Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:53:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gar's Gaming Blog (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)  (Read 12109 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #150 on: 18 October, 2009, 04:26:40 pm »

Only Terra's voice seemed annoying to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #151 on: 18 October, 2009, 04:29:49 pm »

The only other voice I can think if that's a little off is Cloud's, but that's only because he pauses at odd times in some of his sentences during cutscenes. Then again, that's less of an issue with dubbing and more to do with lip-syncing. His battles quotes are done well, IMO.
« Last Edit: 18 October, 2009, 04:32:25 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #152 on: 18 October, 2009, 04:59:23 pm »

From the video you showed me, it sounded like it.
Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #153 on: 20 October, 2009, 09:57:40 am »

I agree on the annoying IA part with Firion, OK, Bartz, Terra, Kuja and Golbez (well, CoD too, if having a block or two). These are the most annoying to fight against for me.

Personally, I prefer to fight some other character than Ex-Death for levelling, just because of all these items you need to sythetize/steal. But that's just me.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #154 on: 20 October, 2009, 10:20:07 am »

I agree on the annoying IA part with Firion, OK, Bartz, Terra, Kuja and Golbez (well, CoD too, if having a block or two). These are the most annoying to fight against for me.

Personally, I prefer to fight some other character than Ex-Death for levelling, just because of all these items you need to sythetize/steal. But that's just me.

I don't actually mind fighting Firion, OK, Kuja or Golbez, even when they're spamming HP attacks. The only one out of them that actually has a fairly hard-to-avoid HP attack right now is Golbez with Genesis Rock. Firion's Straightarrow is just laughable (though I've heard Shield Bash is nasty), neither of Kuja's current HP attacks (Flare Star and Seraphic Star) are that hard to avoid, and Onion Knight often falls short with Blade Torrent and misses with Comet, though Firaga is a bit more dangerous.

They all have their annoying moments (what character doesn't?) but for some reason they just don't annoy me as much as Bartz or Terra. I just don't know why that is. Terra has an annoying voice actor and quotes, but I don't know what it is with Bartz...

As for levelling up, I fight against all the different characters I can because I think it gives me better experience than just fighting Exdeath all the time, since he's just an easy target in the hands of the AI. I don't even do the Exdeath levelling-up trick, because I want to get properly used to each characters' moves and master them while levelling up. I'm not even bothering with getting certain items yet...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #155 on: 20 October, 2009, 10:40:53 am »

Shield bash IS horrible, OK can hit fast and hard, as all his brave goes into HP at higher level, Terra is just annoying, you will learn to hate Kuja's Ultima and Genesis rocks does rocks indeed.

Some mage (no spoiler here) has a way worse voice and chained HP attacks.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #156 on: 20 October, 2009, 11:33:47 am »

Even so, I'd rather level up at my own pace and deal with those problems as they come, rather than level up to 100 and get thrown into the deep end with those moves right from the off.

And if you're referring to Shantotto, I'm already aware of her Manafont ability and I actually like what I've heard of her voice.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #157 on: 20 October, 2009, 11:42:03 am »

Even so, I'd rather level up at my own pace and deal with those problems as they come, rather than level up to 100 and get thrown into the deep end with those moves right from the off.

And if you're referring to Shantotto, I'm already aware of her Manafont ability and I actually like what I've heard of her voice.
After 12 dodges in a row, You WILL mute your system.

Good luck with that!
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #158 on: 20 October, 2009, 01:05:10 pm »

After 12 dodges in a row, You WILL mute your system.

Good luck with that!

I can already tolerate Exdeath's "HUR HUR HUR", Kuja's "WELL, NOW!", Ultimecia's dodge laugh and the Emperor's "Oh!". I'm not too worried.

Was that a sarcastic "good luck with that", or a normal one?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #159 on: 20 October, 2009, 01:09:21 pm »

A real one. 70 hours and only 2 chars at level 100. Next one is level 30.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #160 on: 20 October, 2009, 02:56:13 pm »

Most of my characters are currently around level 30. I'm currently levelling up Terra and Kefka to that level (which is a bit of a slog), then it's just WoL and Garland to go.

At the time of posting, I've logged in almost 130 hours...
« Last Edit: 20 October, 2009, 02:59:06 pm by Mayuri Kurotsuchi » Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #161 on: 20 October, 2009, 04:18:32 pm »

130 hours? Holy crap... you must really like this game (meant in a positive way of course). 130 hours is my standard time for an RPG game I get really into.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #162 on: 20 October, 2009, 04:42:28 pm »

Well to be fair, I've played it at least a little pretty much every day since I got it.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #163 on: 20 October, 2009, 04:43:16 pm »

Ahh, yeah that could explain it.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #164 on: 20 October, 2009, 05:44:52 pm »

And it's probably going to last for a lot longer. Especially when you consider the sheer number of story modes.

First there's the ten Destiny Odysseys, one for each hero, each one five levels long.

Then there's the four Shade Impulse chapters which can be attempted by any of the ten heroes (and include cutscenes exclusive to each hero's playthrough). Each chapter is also five levels long apart from the final chapter which only has two (but ends in a three-stage boss fight).

And that's just the main storyline.

After that there's the two Distant Glory chapters, also five levels long each, that can be attempted by all the heroes and villains, and the whole thing finishes with Inward Chaos, the hardest story mode, which is also five levels long and features enemies ranging from level 92 to the level 110 final boss, which is also in three stages. Inward Chaos can also be attempted with all playable characters.

And then there's Arcade mode, the Duel Colosseum, getting certain equipment and accessories... so yeah.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: