders in order to unlock Challenge Mode.
Anyway, given that the Pikmin games are rather episodic in nature, due to the day system, I figured I may as well blog about my experiences in the vain hope that someone might be vaguely interested. And if not, I'm sure you can at least have some laughs at my despair over little pikmin death-whimpers.

Now, given that your hand is held through the whole of the introductory first day, and even the second day is always pretty rigidly structured, I've decided to actually start my account on the third day where you're finally given some real freedom. However, here's a summary of my current progress:

Day 1
Treasure
Courage Reactor (Duracell D battery) - 280
Day Total: 280 pokos
Overall Total: 280/10,000 pokos

Pikmin
Red Pikmin
Obtained/sprouted: 20
Killed: 0
Day Total: 20
Overall Total: 20

Day 2
Treasure
Utter Scrap (crushed drink can) - 170
Citrus Lump (tangerine) - 180
Quenching Emblem (7-Up bottle cap) - 100
Spherical Atlas (nothern hemisphere of a globe) - 200
Day Total: 650 pokos
Overall Total: 930/10,000 pokos

Pikmin
Red Pikmin
Sprouted: 50
Converted: 10
Day Total: 40
Overall Total: 60

Purple Pikmin
Sprouted: 10
Day Total: 10
Overall Total: 10

Total Pikmin: 70
Total Deaths: 0
« Last Edit: 26 June, 2013, 02:11:25 pm by Gargravarr » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #1009 on: 23 June, 2013, 03:27:19 pm »

This should be interesting. I never really played Pikmin 2, only Pikmin 1.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1010 on: 23 June, 2013, 03:30:49 pm »

I'm too scared to play Pikmin 1. That time limit... *shudder*

Closest I've come is watching a playthrough on youtube..
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1011 on: 24 June, 2013, 05:07:46 pm »

Day 3
Okay, day 3. The adventure begins properly.

Since there's nowhere left I can go in the Valley of Repose (the first available area for those who don't know), I touched down in the second area of the game: the Awakening Wood. Immediately I called out all of my Pikmin and set about exploring the large opening section. It wasn't long before I spotted some Pellet Posies and Bulborbs I could victimise to build up my army, but I was rather rudely interrupted by another tutorial message from the Ship. It's a good thing the gameplay pauses during these otherwise the Dwarf Red Bulborbs I was attacking could've chomped down on about 15 of my Pikmin while the Ship was nattering on. ¬_¬ Anyway, I killed the creatures, as well as their full-sized friend whom I was very careful to approach from behind, without losing any Pikmin and set some of my troops to transport their carcasses back to the Red Onion. Right near where the Red Bulborb had been viciously snoozing before I set my army of inch-high terrors on it in self-defense, on a low ledge, was my next treasure: the Sunseed Berry. Just as some Pikmin started carrying it to the Ship I got an alert from it, saying that the Onion had stopped producing seeds but was still creating new Pikmin inside. I looked at the counter and saw that there were now 95 Pikmin in the field out of a possible 100, so there must be five wild ones out there somewhere. Shortly afterwards, the Sunseed Berry arrived at the Ship and was valued at 170 pokos, bringing me up to 1,100 and clearing 10% of the debt! Just 8,900 pokos left to go!
After this I explored the area some more, killing some harmless Female Sheargrubs for more Pikmin fodder (again in self-defense) as I went along, when I encountered a floating creature called a Honeywisp. Naturally I threw a Pikmin at it (good friend of nature, me) and its egg fell to the ground and cracked open, revealing some nectar. Some of my Pikmin drank it and instantly matured into flowers, increasing their speed and attack power, so that's handy. I found some more nectar after the Pikmin plucked some grass so it wasn't long before all 95 Pikmin under my control had flowers. Rock on.
With the only two other pathways blocked off by pools of water, I followed the central route and encountered a pair of red berry-producing plants called Burgeoning Spiderworts. I swarmed some Pikmin around them and they climbed the stems and started knocking the berries down and carrying them back to the Ship. I set my remaining Pikmin to the grueling task of breaking down the nearby black wall. This was sped up soon afterwards, however, as after the tenth berry was brought to the Ship I got an alert telling me about the creation of an Ultra-Spicy Spray. I recalled my Pikmin to try out the spray and it supercharged them, making their flowers glow pink/purple and greatly increasing their power so they could knock down the rest of the wall much faster. Almost immediately after this was done I stumbled upon another enemy called a Cloaking Burrow-nit half-buried in the ground, but my supercharged swarm managed to finish it off within about a second.
I had to be careful next, as I walked into a patch of flowers called "Margarets". Why did I need to be worried about some flowers? Because on the Planet of the Pikmin potential death waits around every corner, and this particular breed of Pikmin-mulcher, known as a Creeping Chrysanthemum, disguises itself as one of these Margaret flowers and jumps out when you get too near. But there's a trick to distinguishing one from real flowers: it has no leaves. So dismiss your Pikmin, approach the suspicious flower with the captain(s) (but don't get too close so you don't get knocked back) and wait for it to take a bite. If it misses you it will overbalance and give you an opening to swarm it with your adorable army. While some Pikmin were carrying the Chrysanthemum and Burrow-nit corpses back to the Onion I looked around this new area a bit more, finding a low ledge I can't get onto yet, a paper bag obstacle that required 200 Pikmin to squash, a wall guarded by some poison gas spouts which prevented me from knocking it down, and a yellow bottle cap on a high ledge that I can't currently reach. The only route open to me lead to a new cave, which the Ship ominously described as containing "hostile roars" and a "beast of unknown power". Now, "unkown power" could easily mean something really pathetic, but I didn't feel like taking any chances just yet, especially as sunset was fast approaching, so I instead decided to collect a few more berries to make some more spicy spray, and then call it a day.

So there we are. A slow day for treasure, but a good one for exploration and Pikmin propogation. I've passed my first money milestone and still no deaths. So far so good.

Next time: Taming the Hole of Beasts!

Day Summary
Treasure
Sunseed Berry (strawberry) - 170
Day Total: 170 pokos
Overall Total: 1,100/10,000 pokos

Pikmin
Red Pikmin
Sprouted: 60
Day Total: 60
Overall Total: 120

Purple Pikmin
Sprouted: 0
Day Total: 0
Overall Total: 10

Total Pikmin: 130
« Last Edit: 29 June, 2013, 06:22:08 pm by Gargravarr » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #1012 on: 25 June, 2013, 03:12:15 pm »

Basically, if it exists in nature, you should throw one or more pikmin at it. And from what I remember, at least from Pikmin 1, there may soon be deaths in the pikmin ranks.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1013 on: 25 June, 2013, 04:53:31 pm »

Yep. The number of creatures in this game that don't want to munch Pikmin is very low. I can think of maybe four or five off the top of my head.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1014 on: 26 June, 2013, 05:13:25 pm »

Would've done this yesterday but it kept getting later and later, then I went to see Man of Steel in the evening and by the time I got home I just really didn't feel like playing, so I did it today instead.

I've also gone back and added what each treasure actually is (not just the name the Ship gives it) to my previous entries.

Day 4
After my usual starting points of calling out all my Purple Pikmin and as many Red Pikmin as possible, scouting around for any enemies or Pellet Posies in the starting area I can use for fodder and gathering more red berries for extra Spicy Sprays (after fighting off some Ravenous Whiskerpillars that eat said berries), I immediately headed off for the Hole of Beasts. The journey was uneventful, apparently the Creeping Chrysanthemum and Cloaking Burrow-nit hadn't respawned yet, so I was able to reach the cave with my army intact. So all that was left was to take the plunge...
I personally regard the Hole of Beasts as the first proper "dungeon" of the game, given that the Emergence Cave is basically a free stroll underground that's impossible to fail at. Having said that, however, the Hole of Beasts was still pretty easy. Maybe it's just because of its early position in the game, maybe I just got lucky with the random floor layouts, I don't know. Anyway, my first move when entering a new floor of a cave is always to scout the area with Olimar, and the first floor seemed simple enough. The only enemies were male and female Sheargrubs (only the males are dangerous) and there was a single treasure lying in plain sight: the Stone of Glory. Or a D-pad, as we would call it. So I went back and got my Pikmin, massacred any Sheargrubs that ambushed us and claimed the treasure, netting 100 pokos. The second floor contained nothing but a pair of purple Candypop Buds, which I used to convert 10 Reds into Purples. I also found an egg near the Research Pod that could be smashed open for some nectar to mature my new Purples into flowers.
Things became a bit more interesting on the third floor, despite the lack of enemies, as it featured the first appearance of fire geysers in the game. Now, given my huge number of Red Pikmin, salvaging the treasures on this floor was never going to be an issue, but for the sake of my Purples I am so glad that the geysers can be shut off by Reds in this game, unlike in Pikmin 1. So I went around with my Reds, knocking out every geyser, and claimed the two treasures: the Strife Monolith and the Cosmic Archive. I'm sensing a game theme in this cave, video or otherwise.
The fourth floor brought a somewhat significant threat in the form of a Red Bulborb, along with some more fire geysers. I immediately threw my Pikmin on its back, Purples first, killing it in seconds and making it cough up a Game & Wat- sorry, "Dream Architect"! A Red Bulborb is a pretty big creature, but how on earth it was able to swallow and contain such a huge device is beyond me. Anyway, further exploration revealed another purple Candypop Bud (another 5 Reds went in) and the Luck Wafer, which only required a single Pikmin to carry it and pushed me up to 2,000 pokos in total. I have to say I smiled a bit at the sight of this tiny creature carrying this card vertically by a single corner. The only mild complication (aside from accidentally damaging Olimar a bit when he got too close to a couple of geysers) on this floor came from a swarm of Mitites that sprang out of one of the eggs I cracked open while looking for nectar for my new Purples. Mitites don't actually hurt Pikmin but they do send them into a panic so they could potentially run into a hazard by accident. Luckily there were no geysers nearby that any of my Purples could have blundered into.
When I reached the final floor I was greeted by a rather sinister musical sting and an ominous imprint left by a large creature directly under the Research Pod. I went to scout ahead with Olimar as usual, but I didn't get far before I was confronted by the sleeping form of easily the most enormous creature I've seen in the game so far: the Empress Bulblax, presumably the "beast of unknown power" that the Ship sensed yesterday. Basically imagine a normal Red Bulborb with a grotesquely massive backside. A single Pikmin thrown at her was enough to wake her up, and the battle began. And it was really quite easy, truth be told, as was expected from the game's first boss. All I had to do was keep throwing Pikmin at her face and make sure to call them all back before she started rolling from side to side. I came very close to accidentally losing a couple of Pikmin as I hadn't noticed that they'd gone past her head and were attacking her body, but I was able to save them before they were squished. Thankfully she started by rolling in the opposite direction to them that time. Upon her death the Empress seemed to explode with some fireworks and deflate, leaving only the front segment with her head and legs behind, but she'd also seemingly swallowed a treasure: the Prototype Detector. In addition to being worth 200 pokos, this treasure was a particularly good find as it unlocked the Treasure Gauge, which alerts the player to nearby treasures. There was nothing else to do on this floor after getting the treasure, so I jumped onto the exit geyser and blasted out of there.
Upon arriving back at the landing site I was informed that I had now cleared 20% of the debt, and since time stands still in caves, there was still plenty of "hours" left in the day so I decided to go ahead and squash that paper bag I found yesterday, especially seeing as I already had 25 Purples with me which would be more than enough to do the job. After doing so I killed the Cloaking Burrow-nit just beyond the bag and immediately came across another poison wall, a pool of water that seemed to be blocking off a path leading to that low ledge I noticed yesterday, and another hole in the ground which apparently made the Ship's sensors react violently enough that it felt the need to inform me of an emergency evacuation option, where all treasure would be dropped to allow the captains and Pikmin to escape to the surface. I decided to leave the hole for now, though, and went back to breed more Pikmin and harvest more berries. I also had the Pikmin dig up some more grass nectar and used it to mature some of my leaf Reds into flowers. The new Treasure Gauge reacted strongly to something on top of a high flowerpot, but since I couldn't see anything up there I decided to call it a day, especially as sunset was coming in a few "hours".

I'd say this day was a resounding success. Lots of Pikmin bred, my treasure haul doubled, a new route opened up and my first proper cave completed. Just 7,800 pokos left to go...

Next time: Strolling through a Garden of White Flowers.

Day Summary
Treasure
Stone of Glory (D-pad) - 100
Strife Monolith (Mahjong tile) - 150
Cosmic Archive (Famicom disk) - 230
Dream Architect ("Ball" Game & Watch) - 280
Luck Wafer (Ace of spades) - 140
Prototype Detector (Nintendo Love Tester toy) - 200
Day Total: 1,100 pokos
Overall Total: 2,200/10,000 pokos

Pikmin
Red Pikmin
Sprouted: 50
Converted: 15
Day Total: 35
Overall Total: 155

Purple Pikmin
Sprouted: 15
Day Total: 15
Overall Total: 25

Total Pikmin: 180
« Last Edit: 29 June, 2013, 06:27:35 pm by Gargravarr » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #1015 on: 26 June, 2013, 06:50:13 pm »

Still no pikmin dead, quite impressive.

How much time does it take to clear a dungeon? In real life time, I mean. Are they short trips, or time consuming?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1016 on: 27 June, 2013, 08:02:50 am »

Depends on the dungeon, really. Some have more floors, some just have more difficult floors, and a few later on have both. Also depends on how much you explore and whether you try to collect all treasures and kill all enemies.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1017 on: 28 June, 2013, 02:47:13 pm »

Two days for the price of one, you lucky ducks. You'll find out why later on. I meant to post these yesterday but things got way too late.

Day 5
Same beginning as always, took out my Pikmin (20 Purples & 75 Reds), harvested pellets & berries and headed for the hole. There were no enemies again, so I jumped straight in. And what a difference from the Hole of Beasts! Instead of a typical tunnel-like area, I seemed to be on a rusty platform hovering in mid-air inside an enormous underground cavern. There were only sheargrubs and one treasure (the Nutrient Silo, worth 130 pokos) on this floor, but I discovered that the Treasure Gauge handily gives off a very obvious powering-down noise when there are no more treasures left on a floor. Also, the Pikmin start humming the title screen theme, so that's very cute. Moving on to the second floor, a large ring-like area with two treasures on shelf-like platforms in the middle, and I encountered a new enemy: two Fiery Blowhogs. Potentially quite nasty, but easy as hell if you take them on with a large swarm of just Reds. I picked up the two new treasures (the Drought Ender and the Petrified Heart, worth 100 pokos each) and fell down to the next floor.
There were no enemies here, unless you count two Honeywisps, and apparently no treasures though the Gauge did sense something. The main attraction here was three White Candypop Buds, into which I immediately threw 15 Reds and recieved my first 15 White Pikmin! The Ship gave Olimar sass here for neglecting to mention them in the report from his previous adventure, but I was too busy admiring their adorableness (even when belching poison) and speed. Seriously, leaf Whites could keep up with flower Reds with little difficulty. And unfortunately they stayed leaves because one of the Honeywisp eggs contained a Mitite swarm and the other gave me a free dose of Spicy Spray, so no nectar. I got over this small disappointment soon after, however, as I was heading over to the hole when the Whites stopped and starting digging up a completely buried treasure (the Superstick Textile, 80 pokos), apparently what the Gauge had sensed earlier. So that's pretty cool.
The fourth floor brought another use for the Whites as it was filled with poison gas spouts, which had to be knocked out before any other Pikmin could advance like the fire geysers in the Hole of Beasts. There weren't any enemies but two treasures (Toxic Toadstool, 30 pokos, and Container of Sea Bounty, 130 pokos). Although, given that one was a mushroom that had to be dug up a little and was only worth 30 pokos, I wonder a bit if it really was a treasure. BTW, the fourth floor was back to the typical tunnel style of scenery, with the transition happening in the third floor. Apparently that was the bottom of the massive cavern.
So that was it for the main dungeon, now there was just the boss. And honestly, this was the part I've been most dreading about this playthrough. I know there are going to be much tougher things later on, but I could never bring myself to get much further than this so it was still a very nasty enemy from my perspective. It was a short walk from the Research Pod to the nest-like arena, and off to the side were some eggs I could crack open and finally use the nectar to mature my Whites. I also got another free Spicy Spray. I went back to the starting area, a nice long distance away from the battlefield, and just took my Purples with me, as I've heard it's sensible to bring a small squad for this creature. I walked into the nest and it sprang out of the ground: the Burrowing Snagret. Imagine a snake with a bird's head and you've got it exactly right. Now, I've heard that the best way to damage it is to wait until it gets stuck emerging from the ground, so only its head is visible, but it does this for such a short time that I gave up and looked for a new strategy. It also didn't help that I ended up losing my first 6 Pikmin. Instead I waited for it to fully emerge, moved around behind it and started throwing 'Min on the the back and sides of its head. This seemed to work much better and a few rounds later it gave a chicken-like exclamation and died, leaving only its head and a glove (Five-man Napsack, 100 pokos) behind, which I can only assume was tightly rolled up inside it or something, otherwise I've no idea how it fit. At least the Empress Bulblax was massive enough to hold such a large thing inside herself. The Ship apparently used the glove to make the Napsack, so I'll make sure to try that out later. Briefly mourning the loss of those brave six Purples, I jumped onto the geyser and blasted out.
Since, again, there was plenty of time left in the day, I decided (after harvesting a few more pellets and berries) to head back into the Hole of Beasts to replenish my supply of Purples, so I jumped in, blazed through and got 15 new ones (as well as another free spray). I also noticed, not that it was difficult, that the Empress Bulblax had reappeared on the final floor, but it was a simple matter to just sneak past her and reach the geyser since she only wakes up if Pikmin start attacking her. I only had to kill her the first time to get the treasure. I just hope it's as easy to sneak past the Snagret if I need to boost my White Pikmin ranks... Anyway, upon blasting out again I immediately set about breaking down the wall by the White Flower Garden hole, which took a very long time even with a Spicy Spray as only my 15 Whites could work due to the poison spouts right underneath it. Immediately after the wall was broken and the spouts disabled I had Olimar take the Whites over to the other poison wall near the Hole of Beasts (as well as the Reds due to a suspicious-looking "flower" right behind the wall), while Louie explored the new area with the Purples. He came across a pair of see-saw platforms that could be used to reach the low ledge, a single Burgeoning Spiderwort that had some purple berries (immediately harvested and carried back to the Ship, which was very near to this new area), an electrified fence with another hole behind it, and a die treasure (Chance Totem, 100 pokos) which was also carried back to the Ship. Meanwhile, back with Olimar, as soon as the poison spouts were disabled I set about killing the Creeping Chrysanthemum that was fooling nobody and made a few more discoveries: a pile of sticks that could be fashioned into a bridge that would open up another shortcut to the landing site, a new pathway that led to a water-filled area, and another globe hemisphere treasure. Unfortunately, even though my Pikmin were able to finish the bridge, I wasn't able to get any Purples over to help carry the very heavy treasure in time to beat the sunset, so I had to abandon it in order to gather my Pikmin back up before time ran out. There was a brief heart-stopping moment when I thought I'd left 5 of them roaming around somewhere, but then I remembered that those 5 were just the wild ones I'd been detecting all this time. So I blasted off in the Ship but made sure to return the following day.

Day Summary
Treasure
Nutrient Silo (jar of peanut butter) - 130
Drought Ender (Dr. Pepper bottle cap) - 100
Petrified Heart (heart-shaped ruby) - 100
Superstick Textile (roll of sticky tape) - 80
Toxic Toadstool (mushroom) - 30
Container of Sea Bounty (can of herrings) - 130
Five-man Napsack (glove) - 100
Chance Totem (six-sided die) - 100
Day Total: 770 pokos
Overall Total: 2970/10,000 pokos

Pikmin
Red Pikmin
Sprouted: 48
Converted: 30
Day Total: 18
Overall Total: 173

Purple Pikmin
Killed: 6
Day Total: 9
Overall Total: 34

White Pikmin
Day Total: 15
Overall Total: 15

Total Pikmin: 222
Total Deaths: 6

Day 6
I'm afraid some more Pikmin deaths followed today. After taking out my Pikmin and harvesting some pellets and berries I noticed that the two Dwarf Red Bulborbs had respawned not far from the landing site. I approached and tried to throw a Purple to squash it because I find that funny... but it fell just short and was eaten before I could get it to safety. It was quickly avenged but that's the first Pikmin death due to my own stupidity. Anyway, after this I headed over the new bridge to salvage the hemisphere treasure (Geographic Projection, 200 pokos). As the Pikmin were carrying it back to the Ship (and pushing my debt clearance over 30% in one happy go) I decided to explore the water area I found yesterday with Olimar and Louie, finding some bridges and a pair of yellow froglike-enemies (called Yellow Wollywogs) and it was here that I remembered that the captains can walk through water with no ill-effects, which gave me an idea. I returned to the landing site to retrieve the Pikmin and headed over to that low ledge between the Hole of Beasts and White Flower Garden. I threw my army up onto it and then walked around to the side where there was a pool of water and a slope the captains could go up to meet the Pikmin, finding an electrified fence and a Cloaking Burrow-nit. I was just starting to swarm the Burrow-nit when suddenly the Ship butted in and drew attention to the other side of the fence where there was a large pool of water, an Onion and a small group of Blue Pikmin that were attacking some tadpole-like creatures. This would have been very interesting if it hadn't happened in the middle of a battle, but when the Ship finally stopped blathering on attention was suddenly drawn back to the Burrow-nit which was now dead. I was relieved for a moment until the Ship observed that it had been poisoned after consuming a White Pikmin. Thankfully it was the only one that died (they can only catch/eat one Pikmin at a time), but unlike the Purple earlier on I felt confident that this one wasn't my fault. Bloody Ship... Still, I at least now know where those five wild Pikmin are.
Since there's nothing I can do about electric fences right now I headed back to the landing site, where I remembered that the Treasure Gauge had previously reacted to something unseen on a high flowerpot. Well, I now had Pikmin that could sense and dig things up so I walked up the nearby slope and threw my Whites up there. Sure enough they dug up a plant bulb (which, like the Toxic Toadstool yesterday, I'm not really sure counts as a "treasure") which was then carried back to the Ship, named "Pilgrim Bulb" and valued at 55 pokos. I also came across a curious green beetle-like thing which the Pikmin seemed very eager to attack even though it seemed to pose no immediate threat. Then after I managed to land a hit on it with a thrown Pikmin it spat out a pellet, so maybe that's what they wanted. The only other important thing that happened today was that I harvested five more purple berries which the ship then turned into an "Ultra-Bitter Spray". I look forward to seeing its effects.

So yeah, that was it for today. Just tying up some loose ends before moving on to the new area that the Geographic Projection unlocked.

Next time: Dipping a toe into the Perplexing Pool.

Treasure
Geographic Projection (southern hemisphere of a globe) - 200
Pilgrim Bulb (plant bulb) - 55
Day Total: 255 pokos
Overall Total: 3,225/10,000 pokos

Pikmin
Red Pikmin
Sprouted: 56
Day Total: 56
Overall Total: 229

Purple Pikmin
Killed: 1
Day Total: -1
Overall Total: 33

White Pikmin
Killed: 1
Day Total: -1
Overall Total: 14

Total Pikmin: 276
Total Deaths: 8
« Last Edit: 29 June, 2013, 06:37:48 pm by Gargravarr » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #1018 on: 28 June, 2013, 03:21:39 pm »

You know, I think you might need those 8lue Pikmin in the Perplexing Pool. I mean, the word pool seems to imply that there may 8e water there.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1019 on: 28 June, 2013, 03:23:50 pm »

Yeah, probably. Then again, the "perplexing" part could mean the pool is very small.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: